John Tavares

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

John Tavares

Chiarelli should go after this kid. I read somehwere he wont sign in NY after this contract.

I would give them Seguin, Wheeler and Stuart or Ference (hate him).

Seguin has a lot of potential, but Tavares has the same potential and is way better right now. He would make the Bruins a lot better for sure.

I would think the Islanders would take this deal (Seguin's portential and two legit NHLers that we dont need anymore). Caron can do what Wheeler is doing (and more) and he's younger and McQuid needs to stay.

This is a good trade both ways.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: John Tavares

ryder73..you are an idiot ....Seguin will be 10 times better than Tavares

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to John Tavares:
    [QUOTE]Chiarelli should go after this kid. I read somehwere he wont sign in NY after this contract. I would give them Seguin, Wheeler and Stuart or Ference (hate him). Seguin has a lot of potential, but Tavares has the same potential and is way better right now. He would make the Bruins a lot better for sure. I would think the Islanders would take this deal (Seguin's portential and two legit NHLers that we dont need anymore). Caron can do what Wheeler is doing (and more) and he's younger and McQuid needs to stay. This is a good trade both ways.  
    Posted by ryder73[/QUOTE]

LOL? Tavares wont be reaching that 90pt+ status anytime soon, if ever. Seguin will be the better player in my eyes. Tavares is young smaller version (size wise) of Glenn Murray / Johan Franzen mix. Similar in the sense that he's a true sniper whose good around the net and on the powerplay. Does not have the one-one skills or speed to be ELITE, just yet anyways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Both have tons of potential, playing on Long Island has stunted his growth for sure. Tavares is a playmaker too, to compare him to Glen Murray/Johan Franzen is dead wrong.
    Either way, Segion is not getting dealt and I would be floored if Tavares was dealt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

ryder73, you've touched upon something I have been wondering for this trade deadline.  What if the B's offered up their two first rounders, Wheeler, and Colborne, say, for Tavares?  A smart team wouldn't trade Tavares for anything.

But the NY Islanders are one of the worst managed teams in the league. I can see them being stupid enough to trade their young #1 center if they were tempted with the prospect of three 1st round picks.

I would never give up Seguin though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Tavares is not a play maker.. Goals and assist are nearly equal in his career at all levels of play..

NYI are a rebuilding team, but they sold the fan base tavares, they can't now give up on him and start selling a seguin.. Seguin has a higher ceiling, but tavares is a better player at this point and a safer bet..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

So we are dumping Seguin now? People are finally coming around to my thinking

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: John Tavares:
    [QUOTE]So we are dumping Seguin now? People are finally coming around to my thinking
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

no just the only other guy on the board stupider than you are. Good company you keep eh, Nash?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]ryder73, you've touched upon something I have been wondering for this trade deadline.  What if the B's offered up their two first rounders, Wheeler, and Colborne, say, for Tavares?  A smart team wouldn't trade Tavares for anything. But the NY Islanders are one of the worst managed teams in the league. I can see them being stupid enough to trade their young #1 center if they were tempted with the prospect of three 1st round picks. I would never give up Seguin though
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

The isles have no use for wheeler, he is only a slight upgrade on their skill yet, lots of talented prospects, they would be looking for more of that, a few draft picks, possibly some gritty mentor type vets..

Tavares is not a piece that they would move, and most of what they would does little for the bruins..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why don't the b's throw in TT, chara and bergeron while theyr'e at it! tavares for what? it's easy to look good on a team that is that terrible. i can't wait for the b's to make their move, so these dumb posts will stop popping up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]You should do some homework on this one i think. He has way better speed than Savard and he plays with nobody. Tell me something. How long have you known anything about Tyler Seguin? In Response to Re: John Tavares :

Tavares has speed? LOL, thats why he did a 16.43 on skills (speed) competetion couple of years ago at Juniors? Dont know what games you have watched. Check his scouting report, obvious flaw is his lack of speed and agility.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't understand why you just want to throw in Wheeler and Stuart or Ference who you hate for some reason (if it's because of the Paille incident, get over it). Ference's value is much higher than Stuart's.

Considering that Tavares has said he wouldn't resign with the Isles, I think you could get him for Seguin straight up and maybe even get a piece back from the Isles since they are cap constrained and could keep Seguin longer than Tavares.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to John Tavares:
    [QUOTE]Chiarelli should go after this kid. I read somehwere he wont sign in NY after this contract. I would give them Seguin, Wheeler and Stuart or Ference (hate him). Seguin has a lot of potential, but Tavares has the same potential and is way better right now. He would make the Bruins a lot better for sure. I would think the Islanders would take this deal (Seguin's portential and two legit NHLers that we dont need anymore). Caron can do what Wheeler is doing (and more) and he's younger and McQuid needs to stay. This is a good trade both ways.  
    Is he going to play in the KHL if he doesn't resign with NYI?You do know that NYI has the right to match any offer he receives?He may not want to resign in NY but what he wants isn't relevant to what he gets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why you just want to throw in Wheeler and Stuart or Ference who you hate for some reason (if it's because of the Paille incident, get over it). Ference's value is much higher than Stuart's. Considering that Tavares has said he wouldn't resign with the Isles, I think you could get him for Seguin straight up and maybe even get a piece back from the Isles since they are cap constrained and could keep Seguin longer than Tavares.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Tavares can try to force the hand, but he can not, not resign.. He will severly decrease his value in attempting to do so he is an RFA, and a quick google of the subject returns nothing so would like to know where this even generated from.. He's got a season plus left on his deal, stay quiet and play your game..
     If your really want out keep it within the organization and let them move you..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

rolerhoky,

I want to emphasize that I don't think such a deal would happen, but to recognize that not every team operates from a logical standpoint.  Yes, why would NYI move Tavares? He is their franchise.  On the other hand, they signed DiPietro to that ridiculous contract and are a bastion of idiotic management.  I think we have all seen some crazy deals which defy logic over the years. I just wouldn't be suprised if one came out of Long Island.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Shaunk,
    Fair enough, Dipietro's contract has logic to it, it just hasnt panned out at this point the way they would hope..

But bigger then that, what recent NHL team has traded away its franchise corner stone after 1-2 years of development, when the kid has had steady production..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Shaunk, Fair enough, Dipietro's contract has logic to it, it just hasnt panned out at this point the way they would hope.. But bigger then that, what recent NHL team has traded away its franchise corner stone after 1-2 years of development, when the kid has had steady production..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    I agree.Just because Dipietro has been injured,doesn't mean the deal was as bad as some let on.If the last 5 years of the deal were bought out,the deal would only end up being around 6 per for 10 years(reasonable for the top tenders).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Ryder73, what do you do with your spare time?

I suggest you pick up a good book.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I would say Toronto trading away Tuukka Rask would be the closest thing, but goalie's are different. So yeah, you're definitely correct, there is no precedent for trading away a franchise player. But would you agree that the NYI might be the team that sets the precedent?  Ha, just kidding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

78 Assists one year in junior....I'd say he is a playmaker...Had 40 goals but DOUBLE the assists...

n Response to Re: John Tavares:
    [QUOTE]Tavares is not a play maker.. Goals and assist are nearly equal in his career at all levels of play.. NYI are a rebuilding team, but they sold the fan base tavares, they can't now give up on him and start selling a seguin.. Seguin has a higher ceiling, but tavares is a better player at this point and a safer bet..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

do not forget...whatever numbers tavares has, he got playing on the worst team in the league. i would not mind seeing him in black and gold.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

here's the difference....with lots of playing time on a terrible team- tavares has progressed into a good player. seguin has not been given the pt-given there is no need to hurry along his development-he's young. how can anyone speak of "for sures"- really ?do you have a crystal ball? how do you determine if seguin has more potential? less potential?  he's a first round pick-that has been rightfully eased into the nhl- with the talent he has around him its the correct move. this reminds of that old game show "lets make a deal"- i'll trade you what's behind door number one for whats behind door number two-

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i wouldn't mind him playing for the b's either...but not for seguin, way too quick to judge a 19 year old kid in his 1st year of nhl play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]78 Assists one year in junior....I'd say he is a playmaker...Had 40 goals but DOUBLE the assists... n Response to Re: John Tavares :
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

wow one season? You picked the anamoly to back up your argument.. thanks..

Tavares I will say again, has nearly as many career goals as assist, he also potted a 72g season in juniors. He is considered a sniper, and it wouldnt matter if he had 100 more assist then goals every season, its the mentality, is he looking to pass first or to shoot, he is looking to shoot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Because Stamkos is leading the league in golas and is on a playoff team. That is not even close to the situation Tavares is in. Thats why! In Response to Re: John Tavares :

Ahh but its just as absurd as your proposal.