Johnny Rocket Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Johnny Rocket Update

Sportsnet in Canada states "Good news on Johnny B he will be ok for playoffs". This stated Wed at 12:45 from a source close to team reported by Darren Mallard.

Go B's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Johnny Rocket Update

Great news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

phew!!! i would like to hear it from someone a little more "official" than jman4 though. sorry brother, nothing against you. going to do some research....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Great news if real. I saw his leg buckle and his inability to get up and thought it was over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Johnny Rocket Update:
    [QUOTE]Great news if real. I saw his leg buckle and his inability to get up and thought it was over.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

It might be over yet.  I won't believe it until I read it and then I might not believe it.  

link?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Link would be appreciated. Can't seem to find it myself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Wow, this would be fantastic. Far more important than the two points last night. Man we need 55 on the ice in the playoffs. The dude is a horse. Love Johnny B's game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Link would be appreciated. Can't seem to find it myself.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Don't have a link to this report but the Boston Globe reports that Boychuk left the Gaaaahden limping, but under his own power (no crutches or etc.) after the game. 

Asham skated the Bs trainer over to Boychuk - clearly no intent to injure.

Fingers crossed for 55.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnny Rocket Update : Don't have a link to this report but the Boston Globe reports that Boychuk left the Gaaaahden limping, but under his own power (no crutches or etc.) after the game.  Asham skated the Bs trainer over to Boychuk - clearly no intent to injure. Fingers crossed for 55.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hus. I noticed that about Asham too. Plus you could see the concern on his face when he was watching the replay. Just bad luck on Boychuk's part. I would actually like to see Asham on the B's 4rth line some day. He comes cheap, can throw em, and can score the odd big goal now and again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I'd take Asham on my team - honest, hardworking guy, who players respect.  One of those guys you hate when he's a Flyer but then when he becomes ... I'm thinking Ken Linesman but not Scott Hartnell. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

And, pound for pound, one of the best fighters in the league too. He had a terrific playoff last year as well  for Pittsburgh, led them in scoring. Not bad for close to minimum wage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Asham-Campbell-Thornton?  That's the type of "energy" line the Rangers have assembled, with Rupp and Prust and whomever.  I think Paille's finished - healthy scratches (justifiable) recently and an aggressive but stupid charging penalty last night.  Both Campbell and Asham can kill penalties.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Might be a case of Paille trying too hard to be noticed to avoid future scratches. I believe that was Corvo's problem too. Who knows for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'd take Asham on my team - honest, hardworking guy, who players respect.  One of those guys you hate when he's a Flyer but then when he becomes ... I'm thinking Ken Linesman but not Scott Hartnell. 
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

I met Asham when he was in and out of the lineup with the Habs very early in his career.  Imagine,  Habs are looking for this exact player for years and back then they never gave him a chance. 
    Good kid and what he did lat night showed class.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]And, pound for pound, one of the best fighters in the league too. He had a terrific playoff last year as well  for Pittsburgh, led them in scoring. Not bad for close to minimum wage.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

agreed but I remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx85NQC8g24

thats fire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnny Rocket Update : agreed but I remember this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx85NQC8g24 thats fire.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Horton looks pretty angry there, just overwhelms Asham. Make me miss Nathan. Remember, though Asham is only 5foot11. Bit of an advantage there for the future Bruin. He did bite off more he could chew there that's for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Wow, what a fight !!!! I miss Horton so much.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Johnny Rocket Update:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnny Rocket Update : Horton looks pretty angry there, just overwhelms Asham. Make me miss Nathan. Remember, though Asham is only 5foot11. Bit of an advantage there for the future Bruin. He did bite off more he could chew there that's for sure. Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Another thing about Horton as well is when he lets his mitts fly he's able to keep his balance in his fights not seen allot with fairly wild swings. He does a real old school tactic which is when he lets fly he pulls his opponents jersey in towards him to keep his balance. Most hang on for deal life then lose their balance when they miss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnny Rocket Update : Another thing about Horton as well is when he lets his mitts fly he's able to keep his balance in his fights not seen allot with fairly wild swings. He does a real old school tactic which is when he lets fly he pulls his opponents jersey in towards him to keep his balance. Most hang on for deal life then lose their balance when they miss.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Just watched that fight again and you are right. He is one big guy (pushing 230 pounds) and hard to take down if he keeps his balance. Asham did not really have a chance in that one with Horton's "angry bear" tactic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

There was no link it support statement. I was watching the show with Mallard, and Mclean when he made the statement about good news about Johnny around 12:45 today. I hope his source is valid.

Go B's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

if johnny was walking around under his own power after the game, he'll be fine.  i'm guessing b's are just waiting on a second opinion to see if the first missed something. 

i only want to see corvo in two places come playoff time... in the press box and on the ice parading the cup when it's over.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

not bad the news.

Boston Bruins@NHLBruins

Julien said Boychuk has a mild knee sprain, day-to-day.^BISH

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Looks like report of yesterday is correct, great news for us.

Go B's