Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jordan Caron

Six games into his third stint in the NHL.

What is your opinion of his contributions so far this time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Jordan Caron

Minimal...physical but that's about it. Also, CJ obviously does not trust him considering he gets less minutes a game than Thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thought he was "the answer" after 6 minutes and an assist?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I thought he was "the answer" after 6 minutes and an assist?

The answer to what? His job is to come in and play better than Bourque was. Mission accomplished.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Close your eyes and tell me what you see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The alternative is Chris Bourque, Pandolfo or Tardif and so far Caron's away-from-puck-play is much better than his last stint. Now to the tale of tape of Caron's predecessor...

Minus- 4, Constantly knocked off the puck during one on one battles, never came out of the corners with the puck and muffed countless PP advantages. I'm glad Bourque is back in the AHL because the Baby Bs are better with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The alternative is Chris Bourque, Pandolfo or Tardif and so far Caron's away-from-puck-play is much better than his last stint. Now to the tale of tape of Caron's predecessor...

Minus- 4, Constantly knocked off the puck during one on one battles, never came out of the corners with the puck and muffed countless PP advantages. I'm glad Bourque is back in the AHL because the Baby Bs are better with him.

Forget +/- San. Bourque skates really quickly. He was constantly out of position but he'd get there fast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kemcc. Show kemcc's posts

Yesterdays

Ok for now but depth better come soon via trade

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kemcc's comment:

Yesterdays

Ok for now but depth better come soon via trade

Agree 100%

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This isn't about Bourque.  It's about Caron.  It's not about "who else", it's about Caron.

How do you think he's played in the six games he's been up this time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The answer to what? His job is to come in and play better than Bourque was. Mission accomplished.

His job is to be a good third line (at least) NHL player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Forget +/- San. Bourque skates really quickly. He was constantly out of position but he'd get there fast.

I'm actually really shocked at Bourque's performance because I really, truly thought his game would translate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So so, playing like a 4th liner, is it just me or does he seem slower.Maybe he was always a step behinf?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Actually i think Thornton did more with the puck today, actually tried to put the puck on the net, i don't know if Jordy did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He's done that as evidenced by the fact he's never on the ice when the other team scores. The 3rd line had a real issues in that regard before Caron's arrival. Now they don't. I think he's played well in his limited minutes. Feel free to let me know of any mistakes he's made. Also, saying Caron's job doesn't involve playing better than his alternative makes little sense. CJ put him in the lineup in the hopes that he'd be better than Bourque. That was what was implied when he swapped them out wasn't it?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

i just don't see it in this guy.. I think Paille should be moved to 3rd line , has more offensive upside Than JC .  I do think he is defensively responsible so having him play with GC and ST would not hurt the team ...until PC brings in better talent why not?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Played a little better today in the 3rd , yesterday I hardly saw him .  Caron will not improve a line,he's a supporting player and will only play upto the talent on the line with him.  Right now with the semi-retired Pandolfo and a struggling Peverley Caron will be invisible.

What I don't like from Caron, he's big but doesn't hit on the forecheck, that's the least a 3rd line is supposed to do.

With Krejci hurt I really don't see how they can keep Spooner in Providence. Had a good night i yesterdays win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

[QUOTE]

i just don't see it in this guy.. I think Paille should be moved to 3rd line , has more offensive upside Than JC .  I do think he is defensively responsible so having him play with GC and ST would not hurt the team ...until PC brings in better talent why not?

Sums it up for me, give Paille a chance, at least he has wheels and is defensively responsible. He may not have the offensive gift as they say but he does take shots and pots the odd one. Also has the odd breakaway which i don't see Jordy getting. Jordy on the 4th line won't hamper it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's on a line with Pandolfo and a struggling Peverley who now with the injury to Kelly has to go back to center. Now, if Krejci is out for anytime I'm guessing peverley may center the second line. Enter, a new linemate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Played a little better today in the 3rd , yesterday I hardly saw him .  Caron will not improve a line,he's a supporting player and will only play upto the talent on the line with him.  Right now with the semi-retired Pandolfo and a struggling Peverley Caron will be invisible.

What I don't like from Caron, he's big but doesn't hit on the forecheck, that's the least a 3rd line is supposed to do.

With Krejci hurt I really don't see how they can keep Spooner in Providence. Had a good night i yesterdays win.

Well that doesn't give us much to look forward too. If PC picks up some talent for the 3rd line my guess is Caron won't be on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Legion , I don't follow  Providence closely enough , but what is holding this guy from getting called up?  I keep hearing this guy is ready, was one of the last cuts in camp? Yet Bruins not willing to take a chance?  From what i read on this guy he has an ingredient that the B's are lacking...offence ..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I think he's doing what was expected of him.  He patrols his wing, seems defensively responsible, more physical than the smaller Bourque.  Any offense from him would be a bonus.  So far almost nothing to speak of in that department.  Wasn't expecting him to be an impactful player.  More of a complimentary working piece along with the rest of the team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"his job" according to you.  

For me it was a 3rd liner that doesn't make me throw epithets at the tv.  

For me it was a serviceable nhl 3rd liner.

He's done those 2 things.

Otherwise he's not making mistakes.

That's not to be overlooked, contributing is what you really really want, but not hurting is an excellent thing.

It's difficult to talk about Caron without talking about Bourque because you have to compare him to someone similar and Bourque is it.  He is better than Bourque.

People were saying Bourque needed time, but his performance was up and down and more time wasn't the answer.

With Caron, more time might be the answer as his performance is stable and seems to have potential.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And for me, he still *LOOKS* like he's the answer.