Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jordan Caron

Here's the problem with comparing him to Bourque:

Bourque failed to get the job done.  If you're better than someone who failed to get the job done, it doesn't mean you are getting the job done. 

If the position requires a 75 and Bourque checked in at 45, saying that Caron is a success for being at 55 doesn't make Caron a success.

*Numbers are 100% arbitrary and used for illustrative purposes only.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Since Caron has been on the 3rd line goals are not being scored against that line and again Caron is replacing Bourque so there most certainly has to be a comparison. Using the stats proves that bad element to the 3rd line is gone, real simple to see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here's the problem with comparing him to Bourque:

Bourque failed to get the job done.  If you're better than someone who failed to get the job done, it doesn't mean you are getting the job done. 

If the position requires a 75 and Bourque checked in at 45, saying that Caron is a success for being at 55 doesn't make Caron a success.

*Numbers are 100% arbitrary and used for illustrative purposes only.

The number to concern ourselves with is goals for and against. Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes. I'm sure he'll be sat down the minute PC and CJ find somebody better to take his place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo, had the time, training, and postion to enhance his status on the team.  Fail.  Caron dito!  Although give the younger man more games to make us wrong.  

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The alternative is Chris Bourque, Pandolfo or Tardif and so far Caron's away-from-puck-play is much better than his last stint. Now to the tale of tape of Caron's predecessor...

Minus- 4, Constantly knocked off the puck during one on one battles, never came out of the corners with the puck and muffed countless PP advantages. I'm glad Bourque is back in the AHL because the Baby Bs are better with him.

Forget +/- San. Bourque skates really quickly. He was constantly out of position but he'd get there fast.

I'm actually really shocked at Bourque's performance because I really, truly thought his game would translate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bust. Career AHLer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Since Caron has been on the 3rd line goals are not being scored against that line and again Caron is replacing Bourque so there most certainly has to be a comparison. Using the stats proves that bad element to the 3rd line is gone, real simple to see.

No need to compare him to Bourque.  He's playing better.  All can see that.

Now, to the root of the question:  How do you feel Caron is playing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I saw a lot to like, but it was all little things, so it doesn't add up to much.  That line didn't generate much that would give a guy like Caron a chance to make a noticeable play.  I saw a number of good plays that could have generated something, but then Pandolpho got involved.  Today was the day I lost any faith I may have once had in Jay Pandolpho.  Couple of times today, Caron got in and made a play on the forecheck, moved the puck over to Pandolpho's side, and JP either fell down or was easily beaten for the puck. 

Caron took a couple of shots on average looks and either missed the net or had it blocked.  I think he's the only guy on that line who did look to get shots off.  He looks quicker than he did last year.

I'll go a step beyond the "he plays to the level of the line".  I think he's a useful player, but he's not going to elevate the players around him.  Riding him for having one point in six games on less than 10min ice per game is a little close to expecting him to make Pandolpho something he's not and to get Peverley out of his dark cloud.

If Krejci's out against the Jets, I wouldn't mind seeing Seguin between Lucic and Horton and let Caron ride with Bergeron for a game.  Sort of the same test applied to Bourque adn putting him on the PP just before he was waived.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Book you don't need an ego trip but the black bold below is spot on.  Cheers.  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I saw a lot to like, but it was all little things, so it doesn't add up to much.  That line didn't generate much that would give a guy like Caron a chance to make a noticeable play.  I saw a number of good plays that could have generated something, but then Pandolpho got involved.  Today was the day I lost any faith I may have once had in Jay Pandolpho.  Couple of times today, Caron got in and made a play on the forecheck, moved the puck over to Pandolpho's side, and JP either fell down or was easily beaten for the puck. 

Caron took a couple of shots on average looks and either missed the net or had it blocked.  I think he's the only guy on that line who did look to get shots off.  He looks quicker than he did last year.

I'll go a step beyond the "he plays to the level of the line".  I think he's a useful player, but he's not going to elevate the players around him.  Riding him for having one point in six games on less than 10min ice per game is a little close to expecting him to make Pandolpho something he's not and to get Peverley out of his dark cloud.

If Krejci's out against the Jets, I wouldn't mind seeing Seguin between Lucic and Horton and let Caron ride with Bergeron for a game.  Sort of the same test applied to Bourque adn putting him on the PP just before he was waived.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

A little disappointed after the good first game. Playing with Pandolfo is not helping.I still see him though as a solid third liner.It would have been nice to see Spooner play with them but with Krejci out would it be too far fetched to hope Sauve (who scored again today) play with Caron and Peverley . They could send down Macdermid and scratch Pandolfo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The number to concern ourselves with is goals for and against. Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes. I'm sure he'll be sat down the minute PC and CJ find somebody better to take his place.

What insightful hockey analysis from a hockey savant...must have asked his 10 year old nephew for this. Let's see, Caron makes no mistakes and plays "perfect" positional hockey??? LOL, and this 'know-it-all' says I don't watch the games.

For the perfect player why is it that his line is skipped on numerous shifts when the game is on the line??

Yep, and lets not forget that CJ and PC always have a habit of looking to replace their perfect hockey players.

Now watch the rest of this snob's cronies come running to his defense...just don't forget to drink your koolaid first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

What insightful hockey analysis from a hockey savant...must have asked his 10 year old nephew for this. Let's see, Caron makes no mistakes and plays "perfect" positional hockey??? LOL, and this 'know-it-all' says I don't watch the games.

For the perfect player why is it that his line is skipped on numerous shifts when the game is on the line??

Yep, and lets not forget that CJ and PC always have a habit of looking to replace their perfect hockey players.

Now watch the rest of this snob's cronies come running to his defense...just don't forget to drink your koolaid first.

Solid stuff. It's like it sat outside for a week and had time to harden. Get back to me in a month and I'll show you how little you know about baseball too. Mike Trout anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Legion , I don't follow  Providence closely enough , but what is holding this guy from getting called up?  I keep hearing this guy is ready, was one of the last cuts in camp? Yet Bruins not willing to take a chance?  From what i read on this guy he has an ingredient that the B's are lacking...offence ..

Neither do I.  I can't really comment on Spooner's play in Prov. although I have friends in Rhode Island and they seem to say good things about him.  I do follow the box scores and his name is on it often and consistent getting points. Last night scored and assisted .

If Krejci is hurt, Pandolfo just can't play , I really really hope Spooner gets the call.

Now if Spooner does come don't expect him to be the Bruins savior offensively.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

SoxDog does have a point.  If "Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes", why exactly would he "be sat down the minute PC and CJ find somebody better to take his place"?

Why would they even bother looking for a replacement?

In a close game like the one today, why would a perfect positional player who makes no mistakes get less than 10 minutes of ice time?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where's the goddamn delete button?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He's not playing well enough to help improve the Bruins to compete past the 1st round of the playoffs as of today. Odd though he does look better in the NHL than the games I've seen him play in AHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's not playing well enough to help improve the Bruins to compete past the 1st round of the playoffs as of today. Odd though he does look better in the NHL than the games I've seen him play in AHL.

I'm not on a Caron to the AHL campaign or a Caron to the Cup campaign.  I'm on a "I hope he does well" campaign.  So far, he's been almost invisible out there.  I'm a Bruins fan.  Of course I want him to do well.  The purpose of this thread was to see what others thought.

I even phrased the opening question as objectively as I could.  A negatively phrased question would have been more like, "After failing for two straight seasons to keep his NHL job, how do you feel about Caron this go round?"

But, thanks for this opinion, SD.  I haven't seen any Providence games this year (sadly), so your point of view carries a lot of weight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

ONce again the negatives are throwing out any mud that will stick to the walls. Caron was called up to replace Bourque on a line with Kelly and Peverly. He did that and gave them more strong corner work and solid defensive coverage, which is Claude's game plan. Now with Kelly out he continues to play his game, and listens to his coach who emphasizes defense and no mistakes. He is a strong set-up guy when he has others to set-up for, and to keep the puck in the opposing end. I would like to see his puck handling improve, that should continue if he gets more time on ice. With Claude's obvious restrictions Caron is playing to not make mistakes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Six games into his third stint in the NHL.

What is your opinion of his contributions so far this time?

Terrible! this kid should have taken up golf instead of hockey. he has no energy or no enthusiasm at all. you would think a young player like that would show a little swag and try taking a few chances to create some offense..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

SoxDog does have a point.  If "Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes", why exactly would he "be sat down the minute PC and CJ find somebody better to take his place"?

In a close game like the one today, why would a perfect positional player who makes no mistakes get less than 10 minutes of ice time?

Bit of a red herring though.  That line is the one that is the most affected by special teams and situational play as Peverley sees time on both special teams.  Because the PP in particular mixes up the top three lines, Julien usually gives the 4th a shift right off the PP to reset his shifts.  Then it goes back to the rotation where the top line and the Begeron line get the lion's share.  Neither Caron nor Pandolfo get special teams time so their numbers are lowered.  Thornton still gets less ice than they do and he's in the same situation - he only plays when they can roll the lines (or right after a PP).

Zach Hamill also didn't make many mistakes when he was up for his last shot.  He also didn't produce.  It's the latter than has them continue to look even though Caron hasn't been a defensive liability.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He was given extra shifts with with Campbell and Paille in the final 10 minutes yesterday. BTW, why would CJ go to a player that plays perect defensively when he needs a goal? Keep on trying. You're really flailing when you're jumping on board with Soxy. What a shocker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think he's struggling due to Kelly's injury right now. He, Kelly, and Peverly, looked awesome in the first game. Hustling in all 3 zones, getting into the corners, etc.

Kelly goes down...Peverly goes to Center, Caron goes to his off wing, and they get stuck with (and I like Pandolfo) arguably the worst offensive player in the NHL, and people are saying Caron isn't getting the job done? Utter nonsense. He's had to make huge adjustments almost every night and it's been an uphill climb to say the least. He's not fast, but if Kelly was healthy that line would be a part of the solution not the problem. I'm surprised CJ isn't cutting him more slack.

Caron is and will be a solid NHLer. Not a star, but a very useful part.

Right now, to quote Curly, he's been a "victim of coicumstance"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

He was given extra shifts with with Campbell and Paille in the final 10 minutes yesterday. BTW, why would CJ go to a player that plays perect defensively when he needs a goal? Keep on trying. You're really flailing when you're jumping on board with Soxy. What a shocker.

Once again dezi playing both sides of the street...Caron given 'extra' shifts in the final 10 minutes, while at the same time why would CJ go to him when they need a goal?? Yikes! What game is this guy watching also?

Just the fact that he even tries to defend Caron...I love this 'perfect defensively' comment best...somebody is definitely spending too much time with his nephew.

I loved your Trout comment too...you keep fishing into the ancient archives pal, I'm OK with that.

With this said, let me just step forward and mention that these back and forth insult driven comments are not necessary, and I am more than willing to put this crap aside and stick to just plain hockey discussions if you drop the elitist attitude and do the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

The problem with the "he doesn't necessarily hurt you, but doesn't really help you" argument (which is my position on him) in regards to Caron is.. well.. that argument in general. Yes, he is a third line forward and the expectations should start there. But I'd much rather have better and its incumbent that the Bruins do if they have hopes of winning the Cup. Not only do they need better than Caron, I feel they need better than Peverley AND Kelly at that spot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Once again dezi playing both sides of the street...Caron given 'extra' shifts in the final 10 minutes, while at the same time why would CJ go to him when they need a goal?? Yikes! What game is this guy watching also?

Just the fact that he even tries to defend Caron...I love this 'perfect defensively' comment best...somebody is definitely spending too much time with his nephew.

I loved your Trout comment too...you keep fishing into the ancient archives pal, I'm OK with that.

With this said, let me just step forward and mention that these back and forth insult driven comments are not necessary, and I am more than willing to put this crap aside and stick to just plain hockey discussions if you drop the elitist attitude and do the same.

Feel free to provide an example of a mistake made by Caron so far this year. BTW, CJ doesn't go to the 4th line in the final 10 minutes looking for a goal. He wants energy and a goal would just be a bonus. Caron got extra ice ahead of Thornton because he's far more reliable defensively. That's not playing both sides. That's just a fact.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The bolded sentences are contradictory.

The ilalicized sentence is your typical attempt to draw attention away from the topic and discredit the post.