Julien -- "Seguin needs to play with confidence"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Re: Julien -- "Seguin needs to play with confidence"

In Response to Re: Julien -- "Seguin needs to play with confidence":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien -- "Seguin needs to play with confidence" : Are Paille and Thornton better than Seguin?Do larger letters make your thoughts  more meaningful?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Paille and Thonrton play different roles ! Your  train of thought explains how little you know about the game !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I'm curious how anyone could doubt Seguin's potential to be better than Kessel.  He's out-produced Kessel's rookie year and looks significantly less lost than Kessel did as a rook, he's thrown more hits since January than Kessel ever did as a Bruin (3), he's as fast or faster than Kessel, he shoots as well as Kessel or better, he's shown a better variety of jukes and dangles than Kessel, and he seems to be smarter and more emotionally stable than Kessel.  I say that without making any comment at all on Kessel, who is what he is.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I don't often agree with you Bookboy, but when you're right...you're right.

People on this board have a short  and selective memorywhen it comes to evaluating up and coming talent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien -- "Seguin needs to play with confidence" : I don't often agree with you Bookboy, but when you're right...you're right. People on this board have a short  and selective memorywhen it comes to evaluating up and coming talent.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    And some,like yourself,know nothing at all.......the fact you rarely agree with BB speaks volumes since he's one of the forum's most knowledgeable posters.I'll have to keep my eyes open for your posts so I  can learn some things.I'm so tired of being ignorant as to all things hockey related.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

"Tyler I need you to be patient out there. I need you to remember everyminiscule detail of my 279 point plan for you to execute tonight. Just do it and be patient.

Oh yeah, but if you do any one thing wrong or I just decide I dont want to look at you on the ice anymore. YOUR a$$$ IS RIDING THE PINE ROOKIE!!!!!

Now stay calm out there"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]"Tyler I need you to be patient out there. I need you to remember everyminiscule detail of my 279 point plan for you to execute tonight. Just do it and be patient. Oh yeah, but if you do any one thing wrong or I just decide I dont want to look at you on the ice anymore. YOUR a$$$ IS RIDING THE PINE ROOKIE!!!!! Now stay calm out there"
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I really don't think this is all that far removed from reality, even tho it meant to be over the top.

One thing BB didn't mention is that the pressure on Seguin is the most on a rookie since Jumbo Joe, and the coaching staff handled him with kid gloves despite the benchings he got.  Tyler has had his feet held to the fire and has been put under considerable pressure, certainly inifinitely more than Kessel, who only had minimal pressure, expecations weren't that high, he got the college time before going NHL, the Bruins were not that good in his rookie year so everyone was making mistakes not him.

And - how how Seguin responded to this?  By scoring one of the sweetest goals of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I'm curious how anyone could doubt Seguin's potential to be better than Kessel.  He's out-produced Kessel's rookie year and looks significantly less lost than Kessel did as a rook, he's thrown more hits since January than Kessel ever did as a Bruin (3), he's as fast or faster than Kessel, he shoots as well as Kessel or better, he's shown a better variety of jukes and dangles than Kessel, and he seems to be smarter and more emotionally stable than Kessel.  I say that without making any comment at all on Kessel, who is what he is.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I'm not questioning Seguin's potential.  He was, after all a 2nd overall pick. And, I don't really get into the Kessel debate on this forum anymore, it's been discussed to death and opinions aren't going to change from what I've read, regardless of whether you love the guy or hate the guy.  I still see a lot of threads on Jumbo Joe, so I guess you guys wil continue to debate this to death.

Just a bit curious on the math.
    He's out-produced Kessel's rookie year?  He may very well do that with the remaining games, but I was a bit curious so I looked at the stats and Keseel had 11 goals and 18 assists (29 points in 70 games) and Seguin has 11 goals and 11 assists (22 points in 63 games).

If ppg holds up, Kessel had .41, Seguin currently has .34.

From what I've seen of both players (arguably I seen a lot more of Kessel since I've watch all the Leaf games and only about 15 Bruin games); I would say that Seguin is a better 2-way player, he is as fast as Kessel (both players have great speed), both players have excellent shots (I think Kessel's snapshot is one of the best in the league, though, Seguin is not far behind).

I see a lot of comments on this forum regarding Kessel's emotional stability and hockey smarts.  Where do you guys draw that observation from?  Seems pretty stable to me and has made a lot of good plays both individually and passes to teammates.  In fact, his playmaking skills are very under-rated.  We don't have the talent pool that Boston has, but he's set up some really nice goals this year.

My sense is that Seguin will become (may be already) a better 2-way player then Kessel is today.  He may become as good a scorer as Kessel, that remains to be seen.  Kessel's biggest problem still is his inconsistency.  He appears to be a streaky player, when he's on, he's deadly, when he's off he's not relevent.

Just wondering.....I tend to read most of your posts, BB, as you appear to be very knowledgeable of the game and definitely a die-hard Bruin fan.

Cheers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I just don't see how Seguin playing 7-8 minutes a night builds said confidence. I'm not saying CJ system is wrong, or bad, but how does the next super-star in waiting become that, if he isn't playing a lot every night. As an organization, should they not have said, send him back to Junior? At the very least, they should have sent him to the WJC? And last but not least, if the A is available, send him there. Time on the ice will do far more than bench or press box time. 

The skill is there. And come playoff time, they are going to need it big time. Who cares what place we get in the standings. It would be far better to drop down and give him the time than go for 3rd place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Julien -- "Seguin needs to play with confidence" : Do you get rewarded for making mistakes at your job, NO. So why is it any different.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

Because almost all of his teamates make mistakes and don't get benched for them. 

It's high level hockey.  You have to feel like you can take some chances out there and not get benched for every single mistake.  Otherwise you start playing really timid.

If you're allowed just a little leniance, you can take more chances, that could pay off big and gain more confidence and improve as a player. 

Julien has given him almost no chance at this.  And now he's wondering why the kid doesn't play with enough confidence.  It's kind of ridiculous.  The aloofness being displayed here by the coach is a bit troubling

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He needs to play to get better. You need to live with the rookie mistakes. I'd say the pros outweigh the cons here. Paille might be better defensivley right now but the guy cannot handle the puck. When was the last time he even generated a scoring oppurtunity? he can't even accept a pass. i think there are enough defensivly responsible forwards on this team where they can hide his defensive deficincies.  Had he been playing all along he'd have about 20 goals now and would be much better in his half of the ice. And by now, and this baffles me, if he is only going to get 8-10 minutes a game then make sure at least 6 of them are on the PP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

I have been disappointed with Seguins stickhandling (not very good), board play (wasn't taught a lick in juniors), passing (average with no sixth sense) but have been please with the way he skates (faster than i thought) and shooting (fast, hard and accurate).

I don't think he will be a very good Centre in the nhl but instead possible to be a decent scoring winger in the mold of, Pavelski, Kesler, Sharp (all center/wingers type)

Well lets hope he becomes as decent as Kesler and Sharp

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Hillarious, every day that passes convinces me more that CJ is terrible.

This guy has no clue how to have a team play offensively, he doesn't know what to do with an offensive threat like Seguin, and he hamstrings anyone with offensive ability.  Krejci would probably be an 80 point guy out of Clods system.  Only guys he can coach are muckers.  He should head back to AHL to coach, that's right in his wheel house, only if you didn't have to develop farm guys in the A.