Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans

I just don't get it.  Trying to teach my kids about sportsmanship and the fans cheer Chara getting hit in the face with a puck.  Well at least I can teach him what we don't do.....idiots

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans

In Response to Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans:
    [QUOTE]I just don't get it.  Trying to teach my kids about sportsmanship and the fans cheer Chara getting hit in the face with a puck.  Well at least I can teach him what we don't do.....idiots
    Posted by heebiehoo[/QUOTE]

I'd like to agree but let your kids know that if we were in Boston and Subban got hit the same way -- the roof would come off the place. I despise the Habs as much as anyone but fans are wacked out where ever you go. Chara is public enemy #1 -- did you really expect sympathy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Where did you get the feeling I was looking for sympathy?  I'm into teaching my kids about right and wrong, and how to act intelligently.  If you were sitting next to me and my kid and start cheering that Subban got hit, I'd send you back to Montreal.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans : I'd like to agree but let your kids know that if we were in Boston and Subban got hit the same way -- the roof would come off the place. I despise the Habs as much as anyone but fans are wacked out where ever you go. Chara is public enemy #1 -- did you really expect sympathy?
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Bingo. It's incredibly lame, but people acting shocked and appalled is hilarious, as if the situation you describe wouldn't play out exactly how you said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

not to be an azz but does anyone on this board actually think that Chara is going to get any sympathy from Montreal? Look, I'll be the first one to say it 

Call 9 1 1

They hate him -  right or wrong

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

... Just enjoy watching the Habs sink in their own crap.  They're stuck with useless dolts like Kaberle, Rene Bourque, Scott Gomez, and little Brian Gionta for the next 3+ years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just another reason to dislike the Habs and their fans : Bingo. It's incredibly lame, but people acting shocked and appalled is hilarious, as if the situation you describe wouldn't play out exactly how you said.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Right, because "everyone does it" is a superb adult response.

Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]Where did you get the feeling I was looking for sympathy?  I'm into teaching my kids about right and wrong, and how to act intelligently.  If you were sitting next to me and my kid and start cheering that Subban got hit, I'd send you back to Montreal.  
    Posted by heebiehoo[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend -- I'm not from Montreal but you could attempt to send me back to Jersey although that may set a bad example for your kids. I've been watching this game for over 50 years and have 2 Kids -- age 28 and 30. We have visited over 20 arenas across the country for the love of this great game. They know right from wrong -- act intelligent -- but were also taught the reality of life in general. And how many others would you send back to Montreal -- those sitting behind you -- the entire row -- or the 10,000+ fans loving the fact that someone like Subban got smoked? I agree -- it's not right but its the nature of the beast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Well I guess we are figuring out part of the problem with sports fans today.  People like you turning a blind eye because it's easier.  Pretty lame.  I never said I was looking for the easy way to teach my kids, just the right way.  I don't hope to send everyone back to Montreal/Jersey I would just to explain to my kids what they are doing (cheering an injury) is wrong, and what you are doing/not doing (sitting there silently, gleefuly, ashamedly, cheerfully-however you are 'teaching' your kids) is just as despicable.  It's called standing up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Please edit my last post....'despicable' may be too strong a term, but on some level, it is just as wrong to sit there and let someone cheer for an injury as it is to actually cheer the injury.  Thx

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well fans are fans no matter what they cheer and dont cheer is irrelevant to the game. Im not sure which player it was on MTL that skated past chara stopped turned around and put a hand on his shoulder asking is he ok. That MTL player just earned my respect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Wally, you are right, kudos to Plekanec, or whoever it was.  That was classy to check on Chara, just wish the fans saw it the same way.  You are also right that fans will be fans, I would just hope that 'reasonable' people (fans) could help correct some of the idiocy out there.  It just takes a little effort, which most of us seem to shy away from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Every building in the NHL has it's share of classless morons who would cheer when a hated rival gets injured. Some teams just have a higher percentage of them than others. Montreal probably has more of them than most but I don't think there is a HUGE difference from one team to the next, but there is a difference.

There is a trend regarding tis stuff but that's probably a whole new thread for another time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Zamboni24, you're 100% right. If Subban got clocked by a puck in Boston, the roof would come off the place. I agree. Having said that, I give Plekanec credit. He was classy enough to come over and check on Big Z. As for the Montreal fans, I hope they all drove off a cliff on their way home last night.