Just water cooler talk !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Just water cooler talk !

The panthers are looking to dump players on the list Fleisch., Versteeg, Upshall, Goc, Boyes, and long shot Jovanoski .

The Oilers are serious about trading Hemsky also.

The Kings are looking to shed cap space

The Jets are looking for top  scoring

Calgary are looking to deal Stempniak and Cammaleri

Everyone is saying that it is time to say later to thornton. What can the bruins get for thonton caron plus prospect maybe to start talks for Upshall or Fleisch

Looch Krejci Iggy

Fleischmann or Upshall Bergy Erik

Marchand Kelly Soderberg

Paille Campbell Smith

Chara Boys

Sieds Hamilton

Krug Mcquaid

bart

Rask and Johnson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Just water cooler talk !

Jovo is on a 35+ contract, old and injured.  He's useful to reach the cap floor in Florida.  And maybe as a popcorn vender.

Upshall sucks.  I'm not really sure why you think he's a second line player.

In order to get Fleischmann, a top offensive player on the team, the B's would have to trade more than an expired goon, a first round failure and a minor leaguer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jovo is on a 35+ contract, old and injured.  He's useful to reach the cap floor in Florida.  And maybe as a popcorn vender.

Upshall sucks.  I'm not really sure why you think he's a second line player.

In order to get Fleischmann, a top offensive player on the team, the B's would have to trade more than an expired goon, a first round failure and a minor leaguer.

[/QUOTE]

Should the Panthers make Fleischman available at the deadline, I suspect the line of suitors would be long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Upshall is a bum- I'd rather they brought Magic Hands up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Upshall is a bum- I'd rather they brought Magic Hands up. 

[/QUOTE]

Sweet hands?  Or did I miss something?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gossip and innuendo!!

Making trades for the sake of making trades is why the Flyers su-k like the mother of all Shop-Vacs.  If you could have harnessed it, you could have vacuumed New Orleans post-Katrina and the place would have been desert dry in a few days.

Here's what I think is the bigger question.  In the last few years, the Bruins have added a number of players who have taken a very long time to acclimate to the way this team plays.  Acclimate, in this case, means find a way to bring their whole game to the table in Julien's system.  Not easy to do if you're, say, Jagr and used to having considerable flexibility to freelance.  Kelly and Peverley struggled mightily after being acquired only to turn it around for the playoffs.  Kaberle not so much.  Jagr not so much.  Rolston may have been the most successful in-season acquisition in terms of individual contributions, but then I believe he had played for Julien in the past.  No, wait - Recchi was the best with his 10 goals in what, 14 games?  This year, Iginla was slow to get going and I would argue that he's still not where you want him to be. Ditto Eriksson, and both of them started the year with the team.  Hamilton hasn't looked comfortable until the last few weeks.  Seidenberg didn't look like the team's second best defenseman on arrival.  Joe Corvo was a disaster (dumb as a sack of hammers, that guy).

In other words, trades are almost never plug and play.  That was, in part, the lesson of Kevin Stevens (the other part: cocaine's a he-- of a drug...).  Different  system, different teammates, different responsibilities, different culture, different pressures, living in a different city....  Yeah, they're pros and should su-- it up and perform, but that doesn't always work for even the best players.  Think Larry Murphy in Toronto.    The point is, all of this e-harmony stuff never takes that into account - it's all fantasy and the expectation that none of that stuff matters - unless it suggests the player will actually be better in Boston because the Bruins are a better/moretalented team.

Trades can help, but they aren't bandaids.  This team has made most of its better trades with the expectation of a long term interest in the player, not with the idea that you'll plug him in as a replacement for the third leading scorer on the team, push Smith down, and voila you get better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks Chiarelli brings up Spooner and/or Fraser before he makes a move. At least PC knows which GMs are sending out whom is available coming up on 20 games into the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your MacTavish how long do you give it? I realize it's early but right now their in position to be sitting at the table on lottery day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If your MacTavish how long do you give it? I realize it's early but right now their in position to be sitting at the table on lottery day.

[/QUOTE]

This doesn't seem to help the Oiler brass, as they have no plan when they get to the table. The Oiler brass being Lowe, MacTavish, Messier. Katz needs to bring in someone with a fresh approach that isn't tied to Oiler history, kinda like when Jacobs brought in PC who had no ties to the B's.A different perspective helps sometimes. Stanley might take the job while he's waiting for PC to be fired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This doesn't seem to help the Oiler brass, as they have no plan when they get to the table. The Oiler brass being Lowe, MacTavish, Messier. Katz needs to bring in someone with a fresh approach that isn't tied to Oiler history, kinda like when Jacobs brought in PC who had no ties to the B's.A different perspective helps sometimes. Stanley might take the job while he's waiting for PC to be fired.

[/QUOTE]

If the B's lost to Florida, Dineen and his staff would still be employed and Stanley would be in ans the new Bruins general manager. Who would have thought that a Bruins-Panthers game in early November would have such implications?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    And how long do the oilers get away with it ? lol Not sure how many follow them but i have paid more attention to them than before because of the talent they have, someone has to go along with there coach, he is not nhl ready for sure.

If you look down the Bs lineup, what are there needs ? line 1 to line 3 ? None becuse you lso look at there depth, spooner, Johnson, Fraser, + and the D depth is slim so thats the only area i see the Bs get involved with anything. The 4th line everyones ragging on thornton and its true his role is diminishing but you have to remember that the 4th line is 1 mil a yr guys to keep the cap intact so you cant replace any of them woth anyone 2mil and up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One thing PC hasn't done in a while is the Providence deck shuffle.  Moving a Lindblad or Florek to another organization for a guy like McQuaid or Boychuk - a tough D prospect who seems to have stagnated in another system but who could be good in Boston or the Bruin system.  Maybe the Rangers are ready to give up on McIlrath?  Those minor league deals were a key part of aligning the system to the kind of game the Bruins wanted to pay, and since the deadline deals that brought in Kampfer and Wild and Warsofvsky they haven't made many of them.  I like that kind of thinking and planning.  It only needs to work a 2/10 to be significant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

PC set out to make the bruins bigger, faster and "smarter". He's been mostly successful, although Boychuck lags in the "smarter" column, but he is tough. We all love Chara, but the speed and size of opposing players, as well as the schemes of opposing coaches, are eroding Chara's edge somewhat, as well as "blowing by" Seidenberg. Claude's demand that forwards cover does help, but there are times when defense "jump-ins' leave a lot of openings for faster forwards. Claude has always been slow to make changes, but the Smith/Marchand swap is working well, and it is time for more like Fraser for Thornton; or, resting veteran D with Bartkowski, and in the future, Morrow. Obviously Claude has given up on Caron, but trading a 22 year old could come back to bite as Caron could be on a number of NHL 2nd or 3rd lines as we've seen them. This "embarrasment" of riches needs Claude to be more creative, even if it's only changing coaches who will bring in fresh ideas and concepts. Just some "water cooler" thoughts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PC set out to make the bruins bigger, faster and "smarter". He's been mostly successful, although Boychuck lags in the "smarter" column, but he is tough. We all love Chara, but the speed and size of opposing players, as well as the schemes of opposing coaches, are eroding Chara's edge somewhat, as well as "blowing by" Seidenberg. Claude's demand that forwards cover does help, but there are times when defense "jump-ins' leave a lot of openings for faster forwards. Claude has always been slow to make changes, but the Smith/Marchand swap is working well, and it is time for more like Fraser for Thornton; or, resting veteran D with Bartkowski, and in the future, Morrow. Obviously Claude has given up on Caron, but trading a 22 year old could come back to bite as Caron could be on a number of NHL 2nd or 3rd lines as we've seen them. This "embarrasment" of riches needs Claude to be more creative, even if it's only changing coaches who will bring in fresh ideas and concepts. Just some "water cooler" thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

I think we will see the likes of Bartkowski and Caron in some kind of package to bring in reinforcements at the deadline.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Oh no JM i dont think you see bartowski go anywhere, caron maybe but thats a 4th rd pick at best.

I think the Bs have seen a big change since the coming of Krug and Hamilton starting to be a better offensive D man so you dont rid of bart because he has the same values i think to make this team better on offense. If anyone on the D goes i can see it being seids to a team like the oilers who need not only a decent dman but a mentor to help that young team, and that being packaged with a caron and whatever else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE] One thing PC hasn't done in a while is the Providence deck shuffle.  Moving a Lindblad or Florek to another organization for a guy like McQuaid or Boychuk - a tough D prospect who seems to have stagnated in another system but who could be good in Boston or the Bruin system.  Maybe the Rangers are ready to give up on McIlrath?  Those minor league deals were a key part of aligning the system to the kind of game the Bruins wanted to pay, and since the deadline deals that brought in Kampfer and Wild and Warsofvsky they haven't made many of them.  I like that kind of thinking and planning.  It only needs to work a 2/10 to be significant.[/QUOTE]

Very true but I believe PC usually does these deals near the spring if I remember correctly. After Morrow and Trotman there isn't much as far as sniffing at the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looch Krejci Iggy

Fleischmann or Upshall Bergy Erik

Marchand Kelly Soderberg

Paille Campbell Smith

Chara Boys

Sieds Hamilton

Krug Mcquaid

bart

Rask and Johnson

[/QUOTE]

Smith has been playing pretty well... that's quite a demotion!!!

18. This post has been removed.