Kaberle Done Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Kaberle Done Deal

Google News "Tomas Kaberle".  NESN is reporting all that remains is Kaberle signing a deal.  Just posted 10 mins ago.  No details though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Kaberle Done Deal

Actually NESN is only sourcing Darren Dreger's report.  Link in a minute.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

And the referenced NESN account

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/report-tomas-kaberle-will-be-traded-to-boston-barring-complete-meltdown.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Just saw it on Twitter as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The report doesn't say anything about signing a deal. It actually says he doesn't need to sign a deal to get it done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If Boston needs to clear space, as the article suggests, then it seems Wheeler wouldn't be the target (since Wheeler + Kelly - Savard = Kaberle's 4.25 hit)...although the article then says Wheeler is a potential target. Hope it's not our first going to TO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

It won't be the TOR pick, but more likely the B's 1st (maybe).  If Wheeler is involved, I don't think it would be our 1st.  If it is, I think its' still fair.  You've got to give to get, but no way is the TOR pick involved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

great move imo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

CamO, agreed, no way the TOR pick is in play for Kaberle. I'd still rather hang onto our own first though, since I know TO fans would settle for Wheeler + conditional.

But maybe:

Kaberle: 1st

Hemsky: Wheeler, Stuart, 3rd rounder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/trade_machine.php?team1=5&team2=4&date=2011-02-17&team-4-players[]=182&CompleteTradeButton=

That would be the result of getting Kaberle without shedding any salary.  The negative number at the bottom is the key.  The Bruins would have to move a player/players with salaries that add up to that number.  The relevant salaries are next to the player names.  I think it works out to a yearly cap hit of about $1.7M.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

History will show that it will be a sad day for the Bruins if they part with a first round pick for Tomas Kaberle.

You heard it here first.

This is a panic move with little chance for success. They have already parted with a 2nd round choice. Management are leading themselves little leeway for the future. There is nothing in Providence that will help them down the road, and with few draft picks to select there is little that will come later.

Kaberle will add nothing to this team - his best days are over. He is so-so on his best days now,and that will not help the current Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal:
    [QUOTE]History will show that it will be a sad day for the Bruins if they part with a first round pick for Tomas Kaberle. You heard it here first. This is a panic move with little chance for success. They have already parted with a 2nd round choice. Management are leading themselves little leeway for the future. There is nothing in Providence that will help them down the road, and with few draft picks to select there is little that will come later. Kaberle will add nothing to this team - his best days are over. He is so-so on his best days now,and that will not help the current Bruins.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Are you nuts!  Kaberle is a top flight QB defenseman.  And not being in the playoffs for 5 seasons makes him hungry and a younger 32/33.  He will be something we haven't seen from the point on powerplays since Ray Bourque.  Chara will be the compliment to him on the PP, not vice versa.  What a load off Chara this will be.  And what a load off the fans, not having to watch Recchi man the point (even though he handled it as well as can be expected).  It was a matter of time before that experiment blew up the lab!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brian Burke has now helped the Bruins out twice inadvertently or not he deserves a nice draft pick for his efforts. Blake Wheeler is the last piece that has to be moved out and I doubt Burke wants him so that is what is holding up the deal sorry Stanley.

PC parted with a 2nd round choice because he already has a better 2nd round via Minnesota the Kobasew the trade. Caron and Sauve will easily help the Bruins after they are called up with the black aces without doubt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]History will show that it will be a sad day for the Bruins if they part with a first round pick for Tomas Kaberle. You heard it here first. This is a panic move with little chance for success. They have already parted with a 2nd round choice. Management are leading themselves little leeway for the future. There is nothing in Providence that will help them down the road, and with few draft picks to select there is little that will come later. Kaberle will add nothing to this team - his best days are over. He is so-so on his best days now,and that will not help the current Bruins.

I sympathize with a lot of what you say (read my previous posts, I want to keep all first rounders here), but Kaberle isn't so bad and Providence has some decent potential. That said, I agree with your general sentiment if a first rounder goes to TO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think history only indicates this is the case, if you review the best available player taken after the pick traded.  I'm pretty sure that if you consider only the guy who was selected at that pick, or the average success rate of the given pick, Say for exaxmple (Success rate of pick 25 over 10 years) the comparison is much more fair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I have a question.  If this deal is basically done then it would make sense Wheels wont be in there tonight, and with Kelly still not around will they skate a man short? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : Are you nuts!  Kaberle is a top flight QB defenseman.  And not being in the playoffs for 5 seasons makes him hungry and a younger 32/33.  He will be something we haven't seen from the point on powerplays since Ray Bourque.  Chara will be the compliment to him on the PP, not vice versa.  What a load off Chara this will be.  And what a load off the fans, not having to watch Recchi man the point (even though he handled it as well as can be expected).  It was a matter of time before that experiment blew up the lab!
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

You dream the past, and in technicolor.

Tomas Kaberle today, is nothing like his past.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I have a question.  If this deal is basically done then it would make sense Wheels wont be in there tonight, and with Kelly still not around will they skate a man short? 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. If the B's need to move salary to make the Kaberle deal work, seems Wheeler wouldn't be the guy going the other way (since it would work out salary wise). Also, Kaberle wasn't scratched for either of Toronto's last two games against much better and more physical teams than NYI. Always possible, though, that they call up Caron from Providence to fill in and save Wheeler.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : Doubt it. If the B's need to move salary to make the Kaberle deal work, seems Wheeler wouldn't be the guy going the other way (since it would work out salary wise). Also, Kaberle wasn't scratched for either of Toronto's last two games against much better and more physical teams than NYI. Always possible, though, that they call up Caron from Providence to fill in and save Wheeler.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

A tweet i saw was Wheeler going to Toronto

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : A tweet i saw was Wheeler going to Toronto
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

That deal makes sense, but then why is it being reported Boston needs to move salary? That deal would be fine cap-wise.

Anyone think we're getting Kaberle+??? Who would you even want...Grabovsky? Schenn I would but TO won't give him up, Kadri TO won't give up and I don't have high hopes for, Kessel...lol.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wait a minute.  Hmm.. there may be cap implications we aren't considering.  The CBA allows for LTIR money to be used on a replacement player who's cap hit is less than or equal to the injured player's.  Savard's cap hit is less than Kaberle's.  Does that mean LTIR money can't be used on Kaberle at all?  That's a murky part of the CBA.  I suppose Chiarelli could argue that Kelly and some other forward of appropriate value are the real replacements for Savard.  Still...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If the Boston's 1st round pick is involved then yes the Bs would want to sign him.  Wheeler would only to create cap space for Kelly.  Kaberle is not the greatest defensive defenseman but he can shoot the puck on net and pass on the PP.  Now that would be extraordinarily helpful to players like Krejci and particularly Lucic.  This helps make up for the loss of Savard on the PP.  Read in these spaces Kaberle is good friends with Chara, don't know that but it would make good sense then to acquire him.  Like to see the Bs keep the 1st rounders, Toronto can have Boychuk, last year's wonder child.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]If the Boston's 1st round pick is involved then yes the Bs would want to sign him.  Wheeler would only to create cap space for Kelly.  Kaberle is not the greatest defensive defenseman but he can shoot the puck on net and pass on the PP.  Now that would be extraordinarily helpful to players like Krejci and particularly Lucic.  This helps make up for the loss of Savard on the PP.  Read in these spaces Kaberle is good friends with Chara, don't know that but it would make good sense then to acquire him.  Like to see the Bs keep the 1st rounders, Toronto can have Boychuk, last year's wonder child.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I certainly think Chara would be happier covering Kaberle's defensive deficiencies then Kampfer's.  I haven't got a straight answer yet from a respected hockey writer yet, but I have to assume his defense is better then S Kampfer's at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I've watched Kaberle a lot (from Southern Ontario) and he isn't a defensive liability, he just won't be a defensive benefit. His value comes from his offense and that's why PC wants him. Pair him with Z and it seems like a great fit: personal friends, great passer to great shooter, stay at home beast with offensive puck-mover. Logical move, hope it works.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anothyer thing I'm happy about with Wheeler gone is Seguin will get some playing time that's better than a bunch of healthy scratches. Think of Kelley and Seguin's speed on the same line ? Ryder will be happy he can do what he loves best hang out in the high slot waiting for a pass just kidding he's actually been working really hard I've at least taken Gylder off my descriptions of Mike.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

My initial response is this is a good move (potential move).  This helps our PP which is our biggest issue right now.  I think i read something like 75% of kaberles assists have come on the PP.  Thats all fine and dandy but if the other team is disciplined and doesnt take PP's that doesnt help us much.  Look what SJ and Det did to us.  I think this move is a start but there will need to be an addition at wing somewhere. Especially moving Wheeler leaves an even bigger hole at wing likely to be vacated by Seguin while Kelly takes his Center spot.  Not sure i am thrilled with that.