Kaberle possible 3 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Kaberle possible 3 year extension

Hey guys i heard a rumor on a radio station from mtl that PC is negociating with Kaberle for a 3 year extension that would pay him around 4.5 per year.  What do you guys think about that kind of money and lenght?  Cheers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Kaberle possible 3 year extension

In Response to Kaberle possible 3 year extension:
    [QUOTE]  Hey guys i heard a rumor on a radio station from mtl that PC is negociating with Kaberle for a 3 year extension that would pay him around 4.5 per year.  What do you guys think about that kind of money and lenght?  Cheers.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE] I read on tsn.ca (yesterday) that chia spoke with tk agent the day they traded for him and that they both agreed to wait till seasons end before discussing a new contract.
    The term and numbers you are providing sound good to me, although I think there are teams that would pay a little more. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

That would be a great deal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

That's a hometown discount, in my eyes.  Albeit a slight one. 

I think to get it done, they'll have to:
    1) Work it out so TK has a cap hit of 4.5M/yr (but he actually makes a bit more)
    2) Involve Chara in negotiations.

I do think that his next contract is going to be with the Bruins for a cap hit around what you predict.  I could see something like 5yrs/22.5M, with him anticipating retirement after the fourth year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO the radio just regurgitated other speculation. Those same comments/perspectives have been on these boards for the last few weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hopefully management will wait to evaluate....Kaberle is smooth on the O but weak on D, just like everyone said.  How much will the other D man and forwards have to go to cover his slips and weakness in the defensive corners and behind the net?  He may prove more a liability than as asset.

This is one fan who doesn't much like him, so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Should be less than his present 4.25, his points have decreased since his last signing, a huge 4.25M for 5 years after his 67 point season, he signed at the top of his game and in his prime at 28.

He turned 33 yesterday(Happy Bday Tomas) and he will get more than Seid's(overpaid) 3.25M. Pc's number he likes is the 4M range, he has Hort Ryd Luc and Sav at the 4M hit.

Younger guys are signed in the 3-4 year term and he likes to overpay and give longer term to the older players to bring their cap down and short terms to players that are expendable.
    Recent signings
    Berg    25   3yrs 5M
    Luc     22   3    4.087
    Krej     23   3    3.75 when he signed will be 26 for next one
    Ryder  28   3    4.0 in his last yr will be 31, new contract for 2.5-3 ?
    Sav    33   7     4.007 at 33
    Chara  34   6-6.9M & 7th-4M way overprice for term at age 4M for a 40 yr old Seid    29   4    3.25M raise from 2.25M overpriced
    Fer     31   3     2.25M not bad price
    TT      35   4    5M
    Short termers
    Camp   27   2    1.1M
    Pail      26   2     1.075M
    Boyc    27  2      1.875
    Thorn   33  2     .812M
    McQ     24  2     .575M
    Rec      43  1     1.95M
    Real Short
    Wheeler  24  2.2M
    Stu        26  1.675

Please make sure it is not 7 years at 5M, 4 at 4M (4.5, 4.0, 4.0, 3.5) would be decent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

No4.. I agree with your terms, and a lot of the thought being spoken here.. Only issue is Kaberle has the team by the balls, we have been persuing him for the past 2 plus seasons, and persuing a  "puck moving dman" and finally have one, unless PC is actually willling to let kaberle walk, he holds all the cards..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

He has also stated that the Bruins are a team he would like to play for... so I doubt he's going to hold them over a barrel during negotiations.

My money's on him signing a relatively friendly deal in the off-season without protracted negotiations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle possible 3 year extension:[QUOTE]No4.. I agree with your terms, and a lot of the thought being spoken here.. Only issue is Kaberle has the team by the balls, we have been persuing him for the past 2 plus seasons, and persuing a  "puck moving dman" and finally have one, unless PC is actually willling to let kaberle walk, he holds all the cards..Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Ahh yep!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

3 years, 13 million

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle possible 3 year extension:
    [QUOTE]No4.. I agree with your terms, and a lot of the thought being spoken here.. Only issue is Kaberle has the team by the balls, we have been persuing him for the past 2 plus seasons, and persuing a  "puck moving dman" and finally have one, unless PC is actually willling to let kaberle walk, he holds all the cards..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Kaberle said, before the trade, that the Bruins were the only team he wanted to be moved to.  I think the negotiations will go well, and PC and TK will be able to reach an amicable deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Kaberle has been a decent D for us thus far. PP is still horrific .

Kaberle though racking up a few assists has scored zero goals.  

Unless he scores more points i don't think it will be wise to offer more than a 3 year and 3 million per year contract.

Maybe he should of just signed with the leafs when he had the chance as they were offering 4 million a year for the next 4 years

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I hope they don't sign Kaberle until they have had the playoffs to evaluate his play & his contribution to the team & the transition game.

Don't jump the guy with signing a guy to early like they have done in the past. If he don't play well in the playoffs let him walk & use the money elsewhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle has been a decent D for us thus far. PP is still horrific . Kaberle though racking up a few assists has scored zero goals.   Unless he scores more points i don't think it will be wise to offer more than a 3 year and 3 million per year contract.  Maybe he should of just signed with the leafs when he had the chance as they were offering 4 million a year for the next 4 years
    Posted by rocketdan9[/QUOTE]

if the b's offer is a 3 yr/9 mil contract, kaberle will join a new team july 1st.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Sure would like to see the PP have some pop. If he's as good on PP as people said when we traded for him, why does our PP still suck ? It's either him or the PP system. Something has to change. If the PP is our downfall in the playoffs, I would seriously reconsider any large price tag for Kaberle. Or. Fire the coaching staff responsible for the PP. Wouldn't it be nice, if the PP came alive tonite against the Leafs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

By the end of the contract he'll be a 4 goal, 18 assist man. At best. $3 M per year tops

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

For 3 years I'd give him no more than $7MM ....what has has he done so far ?????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle possible 3 year extension : THe only reason he hasn't put up the assists is because we don't have Savard-like QB on the PP.  Once the team finds a forward who works on the PP, Kaberle's value is immense. If Savard never got hurt, guaranteed, kaberle would have had at least 10 points in a Bs uniform by now.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

He holds the line on the PP like of the the 300.  His passes are tape to tape and he never panics.  It's not his fault that the fowards stand still, or that everyone expects Chara's bombs, or that the future top PP forward is still to green to earn time.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

5 years/21 million
    7-5-5-3-1
    4.2 cap hit

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If he doesn't accept an avg of up and arounf 4.5 PC will make moves this summer to secure another puck mover.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I say a cap hit over 4 is a lot especially if he is unable to produce on the PP.