Kadri steamrolls Backstrom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Kadri steamrolls Backstrom

and uses his forearm to make the hit bigger... what a punk (and none of the Wild jumped him... yet!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Kadri steamrolls Backstrom

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and uses his forearm to make the hit bigger... what a punk (and none of the Wild jumped him... yet!)

[/QUOTE]

Didnt lucic steamroll miller? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691428&navid=nhl:topheads

Completely different situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  6'4 230+ lb at full speed

2.  6' 185lb at close range 

yes they are different.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh so none of Backstrom's teammates like him because they didn't pummel Kadri.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh so none of Backstrom's teammates like him because they didn't pummel Kadri.

[/QUOTE]

Hes a goalie.  They are weird.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment: [QUOTE]

Oh so none of Backstrom's teammates like him because they didn't pummel Kadri. [/QUOTE]

Hes a goalie.  They are weird.  [/QUOTE]

"this old man he played one. he played knick-knack on my drum."

Backstrom speaking to the Wild trainer right now...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment: [QUOTE]

Oh so none of Backstrom's teammates like him because they didn't pummel Kadri. [/QUOTE]

Hes a goalie.  They are weird.  [/QUOTE]

"this old man he played one. he played knick-knack on my drum."

Backstrom speaking to the Wild trainer right now...

[/QUOTE]

Lol.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

30 games...seriously though, that's 3 games minimum.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Ouch -- worth at least a handfull of games from Dr. Shanny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geezus, three games to shupe for baiting the board...you're better than that...

He's in the crease for chrisakes, terrible hit.  Can't see any reason for it at all.  Just weird.  If that happens to Rask I want to see 5 angry men and ten black n gold gloves lying on the ice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He got 2 mins goalie inter.  Lucic got 5 and tossed from the game.  Lucic full intent was to run Miller.  Kadris motive was the same.  I think both were wrong.  Kadri is a Rat.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's in the crease for chrisakes, terrible hit.  Can't see any reason for it at all.  Just weird.  If that happens to Rask I want to see 5 angry men and ten black n gold gloves lying on the ice.

[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt want blood if you were Millers team mate.  Both bad plays.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He got 2 mins goalie inter.  Lucic got 5 and tossed from the game.  Lucic full intent was to run Miller.  Kadris motive was the same.  I think both were wrong.  Kadri is a Rat.   

[/QUOTE]

Miller came out to play the puck in the middle of the ice while Lucic was pursuing it.  Backstrom stood in his crease.  That would be the difference.  Pretty simple.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, Buffalo should have done something to Lucic, not the league though.  

In this case, both Minnesota and the league should be all over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, Buffalo should have done something to Lucic, not the league though.  

In this case, both Minnesota and the league should be all over it.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, and you say i should be better then that.  Goalies are no mans land(Not sure i agree with it but so be it) Lucic was going at top speed with full intent to run miller as soon as he saw him coming.  Kadri was driving the net and said nuts to this and flattened him.  Both bad plays.   Both wreckless plays.  Both with clear intent.  Both on goalies.   

what do you think he should get?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No question Lucic intentionally ran Miller, no argument from me.  But this one is a headshot - big difference, plus the things Fletch mentions makes it 3 games minimum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No question Lucic intentionally ran Miller, no argument from me.  But this one is a headshot - big difference, plus the things Fletch mentions makes it 3 games minimum.

[/QUOTE]

Is it a headshot if hes not falling.  I dont know man.  I can see what hes doing.  I just dont know how they can toss him for 3 while public outcry wanted Lucic to get something.  I think both were dealt with during the game.  It will be interesrting to see what the outcome is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is it a headshot if hes not falling.  I dont know man.  I can see what hes doing.  I just dont know how they can toss him for 3 while public outcry wanted Lucic to get something.  I think both were dealt with during the game.  It will be interesrting to see what the outcome is. 

[/QUOTE]

The NHL wants to protect their goalies like the NFL protects their QB's.  I can't see how he doesn't get suspended.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Great comment from a Sabres fan:

"WOW. that is the most blatant elbow I have ever seen. And i've seen my share of elbows... being a fan of the team that has both Kaleta and Scott."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, and you say i should be better then that.  Goalies are no mans land(Not sure i agree with it but so be it) Lucic was going at top speed with full intent to run miller as soon as he saw him coming.  Kadri was driving the net and said nuts to this and flattened him.  Both bad plays.   Both wreckless plays.  Both with clear intent.  Both on goalies.   

[/QUOTE]

You should be better than comparing the two and pretending they are the same.  Biggest difference is the crease.  We know goalies are off limits in the crease.  That's why Lucic wasn't suspended -- he hit Miller way, way, outside the crease, playing a pucking that Lucic was pursuing.  It was reckless and maddening if you're a Buffalo fan and I thought he should have veered off, but not illegal given Miller's venture out into the ice.

Backstrom is standing still in his crease.

Further, as hang mentions, one is a shoulder check and one is an elbow directly to the head.

So yeah, you're better than that.  They are different on practically every level.  Kadri can't possibly have any reasoning for what he did.

If Rask ventures out to play a puck, in front of an opposing forward, and then gets hit, that's when you make the comparison.  And I'll agree (although I'll want the Bruins players to go nuts.) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The NHL wants to protect their goalies like the NFL protects their QB's.  I can't see how he doesn't get suspended.

[/QUOTE]

So why not on Lucic?  They have been trying to protect goalies forever.  Lucics wasnt 10 yrs ago.  When Backstrom goes down to make the save i dont think you can say Kadri knew this was gonna develop.  I dont think you can say he he hit him in a "vulnerable" position.  As much as it seems im trying to justice kadris actions im not.  I think it was a greasy play.  As an old dman fur would have been flying.  The fact he was in his crease is an area for debate.  The reason i say this is bc more goalies flop and dive now more then ever before, they dont even have to be touched.  That obviously isnt the case here.  I will love to see the wording on this.  I mean hes still out there skating around.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In crease vs out of crease.

Headshot vs. no headshot.

What is similar, goalie involved?

fletch is right, this is baiting.  Weak.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0tQGwTHH4

TooToo (Shups favorite dress wearing player) got 2 for his hit.

Give'em two Shanahammer!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You should be better than comparing the two and pretending they are the same.  Biggest difference is the crease.  We know goalies are off limits in the crease.  That's why Lucic wasn't suspended -- he hit Miller way, way, outside the crease, playing a pucking that Lucic was pursuing.  It was reckless and maddening if you're a Buffalo fan and I thought he should have veered off, but not illegal given Miller's venture out into the ice.

Backstrom is standing still in his crease.

Further, as hang mentions, one is a shoulder check and one is an elbow directly to the head.

So yeah, you're better than that.  They are different on practically every level.  Kadri can't possibly have any reasoning for what he did.

If Rask ventures out to play a puck, in front of an opposing forward, and then gets hit, that's when you make the comparison.  And I'll agree (although I'll want the Bruins players to go nuts.) 

[/QUOTE]

It was illegal, he got 5 and a game. And it was reviewed.  Shanny felt the on ice penalty was justice.  If goalies are sacred how does a repeat offender and a guy who has had calls for near suspensions walk on a blatent intent to run a guy.  What was Lucics reasoning

The crease is a joke.  Goalies use it to their advantage.   Tell me as a goalie which hit do you want.   Actually nevermind.  Backstrom was sliding to stop a puck on his knees when kadri made his dumb dumb play.  Players drive the crease every night.  I see goalies getting bumped every game.  

I know you think im stirring the pot, i sorta am but am more interested in everyones reasoning.