In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

30 games...seriously though, that's 3 games minimum.  

[/QUOTE]

He got 2 mins goalie inter.  Lucic got 5 and tossed from the game.  Lucic full intent was to run Miller.  Kadris motive was the same.  I think both were wrong.  Kadri is a Rat.   

[/QUOTE]

No question Lucic intentionally ran Miller, no argument from me.  But this one is a headshot - big difference, plus the things Fletch mentions makes it 3 games minimum.

[/QUOTE]

Is it a headshot if hes not falling.  I dont know man.  I can see what hes doing.  I just dont know how they can toss him for 3 while public outcry wanted Lucic to get something.  I think both were dealt with during the game.  It will be interesrting to see what the outcome is. 

[/QUOTE]

In crease vs out of crease.

Headshot vs. no headshot.

What is similar, goalie involved?

fletch is right, this is baiting.  Weak.

[/QUOTE]

How about repeat offender vs non offender

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Kadri steamrolls Backstrom

KADRI GOES HIGH ON GRANLUND...!!!

Why aren't the Wild killing Kadri?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tim Brent is running wild out there.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Kadri steamrolls Baccumkstrom

Kadri just got the gate for an elbow too Granlund's head.

What a reckless loser he is!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does this mean 60 gms?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

3 for the Backstrom hit and 3 for the other one.  See ya!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder, does getting suspended for the first qualify him as a repeat offender for the second?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder, does getting suspended for the first qualify him as a repeat offender for the second?

[/QUOTE]

Its Shanny rules.  Not one person can say with confidence what will happen.  And no. He was never punished for the first dumb dumb hit.  He should go for the hat trick and really keep shanny busy.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All the Leaf fans that were saying Hamilton pushed StamPkos are now defending Kadri.

Hilarious!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im gonna go 2 gms.  I think TooToo trains was worse.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Im gonna go 2 gms.  I think TooToo trains was worse.  [/QUOTE]

I agree Kadri gets two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Minimum 2 games. It seems Kadri was trying to hurt someone and ruffle some feathers.

He turns and comes through the crease, parallel to the goal line. Was Backstrom not going to be there? Then clearly follows through with a shoulder hit to Backstroms head.

He should have left the game then, bruised and hurt from taking a beating!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, here's the reason I think it's ridiculous to say Lucic intended to run Miller the way Kadri ran Backstrom.  Disagree all you want, but if these things aren't true, then Ryan Miller wouldn't have had a mild concussion - he'd have been a fine red mist.

1. The Puck.  Lucic and Miller are converging on the puck in the circle.  It's a race to the puck, and if you look at Lucic's face and eyes as he loses the puck at the blueline, he has no idea Miller had decided to risk coming out until he's right on top of him.

2. Spot on the ice.  Call it a joke if you want, but a goalie is sacrosanct in the crease.  He's never fair game (which I will always say is a mistake if you want to keep goalies in the goal), but the rules are less religious about how much protection you give a goalie outside the crease.  If you want to use the football analogy, the protection of quarterbacks is based on the fact that, to do that job, you have to put yourself in a vulnerable position.  No way around it.  Same with a goalie in the crease.  Can't go into the butterfly and not got injured if guys can "accidentally" fall on your legs every two minutes.

3. Lucic minimizes the contact.  You see his arms go up and it looks bad, but Lucic pivots around Miller rather than go right through him.  Huge difference.  In fact, if #4 doesn't happen, there may be no real contact.

4. Miller tries to lean into Lucic to interfere with his ability to retrieve the puck while Miller's on a walkabout.  Miller plays the puck to the wall and then stupidly puts the back of his arm up into Lucic's chest like he's going to slow him down.  That's when Lucic does the only thing he could really be blamed for - he fends off Miller with his arms.  Miller weighs as much as a dry leaf, so he goes cartwheeling.

5. Watch the way Miller goes down.  He's not flattened.  He gets spun out - enough to help him take a wild swing at Lucic with this stick.

6. The handling of incidental contact.  Guys get a penalty for goalie interference if they contact the goalie; the get nothing if the contact is "incidental" because they were directed in by the D etc.  In Kadri's case, there's no mitigating factor - he just walks over and blows up Backstrom.  Even Tootoo had the puck at one point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

There is no comparison between the two.

Miller roamed out into an area where players play.

Kadri came into the crease.

Did Lucic mean to hit him? We could argue both ways all day.

There is no arguing what Kadri did. He initiated contact and went out of his way to make contact with the head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

30 games...seriously though, that's 3 games minimum.  

[/QUOTE]

He got 2 mins goalie inter.  Lucic got 5 and tossed from the game.  Lucic full intent was to run Miller.  Kadris motive was the same.  I think both were wrong.  Kadri is a Rat.   

[/QUOTE]

i think lucic just got 2 minutes for that hit. could be mistaken 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Both Backstrom & shupe sustain head injuries in this thread.  I wish them both speedy recovery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He bumped into the goalie.  The goalie went down.  This annoys me and baffles me at the same time. 

1.  It's not as if Kardi was screaming down the side.  He was gliding.  He moved his arm and now he's a headshot maniac who delivers forearm shivers and needs to get suspended. 

2.  What the heck is Backstrom's helmet made from?  Are there nails on the inside of the helmet all pointed to his scalp (think reverse Hellraiser), so when the helmet gets touched, he's instantly in pain?  I've taken harder hits than that at the grocery store.

3.  These wussbag goalies need to start keeping their feet.  They are the biggest divers in the world not playing soccer.  An opposing player's jersey brushes against their waffle and up go the feet.  That is always followed by a time of playing dead to get the whistle and then the woozy sit up and chat with the trainer.  "The goaltender lay motionless for several seconds before being treated on the ice and staying in the game." 

So weak. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He bumped into the goalie.  The goalie went down.  This annoys me and baffles me at the same time. 

1.  It's not as if Kardi was screaming down the side.  He was gliding.  He moved his arm and now he's a headshot maniac who delivers forearm shivers and needs to get suspended. 

2.  What the heck is Backstrom's helmet made from?  Are there nails on the inside of the helmet all pointed to his scalp (think reverse Hellraiser), so when the helmet gets touched, he's instantly in pain?  I've taken harder hits than that at the grocery store.

3.  These wussbag goalies need to start keeping their feet.  They are the biggest divers in the world not playing soccer.  An opposing player's jersey brushes against their waffle and up go the feet.  That is always followed by a time of playing dead to get the whistle and then the woozy sit up and chat with the trainer.  "The goaltender lay motionless for several seconds before being treated on the ice and staying in the game." 

So weak. 

[/QUOTE]

Bumped the goalie?  You don't see Kadri extending his arm to make contact with the head?

I agree with your general sentiment on goalies, but this type of play by Kadri should be punished with supplemental discipline.  I have with no axe to grind Kadri or the Leafs, just a stupid play.

I also remember how long and loud you railed about Marchand on Umberger, and how dangerous that play was.  A little surprised to see you changing your tune on this play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bumped the goalie?  You don't see Kadri extending his arm to make contact with the head?

I agree with your general sentiment on goalies, but this type of play by Kadri should be punished with supplemental discipline.  I have with no axe to grind Kadri or the Leafs, just a stupid play.

I also remember how long and loud you railed about Marchand on Umberger, and how dangerous that play was.  A little surprised to see you changing your tune on this play.

[/QUOTE]

God.  The internet is so stupid sometimes.  "Oh, but, two years ago on a completely different play, you said this.  I can't believe you've switched your vote."  Is this supposed to make me look bad?  Wishy-washy?  F off.  They're very different.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And all of this, "elbow to the head" and "extended his elbow" BS is wrong.  He doesn't even move his elbow until AFTER the hit.

Backstrom got touched, went down like a typical NHL goalie and played it as expected.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does Grandlund keep his head in his chest?  Kadri's elbow came nowhere near his head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Err...no, I don't.  Do you see it?

Idiot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In one camera angle Kadri's arm movement looks like follow-through, but in the other one doesn't seem to be much happening at the time of contact.   

The second Kadri hit was definitely an infraction and I think he'll get 2 or 3 games for this one. 

Either play should have resulted in a gloves off confrontation by someone (anyone) on Minn-sota.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

God.  The internet is so stupid sometimes.  "Oh, but, two years ago on a completely different play, you said this.  I can't believe you've switched your vote."  Is this supposed to make me look bad?  Wishy-washy?  F off.  They're very different.

[/QUOTE]

Different in the sense that you were pooping your diaper over Marchand's hit and now you put the accountability on the goalie.  Your position is inconsistent, didn't realize there was a statute of limitations when pointing that out.  Not sure why you didn't get your panties in a twist with shupe who immediately brings up the Lucic hit on a Kadri thread, wasn't that two years ago?

What is consistent in both cases is your desire to be "Johnny Contrarian".  Another "look at me" moment from you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Different in the sense that you were pooping your diaper over Marchand's hit and now you put the accountability on the goalie.  Your position is inconsistent, didn't realize there was a statute of limitations when pointing that out.  Not sure why you didn't get your panties in a twist with shupe who immediately brings up the Lucic hit on a Kadri thread, wasn't that two years ago?

What is consistent in both cases is your desire to be "Johnny Contrarian".  Another "look at me" moment from you.

I didn't bother with Shupe's fire starter because when he gets his feet in position, there is no moving him.  Ever.

I've put no accountability on the goalie.  He was in the crease.  Kadri bumped into him.  It's two for interference. 

Pooping my diaper?  Panties in a twist?  Your position is so weak you have to resort to remarks like this to deflect.  Sad.

Marchand makes contact with Umberger by extending his elbow as he skates by.  Kadri makes contact with Backstrom and moves his arm afterward.

Please tell me how they are similar.