Kadri steamrolls Backstrom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Kadri steamrolls Backstrom

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2 games for Backstrom hit, and because Rat Kadri is now a repeat offender it should be 5 games for the Granlund hit, 7 games total.........total loser.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think you can be considered a repeat offender for something that happened earlier in a game. There would have to be a process first. That said, I think he gets a few games for the Granlund hit as Shanahan takes the Backstrom play into consideration.

[/QUOTE]

I think i read on TSN that he wasn't even being called on the carpet for the Granlund hit, we'll see i guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Same on the 'blindside' point, although I'll admit that Backstrom turned that way at the very last second.  But Kadri comes in from the side while Backstrom in looking forward, and appears to line him up.  Backstrom has no chance to see him coming, which is almost a moot point since that goalie wouldn't expect to get checked in his own crease anyhow.  But he came in from the side, where Backstrom couldn't see him coming.

[/QUOTE]

At the very last second?  Looking forward?

Are we talking about the same play here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Same on the 'blindside' point, although I'll admit that Backstrom turned that way at the very last second.  But Kadri comes in from the side while Backstrom in looking forward, and appears to line him up.  Backstrom has no chance to see him coming, which is almost a moot point since that goalie wouldn't expect to get checked in his own crease anyhow.  But he came in from the side, where Backstrom couldn't see him coming.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He turned his head Kadri didn't have the puck,i think the goalie is suppose to follow where the puck is not at the guy skating buy without the puck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He turned his head Kadri didn't have the puck,i think the goalie is suppose to follow where the puck is not at the guy skating buy without the puck.

[/QUOTE]

The puck was coming from the point.  Kadri tipped it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Forgive and minimize all you want, that's a straight up elbow to the head on a statiionary goalie, in the crease.  To watch it on tv, call it a bump, and blame the goalie for being wimpy is slipping into the caveman nonsense that has helped to usher in the concussion era.  

You can't skate into the crease, untouched, and blow up the goalie.  I know it's been boring around here, but taking up irrational, overly contrarian opinions isn't really working to spice things up in any kind of interesting way.

I do think everyone here can agree that the Wild just look pathetic.  Twice everyone just stands around trades glances between Kadri and the ref with a look of dismay.  I don't know if immediate retribution works as a deterrent or not, but it sure beats doing nothing at all.

[/QUOTE]

Fletch, whatever.  Because I see it differently, I'm just saying it to make things exciting?

I see it one way.  You see it differently. 

Maybe everyone here is all over Kadri because he's a Leaf?  Maybe everyone is all over Kadri because they're secret Wild fans?  That's about as reasonable as your statement.

Backstrom's Broadway act notwithstanding, Kadri skated into the crease, made contact and got a penalty for doing it. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for you to post a Fletcher #69 jersey in Wild colours now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Looks to me...like Kadri intentionally took a run.  Arms...whatever..doesn't matter.  Shame on the rest of the Wild.

As for Backstrom... In my world, you do everything you possibly can...to act unhurt, even if you are.  Acting like you've been shot, followed by playing dead, then rising from the dead to compete unencumbered for the rest of the game is pukish.

Kadri got his penalty.  Any time a game is delayed by an apparent injury, the injured player should be immediately sent to the dressing room for a thorough examination that will take at least a few shifts to complete.  That may curtail some of the theatrics.

I see this hit as one that should have resulted in a shit-kicking, not a suspension.  The injury factor has to play a big role in suspensions.  We should have penalties for violations, and suspensions for these same type of things when players are injured because of the reckless use of  "excessive" force.  

Hockey is a tough business.  It's meant to be that way, and physical punishment is intrinsic to the games fabric.  There needs to be subjectivity, and a bit of reasoning in the process when doling out punishment.  Boarding and charging, are 2 examples of penalties that were solely introduced to limit the force of a "clean check".  These terms were almost unheard of in the 50's and early 60's.

Targeting the head seems to be the buzzword, but that's as convoluted as it gets.  What ends up being "the head", isn't necessarily "targeted", and it's very difficult to quantify in many situations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try the video Nas - these still shots s*ck.  He turns at the last second, following the puck, and gets clobbered from the side.  It's pretty clear in the video.

I'll concede that 'blindside' is debatable in the strict sense.  But Kadri comes in from the side and clobbers him when Backstrom had no chance to see him or expect to get hit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Almost, Steve.  Backstrom left the game two hockey minutes later.

The playing dead routine is so common, so weak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

For reference, here's another 'still shot' that tells us nothing about the play...could be a decent shoulder check...?  We should probably watch the video and see what happens...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Almost, Steve.  Backstrom left the game two hockey minutes later.

The playing dead routine is so common, so weak.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that he tried to stay in the game and then came out certainly flies in the face of the "he was faking" theory.

If he was faking injury, or playing dead, or whatever he would have come straight out of the game, or just stayed down.  Instead you see him try get up, try to play, and then realize that he's still having problems before leaving.  No flailing, no drama, or anything like that.

What do you see there that amounts to one iota of evidence of Backstrom faking an injury?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you see there that amounts to one iota of evidence of Backstrom faking an injury?

[/QUOTE]

The minor contact to a player wearing headgear strong enough to sustain a slap shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Oh so Savard is faking all concussions from head shots are just faking wow quite the scam going on,This is the mentality in the game i guess it comes from the fans,I think you have had a few to many concussions yourself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Watch it again.  The helmet is good for being hit by a 6-ounce puck, not so much a 190-man leading with an elbow and momentum.  Watch his head snap back with the hit.  Watch his body flip backwards.  Watch the back of his head bounce off the ice when he lands.  Absolutely impossible to act that stuff, within the quarter-second it all happens, when you're not even expecting to get hit.

He still doesn't make a big show of it and even tries to stay in the game, instead of playing up the injury.  Seemed to me like the opposite of faking or exaggerating what happened.

Sorry, the "he's faking" angle is just such a bizarre take.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Rat Kadri suspended 3 games, likely right. At least he has a record now, repeat offender status for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The minor contact to a player wearing headgear strong enough to sustain a slap shot.

[/QUOTE]

According to Sherriff Shanny in his video review, Backstrom suffered a serious injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rat Kadri suspended 3 games, likely right. At least he has a record now, repeat offender status for him.

Funny how a lot of Laff fans are in complete denial LoL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Is he serving the other 3 games concurrently for the other hit?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Have they said if they are reviewing the Granlund hit too, or do you buy one get one free?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The NHL ignored the "other hit", deemed it not worthy of a review even though it was a match penalty on the ice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The NHL ignored the "other hit", deemed it not worthy of a review even though it was a match penalty on the ice.

[/QUOTE]

They have to stick with the precedent of making absolutely no sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=484481&lang=en

Here's the Shanahammer video sports fans.

"Kadri is in complete control."

@Hang you were spot on with the minimum

Ding! Ding!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:[QUOTE]

Oh so Savard is faking all concussions from head shots are just faking wow [/QUOTE]

There are some hockey fans that do believe this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should get 5 games.

It was a dirty play.  He raised his arm and hit Backstrom in the head.  He should get 2 games for that, because head shots are not OK.  When you factor in that it was a goalie who was clearly in his crease, he should get 5.

Diry play and Kadri is a little punk.

[/QUOTE]

When did he raise his arm?

[/QUOTE]

Just before that impact. When you watch it in motion it's clear. Kadri targeted Backstrom's head with his arm. Bad play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have to stick with the precedent of making absolutely no sense.

[/QUOTE]

I guess the NHL can't believe one player can deliver 2 dangerous checks in one game. I don't think there's ever been a player who got 2 suspensions from 2 different checks in one game, and apparently the NHL's diciplinary arm didn't know how to deal with it. Sherriff Shanny didn't want to make a precedent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd much rather get hit with elbow wearing a goalie mask than a regular helmet. The inside of the goalie helmets are lined with softer padding than regualr helmets. . Then you have the cage. Looking at it, I don't know if it was enough to be injured, that said, I'm in my living room he's on the ice.