Kaleta the pig !

ShaBam better not screw this one up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmXOjTMjN_4&feature=youtu.be

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Kaleta the pig !

Hes a cop?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That was sick. Richards could've broken his neck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No Rupp, no prust.   Grapes said teams were running at richards.  Hes correct again.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's surprising that a push like that could cause such damage.  It was a penalty (and unfortunate) without question, but it wasn't even a muscle bulging, forceful shove. 

I'm not much for blaming the victim, but when I was learning how to play hockey, I was told to always be ready for something from behind when skating near the boards.  A push like this 20 years ago, 15 or 10 even, would have probably resulted in the other player hitting the boards with his hands up, minimizing the impact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

No Rupp, no prust.   Grapes said teams were running at richards.  Hes correct again.  

yup , exactly what he said yesterday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's surprising that a push like that could cause such damage.  It was a penalty (and unfortunate) without question, but it wasn't even a muscle bulging, forceful shove. 

I'm not much for blaming the victim, but when I was learning how to play hockey, I was told to always be ready for something from behind when skating near the boards.  A push like this 20 years ago, 15 or 10 even, would have probably resulted in the other player hitting the boards with his hands up, minimizing the impact.

i agree.  But kaleta is kaleta.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That looked bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

response?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Normally I'm all over Kaleta but it was a minor tap. Notice the toe pick like Richards was on figure skates. The league will smoke the guy since it was a Ranger that went down but Richards looked like he graduated from the Habs school of acting. Shoves like that happen numerous times per game with little or no negative result.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Normally I'm all over Kaleta but it was a minor tap. Notice the toe pick like Richards was on figure skates. The league will smoke the guy since it was a Ranger that went down but Richards looked like he graduated from the Habs school of acting. Shoves like that happen numerous times per game with little or no negative result.

I agree

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't wait to see Shanahan's boring explaining why he didn't suspend or did suspend Kaleta while the referee looked on in the background of the video. The Rinaldo's, Kaleta's and Cooke's need to be cleaned up and right out of the NHL so hockey can be played.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Shanahan needs to really send a message and sit this guy down for a loooong time, repeat offender this play has no place in any sport

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Common sense says you don't push a guy from behind when you're a few feet from the boards. I can't believe anyone is questioning whether Richards was really hurt. That's the type of play that breaks necks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I get the feeling Shanahan is going to throw the book at him....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Since it is a phone hearing the max games he could get is 5.. it is what it is.. I agree it was a dangerous play, could have resulted in a different outcome for Richards.. thank God it did not..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kaleta had plenty of time to see that Richards was skating to the puck against the boards. There just isn't any other way for Richards to retrieve this puck without having his back to the play. 

It's Kaleta, he's dirty , sneaky and a repeat repeat offender.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

from what i have read its a conference call with shanny so the max is 5 games, not sure i get why though

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Five is enough, if not too much.  It wasn't a blow up hit.  It was a dumb play with a bad ending.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He was about seven feet away from the boards when he got shoved - there's no way that I could see how he could get his hands up in any way to protect himself. He was skating at the puck, and you've got to be prepared for a hit, but not one like that. Given he was still in he circle when he got hit, how could he defend himself? Dirty, dirty, dirty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He gets 5 games and I'm fine with that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Even Buffalo radio is condemning the hit as dangerous and reckless today. Minor tap or major stupidity ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Five it is.....looks like Ott is going to have to step up as team a**hole.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Even Buffalo radio is condemning the hit as dangerous and reckless today. Minor tap or major stupidity ?

you know NAS was complaining about how long it took Caron to get to the podium. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658573

Kaleta's gone for five as Shanahan explains.