Kampfer...???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Kampfer...???

Anyone know the status of Steven Kampfer's injuries?  Knee?   

Does anyone think he has a chance of beating out Joe Corvo for sixth spot this fall?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Kampfer...???

"PUBLISHED May 10, 2011 ... 'Meara) Injured defenseman Steven Kampfer joined the B's on the ice today and Julien updated his status as well. Hes been cleared to practice with us, said Julien. He practiced with the other group yesterday, and I guess passed the test he needed to pass, and felt good enough that the medical group thought he was worthy of jumping in with us and then practicing. So thats where he is right now"

That was from Bish's Blog on bostonbruins.com and I think Steve will start as the 7th Dman with lots of shuffling between Providence and Beantown. I like Steve's game but his size and durability is what might hinder him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i don't think joe corvo is going to be the 6th defensemen 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Kampfer...???:
    [QUOTE]Anyone know the status of Steven Kampfer's injuries?  Knee?    Does anyone think he has a chance of beating out Joe Corvo for sixth spot this fall?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that he was a "Black Ace" for the playoffs, but due to the knee was not ready to skate Chara's spot when he was forced out of game# 2 of the Habs series.  Had there been a need for a 7th d-man after round 1, he would have been a likely choice.

Seems like Kampfer is in the mix for a full-time job in Boston in 2011-12.  Not just Corvo, but McQauid and Boychuk should also be looking over their shoulder.  Talent and depth is a nice thing to have, and the B's are in a nice spot with their top-7. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer...???:
    [QUOTE]i don't think joe corvo is going to be the 6th defensemen 
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Where do you see him (Corvo), dauber?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]i don't think joe corvo is going to be the 6th defensemen 
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

agreed, he might move to the second pairing with Ference....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Dog, Corvo has only an inch and 7 lb on Kampfer.  What I remember is Kampfer coming up last year and popping in about four goals right off.  He was playing half-forward half-defense and had to scale that back.  But it certainly showed he has instinct to light the lamp.

Add to that he has dazzling speed and can dance the dance.  I remember him breaking up one 2-on-1 he played perfectly, took the puck right away. 

Sure would like to see him up with the big club.  He's only 22.... lots of upside.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

there will injuries

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

ClamMan, I surely do hope Kampfer gets more NHL icetime but so far I've seen him take some hits that he did not roll off to well this a concern. Corvo is a seasoned vet whom has has shown through the years he can take a pounding in the corners is all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsfaninCanada. Show BruinsfaninCanada's posts

Not a chance I don't think, Corvo is a good pick up.

In
     Response to Kampfer...???:
    [QUOTE]Anyone know the status of Steven Kampfer's injuries?  Knee?    Does anyone think he has a chance of beating out Joe Corvo for sixth spot this fall?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kampfer...??? : My understanding is that he was a "Black Ace" for the playoffs, but due to the knee was not ready to skate Chara's spot when he was forced out of game# 2 of the Habs series.  Had there been a need for a 7th d-man after round 1, he would have been a likely choice. Seems like Kampfer is in the mix for a full-time job in Boston in 2011-12.  Not just Corvo, but McQauid and Boychuk should also be looking over their shoulder.  Talent and depth is a nice thing to have, and the B's are in a nice spot with their top-7. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
     I agree ,I could see Kampfer taking Boychuck's spot midway through the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

well i like corvos style of play so i think hes the 6th, theres many more options if kampher comes in and shows his stuff like he did last year.