Kelly &Peverly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Kelly &Peverly

Ok going to be negative i'm sure I will here about it Kelly 0 points -6 Peverly 1point -4 poor Seguin stuck with these 2 stiffs,tried Jagr on that line didn't work ,tried Seguin didn't work,and no Idon't want to see Pandolfo,but man we have been waiting all season for those 2 to do something,but let's face it aint going to happen,hell give Soderburg a chance can he be any worse,how about someone from Prov,got another Krug down there.Ok let me have it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Kelly &Peverly

Yes, they're miserable.  They're the best options, however.  Despite their awful play, the B's keep winning, so I guess it's not that bad.

CJ is limiting their minutes big time.  Merlot has become the third line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wouldn't it be nice to have Kelly Peverly & JJ to be the ones to score in this 3-0 win! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Ok going to be negative i'm sure I will here about it Kelly 0 points -6 Peverly 1point -4 poor Seguin stuck with these 2 stiffs,tried Jagr on that line didn't work ,tried Seguin didn't work,and no Idon't want to see Pandolfo,but man we have been waiting all season for those 2 to do something,but let's face it aint going to happen,hell give Soderburg a chance can he be any worse,how about someone from Prov,got another Krug down there.Ok let me have it.

Agree they will need to play better and contribute something if the Bruins are going to have a chance to beat the penguins. They are not guys you expect to score regularly but in 2011 they contributed timely goals.  Kelly has been better than he was through most of the Toronto series so   hopefully he continues to improve.  This is another reason I have been impressed with Seguin. He is playing with 2 guys that are creating very little offence and he is playing hard and not whining.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The only reason I'd say mix it up for today is because the Bs have 3 chances to close the series. No way Julien can go into a Game 6 or 7 (or Game 1 of the next series, for that matter) with a new lineup. Now's the time, if it's going to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I have the same feeling about Hamilton. I think Seids is in and Hamilton out as soon as Seidenberg can play, but if I were coach (and I am clearly not) I play Hamilton and let him work his way out of what he thinks was a bad game. This is the complaint against CJ - let the guys make mistakes, learn and improve. Hamilton has something to prove. With 3 chances to close the deal, give him one of those chances for the long-term development piece that comes with bouncing back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

The only reason I'd say mix it up for today is because the Bs have 3 chances to close the series. No way Julien can go into a Game 6 or 7 (or Game 1 of the next series, for that matter) with a new lineup. Now's the time, if it's going to happen.

Other than Seidenberg for Hamilton, its not going to happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Stay the coarse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I have the same feeling about Hamilton. I think Seids is in and Hamilton out as soon as Seidenberg can play, but if I were coach (and I am clearly not) I play Hamilton and let him work his way out of what he thinks was a bad game. This is the complaint against CJ - let the guys make mistakes, learn and improve. Hamilton has something to prove. With 3 chances to close the deal, give him one of those chances for the long-term development piece that comes with bouncing back.

It is not about taking Dougie out because he made a mistake.  It is about getting Seidenberg into the line-up if he is last. That is the only change I would make. I leave Bartkowski and Krug in even if Redden is ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

It is not about taking Dougie out because he made a mistake.  It is about getting Seidenberg into the line-up if he is last. That is the only change I would make. I leave Bartkowski and Krug in even if Redden is ready.

100%.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

No doubt - we all agree. I'm just saying there's a benefit to keeping Hamilton in one more game if Seidenberg isn't 100%...and that upside is letting the rookie have a chance to bounce back. Seids should absolutely be in if he's ready, but I was looking at the sunny side.

...and back to the point, I still think this is the game Julien can mix up the 3rd line if he has any plans to do so ever. Don't think he will, but now's the time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Am I the only one who thought Soderberg had good chemistry with Jagr - why not consider that on the thrid line again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea, Soderberg/Kelly/Jagr is something I would try. Though Claude likes Peverley's face-off ability

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yes, they're miserable.  They're the best options, however.  Despite their awful play, the B's keep winning, so I guess it's not that bad.

CJ is limiting their minutes big time.  Merlot has become the third line.

Only issue i have is there cutting 3rd lines ice time but that includes Seguin,who I think most agree is playing well getting chances,but he is averaging 11 min ice time,which is stupid,but just second guessing Julian again,and that's something i will never give up on,he drives me to drink,oh well headed out for dinner and to watch game at bar,GO BRUIN'S PUT THEM AWAY!!TODAY!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Barring injuries I think we've seen the last of Soda.  I wasn't overly impressed with him during his few regular season games, and I doubt CJ would throw him in the playoff fire unless he absolutely has to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Anything at all out of these guys would be such a bonus at this stage. Any team would love to have the luxury of having five extremely competent face off men on their rosters as the Bruins do. They contribute in crucial situations but for some reason offense isn't one of them this year!  I keep groping that they will come around...

Please somebody "why don't you tell me, where have all he good times gone?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would not remove Peverley or Kelly at this time.  I agree with Asmaha, if you are going to make change now is the time, but still I wouldn't.  I lean towards NAS and the idea that there are no better options.  I believe that the two have played better in this round.  Both are critical parts of the PK units and Peverley particularly seems to be making plays in that role.  Kelly and Peverley have additional value in the faceoff dot, both over 60%. 

Soderberg showed me that he was not ready.  Red I did not see the chemistry in his game with any player I felt him and Jagr looked like they had no idea what to expect out of one another.  I have said it before he showed me potential and I am excited for next season, but I hope not to see him this postseason.  I do wonder if he would play better given the time he has had to learn the system while watching the playoffs and practicing.

Daugavins I feel is slightly more proven then Soderberg, but not an obvious upgrade in my mind.  He does have the advantage of being able to kill penalties, which would see important.  Let the forwards roll as-is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Am I the only one who thought Soderberg had good chemistry with Jagr - why not consider that on the thrid line again ?

Faceoff prowess and defensive backcheck. Can't say I disagree, Soderberg will get his indoctrination and apprenticeship next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Your right Kitch, but both are good on the face offs..Bruins will need them if they want to win it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Am I the only one who thought Soderberg had good chemistry with Jagr - why not consider that on the thrid line again?

Nope, I thought the same thing too. Would be nice to see Segs back on Bergys line too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just imagine if these two start to get their games in gear???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If someone put a gun to my head and said to pick a Bruins forward who has to get injured and I would say Peverley or Kelly.

And all that trouble to get Soderberg and they don't use him?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

If someone put a gun to my head and said to pick a Bruins forward who has to get injured and I would say Peverley or Kelly.

And all that trouble to get Soderberg and they don't use him?

They win faceoffs and kill penalties very well.