Kelly Hold Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Kelly Hold Up

Why has Kelly not been signed to an extensions yet? Does anyone know what the deal here is? Have they not decided he will work financially yet? Or is he holding out for too much money? Is the a summer deal? I wish they would tie him up before the playoffs I think he would be on fire if he knew he was a long term solution. Nice to know Jordon Caron is waiting in the wings and now ready for the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Kelly Hold Up

I've been thinking about this since the news came out and all night tonight. Kelly was one of the best Bruins.
    There's so many things he does that does not show up on the score sheet.  Julien really trusts as he had him double shifting with Bergeron in case Bergy got waived off the faceoff circle.
    This season he might get 20+ goals and some team might overpay for the guy and his agent knows it.  Not everyone signs club friendly contracts I'm afraid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly Hold Up:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking about this since the news came out and all night tonight. Kelly was one of the best Bruins. There's so many things he does that does not show up on the score sheet.  Julien really trusts as he had him double shifting with Bergeron in case Bergy got waived off the faceoff circle. This season he might get 20+ goals and some team might overpay for the guy and his agent knows it.  Not everyone signs club friendly contracts I'm afraid.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Legion.  I'd imagine most any reprersentative might tell their client in similar position to wait till the off-season to see what offers come their way on or after July 1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

His numbers are great, and thats with a revolving door of linemates.  Plus all the "intangables" I'd love for him to resign.  Pretty amazing to think if peverley and horton had stayed healthy B's could have potentially had 8 20 goal scorers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

On a side note regarding Kelly in last night's game. When he gets p'd off he can really throw them in anger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One early report said Kelly was not Irish. Well, his powerful right comes from the same type of heritage. The King's Lewis thought he was tangling with an old man , and he was wrong. The rest of kelly's game was just as impressive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Kelly polayed a huge part in last years playoff run and appears if he does it again his value goes up, not only here but elsewhere, I dont blame him if hes looking for a better payday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

If he hits 20 goals, added to his stellar defensive play, he's going to get a significant raise for sure. Here in Ottawa, the local rags have cited the Sens may have an interest in bringing him back. A fan fav....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe he wants more money than they are offering?  Maybe they want fewer years than he desires?

There are a lot of different things that go into it.

Because the Skating Clown is worth $1.1M/yr, Kelly is now worth $3.5M...at least.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

NAS is right. He is likely pricing himself out of Boston. He is their third line center and has to be paid accordingly. Unfortunately there will be some expansion teams out there which will give him second line money. B's don't have that luxury.

Bye, Bye Chris.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]One early report said Kelly was not Irish. Well, his powerful right comes from the same type of heritage. The King's Lewis thought he was tangling with an old man , and he was wrong. The rest of kelly's game was just as impressive.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Scottish

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Yeah when he gets mad it gets ugly really fast especially when non traditional types take him on thinking it is a throw away fight. I will be sad to see him go if they cannot come to terms. I am not sure how I would value him against Peverly. Any thoughts?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Regardless of the "skating clown", Kelly's  worth $3.5m for what he brings to the table. For all we know, PC and his agent have been talking about an extension...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All pending free agents were offered contracts in January itwas reported by either KPD or Fluto on BDC. So what it tells me is only one of them liked the offer and the others think they can get more on the open market.

PC also announced that there would be no more negotiating until after the season so the pending UFAs can only sign the deals they were offered or negotiate after July 1st.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

"After signing Boychuk to extension this week, BOS has made contract ext offers to Kelly, Thornton, Campbell and Paille, all UFAs July 1. Opposite organizational philosophy compared to pre-lockout 2004 when BOS decided not to have many contract commitments."

My bad it was McKenzie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Paille and Campbell are foolish to try to get more money. Thorton obviously agreed. That leaves Kelly and if Paille and Campbell are out with Caron and McDermid coming up they may have money to keep him here. Does that even sound remotely plausible?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Paille and Campbell are foolish to try to get more money. Thorton obviously agreed. That leaves Kelly and if Paille and Campbell are out with Caron and McDermid coming up they may have money to keep him here. Does that even sound remotely plausible?
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

McDermid is a dime-a-dozen AHLer.  He's not going to step in for anyone in Boston unless there is a season ending injury...in the bull gang.

Paille and Campbell could be third line players elsewhere and therefore, will command third line money.  With the Clown getting $1.1M, Paille is worth at least twice that easily and Campbell might be worth more than Paille.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Really like Kelly's game alot. But he would be a fool not to test the UFA waters. I hope he resigns w/ the Bs but I think he's out priced himself here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Maybe he'd be willing to sign for less to play for the Bruins and another couple of shots at the Cup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I really like Kelly's game, but I think he'll want more money than we should give him. Why? Because I would really like to see Seguin at center next season--it's time to get the future of the franchise in his natural position.

Krejci has been far too inconsistent to deserve maintaining  the #1 center spot over a talent like Seguin.

I can only  hope that this is what the B's are thinking. I mean, think of Kelly's game, you would think he would be a perfect fit for the Bruins (or for any team). If they weren't thinking about Seguin, then I think Kelly would be locked up already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]I really like Kelly's game, but I think he'll want more money than we should give him. Why? Because I would really like to see Seguin at center next season--it's time to get the future of the franchise in his natural position. Krejci has been far too inconsistent to deserve maintaining  the #1 center spot over a talent like Seguin.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

only problem with that is that leaves one of bergeron, krejci or seguin centering the 3rd line which doesnt really work either.  If sliding him to center is the plan and bergeron is obviously not going anywhere, i don't see how they don't trade krejci. If he has a playoffs like last year however, i don't see how the do trade him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

The center leaving town at the end of the season might be Krejci. Unless he has a monster playoff series, his deficiencies may push him out of Boston. Inconsistent, soft play and his remarkable skill at losing the puck right around the blue line might make Seguin's slide into the #1 spot happen next season. Just frustrating some nights to watch him cough up the puck time and again. Seguin with Lucic and Horton would be aline to watch. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I really like Kelly's game, but I think he'll want more money than we should give him. Why? Because I would really like to see Seguin at center next season--it's time to get the future of the franchise in his natural position. Krejci has been far too inconsistent to deserve maintaining  the #1 center spot over a talent like Seguin. I can only  hope that this is what the B's are thinking. I mean, think of Kelly's game, you would think he would be a perfect fit for the Bruins (or for any team). If they weren't thinking about Seguin, then I think Kelly would be locked up already.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Great point, OC.  No need to lock up a center when your future best center is currently playing out of position.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly Hold Up : only problem with that is that leaves one of bergeron, krejci or seguin centering the 3rd line which doesnt really work either.  If sliding him to center is the plan and bergeron is obviously not going anywhere, i don't see how they don't trade krejci. If he has a playoffs like last year however, i don't see how the do trade him.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]
    I'm starting to think Krejci might be better off on the wing. He'd have less defensive responsibility and he looked pretty good in his short stint as a winger a couple of weeks ago. His game already reminds me of a more polished Ales Hemsky. DK actually has a few pounds on his countryman so maybe he'd be more durable at the position. I also have no problems with Seguin staying on the wing and turning into a 50 goal scorer there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he has priced himself out of Boston.  We have plenty of centers, it does not make sense to pay 3-4M for our third line center when we already have Bergeron, Krecji, Seguin, and then even Spooner who may challenge for that third line center position