Kelly to Ottawa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Kelly to Ottawa

It is very apparent that Murray is very interested in Kelly. If this is the case then he (Murray) will be paying him more money then PC can. Kelly has choice to go to Sens to end his career then 100% that will be the option for Kelly.

I am grateful for Kelly helping us win the cup for him going back to Ottawa is his destiny not mine. The Bruins still have quality depth in the center I and am not over concern about this position. The Bruins can still sign Campbell at a lower cost to fill in the 4th line shoes. Seguin Bergy Krejci Peverly and maybe Campbell it is common sense to me that this is still a strong depth down the middle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Re: Kelly to Ottawa

Interesting you metion this. Local sports station in Ottawa seems to think differently. Yes, they love Kelly and what he brings, but they seem to have fallen in love with a "cheaper" version of kelly in Zack Smith. Would Ottawa want to bring back a guy like Kelly....i'm sure they would, but at what price? alot of people seem to think that he will want a raise...not sure Ottawa would want to fork out extra dough to pay him. Don't get me wrong, Z. Smith ain't no Kelly, but they do have a young version of him.

I personally really like Kelly, and would hate to see him go. But if it means losing our core later down the road in order to kepp him....i'll pass

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

chia would have already signed kelly if the latter planned to stay.  isn't his wife an ottawa school teacher?  too bad charlie jacobs can't afford a tutor for his kids. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to Ottawa:
    [QUOTE]Interesting you metion this. Local sports station in Ottawa seems to think differently. Yes, they love Kelly and what he brings, but they seem to have fallen in love with a "cheaper" version of kelly in Zack Smith. Would Ottawa want to bring back a guy like Kelly....i'm sure they would, but at what price? alot of people seem to think that he will want a raise...not sure Ottawa would want to fork out extra dough to pay him. Don't get me wrong, Z. Smith ain't no Kelly, but they do have a young version of him. I personally really like Kelly, and would hate to see him go. But if it means losing our core later down the road in order to kepp him....i'll pass
    Posted by 1punchknockout[/QUOTE]

With this being said it could be Kelly signs for a home town discount.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly to Ottawa : With this being said it could be Kelly signs for a home town discount.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he would. he and his wife are highly involved in charities/activities around the city. I would not be suprised if he did re-sign with the Sens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thank You for the good services Chris ...and good luck with your new team ..you will not be part of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs ....too bad 4u

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 (Done) and 2013 (no doubt)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I would not be surprised in the least if this happened. Thanks in advance Chris and good luck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Until it is official, isn't it all just speculation? I haven't even seen any articles on it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes , it is speculation, which we will see a lot of since there's nothing else avaiable. Bleacher report said the bruins are interested in a 34 year old finnish goalie who played in the KHL the last thre years. smoke and mirrors. Kelly stated a week ago that both he and his wife like living in Boston. I would imagine he's looking for $3 mil, which is not too pricey for his skill and contributions. Peter's on record as liking the CAPs bottom 6 with Beagle, Hendricks[ former Bruin property] Chimura,[ love to hate him as he plays Bruins hockey]. Kelly definitely fits that model, but Pouliot needs MUCH more jam and consistency; Campbell is on the small side, but gutsy; Paille has speed with some jam; Thornton's signing is an enigma if they really want to improve; Peverly has speed, smarts and guts, plus he's signed.Caron has all the necessary skills and toughness, and could fill in Bergie's line if Horton is unable to return, and Seguin plays 1st line. It does revolve around Horton's recovery

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci will do well as the 3rd line center.   I mean that in a good way.  If he's between Caron/Pouliot/or Peverley, he will really elevate those guys. Best 3rd line in the NHL.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    No doubt Ipot. It would make for match-up nightmares for the opposing coaches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think that you can't even call that a third line. Its like a second line with 2 first lines. Bruins have depth issues. And by that I mean they have so many good players its a matchup nightmare for teams. So in that case its not really an issue haha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think that, economically, he's not a good fit right now. His 20-goal season raised the price tag, and if he's looking for a big raise, he probably won't get it in Boston. Pevs is a more than capable 3rd line center, and if the B's decide to put Seguin in at #1 center, then he's all but gone.

This team has far too much young talent to re-sign in the next couple years to force a contract on a veteran who had an early in the season hot streak to push him to his career high in goals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What a ridiculous thread.

The title is awful because it states that Kelly is a Senator.  He's not.  He's a Bruin.

Plenty of busy body thoughts such as where his wife works and what he does in the off season.  Bunch of nothing right there.

Yes, he played for Ottawa before.  Does that mean he'll sign there for a discount?  Certainly not!

The Bruins offered him a contract.  He turned it down.   It may not have been for the lenght or the amount he wants or believes he can get.  Does that mean hes out of here?  Not at all.  It means the B's might have to do better with their offer.

Sure, Kelly might end up playing somewhere else next season, but not for any of the reasons stated above.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

P.S.  Taylor Hall was wearing a Red Sox hat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Interesting topic, but I hate the thread title too.  You feel tricked when you click on it and realize it's just one poster's speculation about something that could happen.  It's misleading.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]P.S.  Taylor Hall was wearing a Red Sox hat.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What wonderful news!!!  He must be a Bruins fan!!! I look forward to PC signing him to a bare minimum offersheet in 2014!!!!!
    Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This doesn't mean that he's going back to Ottawa but he still owns a house there. Just food for thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Doesn't mean much.  I own refrigerator boxes behind Denny's restaurants all over this great land, but it doesn't mean I'm moving back into them any time soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Plain and simple, he can't be signed by another team until July 1st also known as free agency.  You have a month and a half to wonder where he'll end up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Kelly will not be wearing a Bruins jersey if you don't like my thread this is better thread. Center is not the Bruins problem when we have seguin krejci bergy peverly who can play this position Kelly (will want at least Peverly price or more) signing will be a waste of cap space unless Krejci is traded and if Seguin is not a center next season the Bruins mngt. and coaching are taking the wrong medicine.

Signing Parise is also a waste of cap space he is good but he will want way too much money that Bruins can't spend with Seguins contract due after next season and we need to focus on Rask long term deal first.

How many posters were negative when he first came to Bruins nation  one comment i remember " was he is a woman." yes there was a few negative threads when this trade was made. I did not say one negative thing about Kelly i thought this was the best deal PC made in the last 3 years.

Time for the kid to shine and he will next season be in the top 5 scoring mark my word.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kelly will not be wearing a Bruins jersey if you don't like my thread this is better thread. Center is not the Bruins problem when we have seguin krejci bergy peverly who can play this position Kelly (will want at least Peverly price or more) signing will be a waste of cap space unless Krejci is traded and if Seguin is not a center next season the Bruins mngt. and coaching are taking the wrong medicine. Signing Parise is also a waste of cap space he is good but he will want way too much money that Bruins can't spend with Seguins contract due after next season and we need to focus on Rask long term deal first. How many posters were negative when he first came to Bruins nation  one comment i remember " was he is a woman." yes there was a few negative threads when this trade was made. I did not say one negative thing about Kelly i thought this was the best deal PC made in the last 3 years. Time for the kid to shine and he will next season be in the top 5 scoring mark my word.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]
    Bob, I don't remember anyone questioning whether Kelly "is a woman". That conversation, I'd definitely remember.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kelly is a woman? Wow. If true, his/her accomplishments would relegate Manon Rheume's achievements to merely a footnote in NHL history!!!Undecided

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Who replaces Kelly if/when he leaves?  If Peverley plays 3rd center, we need another wing, besides Horton or whomever on the "top line".  If Peverley remains on the wing, we need a center.

We also need a Gregory Campbell. 

If Rask is signed long-term, is TT dealt - use $5M cap space ($3M salary) toward pursuing Parise?  Dustin Penner?  Brad Boyes?  Jarett Stoll? 

Just asking.