Kelly Update (unreal)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Re: Kelly Update (unreal)

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Strange, Loui never missed significant time to injury until he came to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Strange, Loui was a proven goal scorer until he came to Boston... :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Tough break for Kelly. Next man up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

After watching it, I will cut Dupuis some slack.  He looks like he is trying to make contact with the puck.  Certainly not a Bobby Clark against the Russians job!

No,no, no Hang...Look at it again, the puck hasn't even arrived yet....he's already in swing motion before the puck is even coming. If you stop it just as Dupuis's arm is cranked you can't even see the puck & Dupuis is looking up higher as he's swinging, not down. He was reacting to Kelly's hit, not the fawkin puck! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

when i first saw it i thought "well, he was just going for the puck", but now that i think about it again, i think, "would patrice bergeron ever take a swing like that one?" and i think the answer is no, and i think the takeaway is that a player must be in control of his stick, even when he's "going for the puck", and if he breaks an ankle with a wild swing "towards the puck", he should still be suspended for reckless play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when i first saw it i thought "well, he was just going for the puck", but now that i think about it again, i think, "would patrice bergeron ever take a swing like that one?" and i think the answer is no, and i think the takeaway is that a player must be in control of his stick, even when he's "going for the puck", and if he breaks an ankle with a wild swing "towards the puck", he should still be suspended for reckless play.

[/QUOTE]

he was in control of his stick.  that was a purposely intended whack to the leg\foot\ankle area.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No,no, no Hang...Look at it again, the puck hasn't even arrived yet....he's already in swing motion before the puck is even coming. If you stop it just as Dupuis's arm is cranked you can't even see the puck & Dupuis is looking up higher as he's swinging, not down. He was reacting to Kelly's hit, not the fawkin puck! 

[/QUOTE]

Here you go, nite.  The truth will set you free.

1.  The puck was in the air, right by Kelly. 

2.  As it came down, Dupuis started swinging. 

3.  He missed the puck.  He did hit Kelly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he was in control of his stick.  that was a purposely intended whack to the leg\foot\ankle area.

[/QUOTE]

Based on what?  How do you know he wasn't trying to whack the puck...which was right there?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on what?  How do you know he wasn't trying to whack the puck...which was right there?

[/QUOTE]

A player is supposed to be in control of his stick at all times. If I swing at puck that's above my waist but miss and knock someone's teeth out, is that treated like just an "unfortunate result"? Of course it isn't because it's a reckless play that leads to injury. Going for the puck doesn't give someone free reign to do whatever's necessary to get it. Dupuis saw a puck in the vicinity of Kelly's leg and with it, saw an opportunity to put the lumber to him and he did. I actually didn't think the slash was particularly vicious but I do think it was on purpose.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A player is supposed to be in control of his stick at all times. If I swing at puck that's above my waist but miss and knock someone's teeth out, is that treated like just an "unfortunate result"? Of course it isn't because it's a reckless play that leads to injury. Going for the puck doesn't give someone free reign to do whatever's necessary to get it. Dupuis saw a puck in the vicinity of Kelly's leg and with it, saw an opportunity to put the lumber to him and he did. I actually didn't think the slash was particularly vicious but I do think it was on purpose.

[/QUOTE]

I think it could have been a penalty, but I don't think it was intentional. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it could have been a penalty, but I don't think it was intentional. 

[/QUOTE]

I was always a bit of a slasher when I played and I've done that exact same move many times before. I've never hurt anyone before though. My goal was to just give them a stinger to limp back to the bench with. I just saw it as a good way to throw people off their games. I'm still surprised that Kelly was so badly hurt by it. Oh well, it's an unfortunate way for Spooner to play NHL games but I'll take it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I was always a bit of a slasher when I played and I've done that exact same move many times before. I've never hurt anyone before though. My goal was to just give them a stinger to limp back to the bench with. I just saw it as a good way to throw people off their games. I'm still surprised that Kelly was so badly hurt by it. Oh well, it's an unfortunate way for Spooner to play NHL games but I'll take it.

[/QUOTE]

The slashes, the cross checks, the little knock-him-off-his-game-for-a-second stuff happens in every league, all game long and doesn't get called.  It's hockey.  If you play a full game and don't get hurt one bit, did you really play? 

I'm going with swing at the puck, but even if the whack was intentional, I'm positive that he didn't intend to break Kelly's freakin' leg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The slashes, the cross checks, the little knock-him-off-his-game-for-a-second stuff happens in every league, all game long and doesn't get called.  It's hockey.  If you play a full game and don't get hurt one bit, did you really play? 

I'm going with swing at the puck, but even if the whack was intentional, I'm positive that he didn't intend to break Kelly's freakin' leg.

[/QUOTE]

I also don't think that was his intent. Dupuis doesn't seem to have a rep for that sort of thing either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I also don't think that was his intent. Dupuis doesn't seem to have a rep for that sort of thing either.

[/QUOTE]

So why did Dupuis chop down with force at a 45 degree angle so that the heel of the blade made contact with the legs?

A forceful chop like that, although he probably didn't intend to injure him, was meant to be felt. The heal made contact and caused the injury, therefore - GUILTY!

Just the same as Neal on Marchand! Both are cowardly acts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

iTS RECKLESS, just as the officiating has been this year, reckless. Its time the referees ignored the NHLs direction and do what they get paid for and whats expected from them from the players.

Why di you suppose they are blind to slashes, intent or not, but yet not so blind to a near to nothing hook ? Theres many theories.

Take the Phaneuf hit on Miller for example, first of all the league openly and adamantly state there trying to protect the players so in this case, where as a boarding call should of been called, Miller and along with many others who are unsuspecting to such hit feel comfortable to play along the boards with there back turned to the opposing player, again (deep inside ) he feels protected. Then bam. The pac hit on Boychuk, same thing, no intent, but  the so called rule if you see the numbers then its hands off, well it wasnt now was it.

It all comes down to the 2 faced NHL theme of we gotta keep hockey exciting, they make rules but somewhere in the deep code of the referees, there blind to what is and what isnt beause the NHL cant seem to turn  off the game and allow the refs to do the officating without that so called code. I know all of you here know what i am talking about. Its time the NHL cleaned up there garbage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It was a chippy, dirty game. Dupuis meant to slash him in my opinion. I don't think he intended to break his leg, but to me it was a slash. I'm not inclined to give any Pitt player the benefit of the doubt on this sort of thing at this point.  

The ref should have called the penalty there. The refs lost control of this game by letting all the chippy stuff go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a chippy, dirty game. Dupuis meant to slash him in my opinion. I don't think he intended to break his leg, but to me it was a slash. I'm not inclined to give any Pitt player the benefit of the doubt on this sort of thing at this point.  

The ref should have called the penalty there. The refs lost control of this game by letting all the chippy stuff go.

[/QUOTE]

It seems to me this is the standard company line from the Penguins dating back to the Samuelsson hit on Neely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kelly needs to drink more milk.  My 5 year old has taken harder slashes.   Like dez, i used to give the ankle area a slash back in the day as well bc you knew slashing the shin pads made too much noise and didnt hurt.  The ankle would give a stinger. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kelly needs to drink more milk.  My 5 year old has taken harder slashes.   Like dez, i used to give the ankle area a slash back in the day as well bc you knew slashing the shin pads made too much noise and didnt hurt.  The ankle would give a stinger. 

[/QUOTE]

The human bone is different as age progresses, Kids bones are softer, same as the skull. You cant compare this at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Looked like a careless attempt to swat the puck out of the zone. An in-game penalty, but that's it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Kelly needs to drink more milk.  My 5 year old has taken harder slashes.   [/QUOTE]

And Ovaltine!

You funny