Kessel and Coach sparring........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Kessel and Coach sparring........

In Response to Re: Kessel and Coach sparring........:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I see Wilson losing this battle ... followed eventually by Brian Burke. I have loads of respect for Burke but this spells doom. Heck, even if Seguin doesn't pan out, that trade still works for the Bruins between Jared Knight and next year's pick.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

That trade almost works out based solely on not having that absurd $5.5 million a year contract in Boston.  If the B's were burdened with that they would not have been able to resign Chara and Bergeron.

Seguin, Knight, and the next top 5 pick are just a gluttonous layer of iceing on the cake.

Burke is a smart man, but he's still looking for his pants on that one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Once again, Fletcher roofs a one-timer from the slot. Agreement on all points.

Funny about the Chara, Bergeron and Lucic signings. I thought the Bruins would be screwed with the cap this season, but Chiarelli has done a great job. It doesn't hurt that McQuaid and Kampfer have played well enough this season where they haven't been forced to make a major trade for a D-man (though that seems likely with Savard out).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]All of you ... buy a box of chocolates and send it to Peter Chiarelli as a gift.  Only now do we realize what a sweet deal that was.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Yup.. starting to look like Seguin, Knight and 1st round pick this year for a third line winger.. Chiarelli for GM of the Year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Kessel was not a malignant tumor, he was removed just in time.

Wow, wasn't long ago I said I'm not a Kessel basher......How times have changed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wow just heard the interview again " I don't really talk to him that much "  referring to Wilson. What ???  Now that's one hell of a relationship. At least with Julien they talked about directions, to the gym.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel and Coach sparring........ : He's a tornado of dysfunction with a $5.4M price tag. Please let him go to Montreal!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shoot BadHabitude ! You've been right all along .
    And some here thought you had a personal vendetta on Kessel. Geez !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I think Phil Kessel says "What are you going to do?" more than all other hockey players say "obviously" combined.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Shoot BadHabitude ! You've been right all along . And some here thought you had a personal vendetta on Kessel. Geez !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

And I'll go out on a limb and predict that the Kessel lovers will not budge  an inch.

He's fast.  He can score goals.  That's all that matters.

Doesn't matter that he only shows up when he feels like it, will not sacrifice, and not a team guy.

What did Recchi say way back when?  Remember that thread I started?

99% of the guys in this room only care about winning a cup?

And I said that 99% meant all but one?

And everybody went totally nuts about that and said if Recchi really meant that he would have said 96% because there are 30 guys on the roster and blah blah blah blah blah.

The Kessel lovers will wait until he breaks his scoring slump and say 'see? he can score, that means we're right.'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Here's a good read fella's ...........
    http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=3449552&cid=516&source=twitter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

so glad this whiner is not playing for the b's-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Scalpers are going to make a killing on the 15th ~ heck i'd pay up just to hear the chants !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a good read fella's ........... http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=3449552&cid=516&source=twitter
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

Good read.

Will he be forced to downplay what he said .  " what I really meant to say ....."

The Toronto media is having a field day and will put this through a microscope.
    Many of you preached this when the trade happened.
    What did he say in his press conference after the trade ?  Was it something like " It feels great playing in a hockey city ,  where is hockey is no1 "
    Boston was not that bad ,  hey Kessel ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Get him back here!!!! Now that Savard is gone no reason not to..Trade the much overrated Seguin or the useless Wheeler for him. We have NO power play and our coach is an imbecile with no clue. Kessel on the PP and the Bruins would be dynamite

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Toronto is a horrible team with no goaltending. Kessel creates his opportunities every game. He's just playing with stiffs. I could care less if he is a jerk or what....and the good teammate bs is a joke. Manny Ramirez, Michel Jordan and Kobe Bryant are too but somehow people seem to ignore that fact.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nash99... are you comparing kessel to mj, manram and kobe?  officially the dumbest post on this site- no wonder you are ignored by so many. i will join "so many"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

19 goals in 52 games? and didn't he have like 7 after 5 games or something ludicrous like that.

Where is that "Phil Kessell is Elite" thread when you need it?

adk, you didn't have "Hand Grenade" Nash on ignore already? ...5 points from Gryffindor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Get him back here!!!! Now that Savard is gone no reason not to..Trade the much overrated Seguin or the useless Wheeler for him. We have NO power play and our coach is an imbecile with no clue. Kessel on the PP and the Bruins would be dynamite
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
    Another quality post by nash99

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deuce27. Show deuce27's posts

This kid is the plague.  Kudos to Charelli for reading the writing on the wall and getting this kid out of town.  As others have already pointed out, getting what we did in that trade is just icing on the cake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hold on Boys! Kessel just came out today  and said it was all taken out of context.. He loves the Leafs !! Damage control at it's finest..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352844

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Kessel on your team means you are out in the 2nd round as he has proven he doesn't show up for tough playoff rounds.

and in general, when things get tough Phil is nowhere to be found.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel and Coach sparring........ : Good read. Will he be forced to downplay what he said .  " what I really meant to say ....." TheToronto media is having a field day and will put this through a microscope. Many of you preached this when the trade happened. What did he say in his press conference after the trade ?  Was it something like " It feels great playing in a hockey city ,  where is hockey is no1 " Boston was not that bad ,  hey Kessel ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Cowboys,  
    That's exactly what I wrote earlier this morning.  I called the " Damage control "
    downplaying.
    What's really sad is there are some blind fans in TO that really believe everything was taken out of context and that he loves Wilson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Kessel led the Bruins in playoff goals his last two season. Of course that's not saying much. All he had to do was beat stiffs like Wheeler and Ryder. Kessel has as many fights as those two Marys have as well....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Lets look at two seasons ago again.  Kessel and Savard tied for the team lead in goals in the playoffs.  Kessel had 4 in the first round rout of the Canadiens, and only two against the Hurricanes (no game winners at all).  Savard had two against the Canadiens, and 4 against the Hurricanes (including two game winners in round two).

I think I know which performance I consider better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Kessel and Burke and getting hammered by the Leafs fan....some comments from TSN:

"HMMMMMM... I think we see why Boston was so quick and happy to trade him. The same rumours in Boston are now happening in Toronto. No heart, moody player."

This one's my favorite:  "Way to downplay a major issue. I've been yapping for either burke or wilson to straighten out kessels non team playing habits. They had a perfect oppurtunity to do that and blew it. ugh."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352859