kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!

just saying....for all the people who knock him here and everywhere, thats mighty impressive especially considering the team he is on, plus he did stick up for chara!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!

And this makes 2 straight seasons of Bruins8 making Kessel posts that nobody cares about......bravo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!:
    [QUOTE]And this makes 2 straight seasons of Bruins8 making Kessel posts that nobody cares about......bravo!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Once a loser, always a loser, thats Bruins8.
    At least we dont have to hear about how he is a perennial 40 goal scorer anymore. He isnt, he never will be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I enjoyed Kessel's play when he was a Bruin, I like his speed and he is a good goal scorer.  He also has many flaws, doesn't go to the danger areas to score which prevents him from having much higher totals, and the trade was a steal for the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I don't hate phil in fact I wish he was still a bruin. Yea all he did was score goals but goal scorers are much harder to find that checkers. Still not sure If I like the trade we will have to see what Seguin does as well as who ever we draft with the other leafs pick this year in years to come. Phill netted some pretty big playoff goals as well when he was here. I also don't get the fans hate for him. I wish him well the rest of his career unless its vs us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aplymoutht. Show aplymoutht's posts

I don't hate him either. I loved watching him when he was hear.

The truth is he just wanted too much money. He's a gifted scorer but he's awful defensively. And don't let anyone fool you: a goal against is as bad as a goal scored is good. Phil isn't worth $5 million a year. And the fact that we got Seguin, Knight, and another top-10 pick for him was phenomenal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't hate him either. I loved watching him when he was hear. The truth is he just wanted too much money. He's a gifted scorer but he's awful defensively. And don't let anyone fool you: a goal against is as bad as a goal scored is good. Phil isn't worth $5 million a year. And the fact that we got Seguin, Knight, and another top-10 pick for him was phenomenal.
    Posted by aplymoutht[/QUOTE]
    I agree with your entire post and will add that my only issue now is that the subject has been beat to death.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!:
    [QUOTE]just saying....for all the people who knock him here and everywhere, thats mighty impressive especially considering the team he is on, plus he did stick up for chara!
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

how many goals does Phil the thrill have in the play-offs in the last 2 years? i thought the pro kessel people said that phil was a 40 goal scorer a year? -20 plus / minus wow fantastic and before people say that plus/minus is not a true measure of how good a hockey player is, they are for the most part right in my eyes. the exception to that rule would be kessel. in the 71 games that kessel has played he has averaged 7 seconds a game in short handed ice time with 1 goal. so were did that minus -20 come from? it comes when phil is on the ice 5 on 5 and maybe even on power play. and wouldn't u think with all that great speed wilson could utilize it on penalty kill? 5 million dollar 1 trick pony. i only hope for phil sake that his speed last for many years cause no speed no career for the thrill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

five straight years of bruins8 blowing kessel and being a tool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

enough already, Kessels a Leaf.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]just saying....for all the people who knock him here and everywhere, thats mighty impressive especially considering the team he is on, plus he did stick up for chara!

Kessel is in a perfect situation. Which other team would give him all this ice time and have a slim chance of winning, or making the playoffs and nobody is bothered or cares.

Many more 30+ goal seasons, Phil. One day you may make it to the playoffs again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tell me besides lucic what other bruin will get 30???  hmmmmmmmmm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If, back then, they overpaid to keep Kessel, they could not have resigned Lucic.  Is that what you want Bruins8?

Kessel in

Lucic and Seguin and another 1st rounder out

Answer that direct question please

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]tell me besides lucic what other bruin will get 30???  hmmmmmmmmm

bruins81

got news for you. 

Kessel doesn't have 30 yet. 

He has 28 goals right now.

And given his scoring droughts, of any 25+ goal scorer in the league, Kessel is MOST likely not to score for 10 games.

But he is awesome.  I was wrong all along.  Kessel is the most awesome player who ever lived.

happy now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]If, back then, they overpaid to keep Kessel, they could not have resigned Lucic.  Is that what you want Bruins8? Kessel in Lucic and Seguin and another 1st rounder out Answer that direct question please
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Disagree just don't give some of the contracts to bums like PC has and you could have easily figured a way to keep them both

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : Disagree just don't give some of the contracts to bums like PC has and you could have easily figured a way to keep them both
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Not at that point.  At that point in time is was a very specific choice.  Kessel or Lucic.  Only because of the overloaded amount that Kessel was looking for

They chose Lucic.  And also got a future superstar in return and another 1st round pick to boot.  It was the right choice and a fantastic outcome.  Stop being stupid about it.  Losing Kessel, as good a scorer as he can be, when he feels like it, was the best thing this team has done in the last 10 years

Here's some goal numbers for you.....11

That's what Kessel had in 70 games his rookie year.  And that's what Seguin has in 62 games this year.  At a younger age and in less minutes played.   So if you don't want to wait and give Seguin a reasonable chance before you jump to conclusions.....jump to that one.  Seguin is further ahead than Kessel was at the same point in their careers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : Not at that point.  At that point in time is was a very specific choice.  Kessel or Lucic.  Only because of the overloaded amount that Kessel was looking for They chose Lucic.  And also got a future superstar in return and another 1st round pick to boot.  It was the right choice and a fantastic outcome.  Stop being stupid about it.  Losing Kessel, as good a scorer as he can be, when he feels like it, was the best thing this team has done in the last 10 years Here's some goal numbers for you.....11 That's what Kessel had in 70 games his rookie year.  And that's what Seguin has in 62 games this year.  At a younger age and in less minutes played.   So if you don't want to wait and give Seguin a reasonable chance before you jump to conclusions.....jump to that one.  Seguin is further ahead than Kessel was at the same point in their careers
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

ummmm, do you mean kessel or krejci?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : ummmm, do you mean kessel or krejci?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

No, he is correct.  11 goals in 70 games

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=93039

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : ummmm, do you mean kessel or krejci?

I'm not even sure what you're asking me?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i'm sorry, i meant to say by lucic do you mean krejci. I thought it was clear that the Bs had to decide between signing krejci and kessel, as lucic was an RFA the year after. sorry, slip of the finger

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]i'm sorry, i meant to say by lucic do you mean krejci. I thought it was clear that the Bs had to decide between signing krejci and kessel, as lucic was an RFA the year after. sorry, slip of the finger

The way I remember it was first we were all hoping they could keep all three, but then once Kessels demands became so high, it was clear they would only be able to keep 2 of the 3.  Then I remember Krecji being considered the no brainer of the group, which means it came down to Lucic and Kessel

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

How many did Phylis get in the 4-0 shutout tonight at the hands of the Panthers?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Who f.ing.. cares...just saying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey Bruins81,

I got some interesting stats for you.
    Kessel - 293 SOG this year.  9.6 shooting pct.
    Seguin - 107 SOG this year.  9.3 shooting pct.

If Seguin took as many shots as Kessel - he would also be a 30 goal scorer.

Or does your IF game only apply to all things Kessel? 
    IF Kessel was on a better team.
    IF Kessel played a full 82.

News for you:
    IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ash a hoppin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

No need to bash PK- the kid has been scoring some big goals over the last month.

The B's could really use that firepower right now but in the long run the B's will be better off with  SEguin, Knight and their TOR 1st rounder this season. 
    Also surprised that so many are down on Seguin around here. He is going to be a good one.  The B's brass have clearly made an organizational decision to bring him along slowly.  He's still a kid, still needs to get stronger and adjust to this level.  Expecting Seguin to be a stud this season is unrealistic.

BTW- did you see his ear in that post-game interview??? OUCH!!!!