kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!

sorry -21 ! the thrill came to play again 2nite. fla 4 toronto 0 haha. be honest bruins81 if burke had the chance to get into "Doc" Brown's Delorean does he let chiarelli bend him over again i think not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : The way I remember it was first we were all hoping they could keep all three, but then once Kessels demands became so high, it was clear they would only be able to keep 2 of the 3.  Then I remember Krecji being considered the no brainer of the group, which means it came down to Lucic and Kessel
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

lucic has never been a free agent, so I think you are a bit off.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That is a statement with absoluely no basis.

[QUOTE]bruins are famouse for dumping talent! they're like the training and retirement camp of the nhl
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Kessel makes $5 million
    Horton makes a bit more then $4 million

Kessel is going to be over 30 goals
    Horton is going to be over 20 goals

which one is over paid??? If Kessel is not worth the $5 million for scoring over 30 goals a season, is Horton worth the $4million plus????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Kessel makes $5 million Horton makes a bit more then $4 million Kessel is going to be over 30 goals Horton is going to be over 20 goals which one is over paid??? If Kessel is not worth the $5 million for scoring over 30 goals a season, is Horton worth the $4million plus????
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

there is more than hockey to scoring goals. Bergeron won't score 30 this year, he is worth 5 million. kessel will, he is not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Kessel is a real talent with a nose for the goal; Seguin may end up better or not, I'm not enough of a hockey savant to know. But I do think the real stupid trade was Wheeler/Stuart for Peverley & co. I've seen highlights of Wheeler goals that showed incredible skating, stick and shot skill that is rare (kind of like what was lost w/Kessel). And the Bruins have Ryder, an offensively oriented player with a negative +/- of -4, so it's not true the team doesn't tolerate offense first players. The  worst +/- on the team, Peverley at -16.  Stuart I've heard was stout, and from what I've seen of the Bruins (at the Garden and on TV), they lack finishers and stout defense. Stupid trade!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Kessel makes $5 million Horton makes a bit more then $4 million Kessel is going to be over 30 goals Horton is going to be over 20 goals which one is over paid??? If Kessel is not worth the $5 million for scoring over 30 goals a season, is Horton worth the $4million plus????

Horton is also a banger and a solid two-way player; classic multi-talent right winger with a very different overall skill set than Kessel. Horton is the real deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Stuart had to be stout - he couldn't pass gas let alone the puck on a breakout.    It's not really fair to lay into him because he's very good at a number of things, but he wasn't going to evolve into a top 4 D - Caveman for many reasons.

Wheeler's doing better in Atlanta playing on the top line and with the reins removed.  Good for him.  Can he do it on a playoff calibre team?  I guess we'll see at some point.

Peverley's already scored a couple of nice goals for the Bruins including a key shortie.  Peverley's -16 is mostly from his time in ATL.  He's even in Boston.

There continues to be nothing new to say about PK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How many hits has Kessel made this year/in his career?How many times has Horton dropped the mitts when needed?What is Horton's +/- compared to PK?Are you really going to put PK on Horton's level?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

It seems many have already forgotten Bruins8's comments before the season started. Lets bring them up, shall we...

Kessel will score 50-60 goals
    Kessel is as good as Ovi and/or Crosby at putting the puck in the net
    No Bruin will be within 10 goals of Kessels total
    I am sure I am missing plenty, these are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He has 33 pluses from being on ice for goals that he was directly involved in (by registering a point).  59 5 on 5 goals against with him on the ice.  That's just boggling.  I know team play factors into this, but the closest Bruins forward (not counting Kelly or Peverley) to that is Bergeron with 36 goals against.  

To his credit, he at least has improved the importance of his goals.  Nearly every one of them has been in a -1/0/+1 score situation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Using the very complicated "gesserhoping" formula, Phil Kessel is on track to average 29 goals a year for as long as he's a leaf. That is of course based on Phil keeping healthy, not having to backcheck, not going into corners , and having free reign to do whatever he wants to do on the ice. The "gesserhoping" formula does not account for +/- .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

sweregen? am i wrong?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Using the very complicated "gesserhoping" formula, Phil Kessel is on track to average 29 goals a year for as long as he's a leaf. That is of course based on Phil keeping healthy, not having to backcheck, not going into corners , and having free reign to do whatever he wants to do on the ice. The "gesserhoping" formula does not account for +/- .
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

I would never expect him to go into the corners or drop the gloves for that matter.

However, when he backchecks, varies his game by going into traffic, not be so one dimensional as to limit himself to the perimeter shots - oddly enough his goal productivity goes up.

This is what they TRIED to get him to do in Boston, but he refused.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Whoa! The Bruins traded Kessel? When did that happen? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I am a huge B's fan but I do not post a lot - but I have to ask what is your love affair with Kessel?? Do you have his poster on your wall or something??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : Not at that point.  At that point in time is was a very specific choice.  Kessel or Lucic.  Only because of the overloaded amount that Kessel was looking for They chose Lucic.  And also got a future superstar in return and another 1st round pick to boot.  It was the right choice and a fantastic outcome.  Stop being stupid about it.  Losing Kessel, as good a scorer as he can be, when he feels like it, was the best thing this team has done in the last 10 years Here's some goal numbers for you.....11 That's what Kessel had in 70 games his rookie year.  And that's what Seguin has in 62 games this year.  At a younger age and in less minutes played.   So if you don't want to wait and give Seguin a reasonable chance before you jump to conclusions.....jump to that one.  Seguin is further ahead than Kessel was at the same point in their careers

Can you imagine what kind of #s  Kessel and Seguin would put up with a different Boston coach

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I am a huge B's fan but I do not post a lot - but I have to ask what is your love affair with Kessel?? Do you have his poster on your wall or something??
    Posted by maddog2020[/QUOTE]

I am positive Bruins81 has a Kessel poster on his wall.

I will go further to say that the Kessel poster certainly has lots of Bruins81 DNA on it.

Yes, he is THAT infatuated by Kessel.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]sweregen? am i wrong?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

They resigned Lucic in Oct 09.  If they resigned Kessel, they would not have resigned Lucic and would have probably traded him away instead

So right now, we would have Kessel and no Lucic, no Seguin, and no extra 1st round pick.  So I ask again.  Should we have not traded away Phil Kessel?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : They resigned Lucic in Oct 09.  If they resigned Kessel, they would not have resigned Lucic and would have probably traded him away instead So right now, we would have Kessel and no Lucic, no Seguin, and no extra 1st round pick.  So I ask again.  Should we have not traded away Phil Kessel?

sorry, but I don't think lucic had a thing to do with them not signing kessel. They could have done a bunch of things to clear up cap room for looch this year (the first year of his new deal), like trading away wheeler in the off season. they were deciding between krejci and kessel, they chose krejci, they made the right decision.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : sorry, but I don't think lucic had a thing to do with them not signing kessel. They could have done a bunch of things to clear up cap room for looch this year (the first year of his new deal), like trading away wheeler in the off season. they were deciding between krejci and kessel, they chose krejci, they made the right decision.

Even if I go with what you're saying, Krecji over Kessel, yeah it was the way to go

But I need to read Bruins8 say that yes, he would rather have Kessel over either Krecji/Luiic, Seguin and the pick the extra 1st rounder this year.  Part of me can't imagine that he could understand how all of that is the case, that it's not just between Kessel and Seguin

The other part of me says, yeah, he does know all that and STILL would rather have Kessel, which is crazy.  Hell Seguin alone, makes that trade a win

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : Even if I go with what you're saying, Krecji over Kessel, yeah it was the way to go But I need to read Bruins8 say that yes, he would rather have Kessel over either Krecji/Luiic, Seguin and the pick the extra 1st rounder this year.  Part of me can't imagine that he could understand how all of that is the case, that it's not just between Kessel and Seguin The other part of me says, yeah, he does know all that and STILL would rather have Kessel, which is crazy.  Hell Seguin alone, makes that trade a win

I can answer all that for him since he keeps saying it over and over and over and over and over.

Basically the Bruins81 world says that it is only THIS year that matters (the 2nd round pick of Knight, this year's #1 doesn't figure into anything at all for whatever reason on his planet).

So therefore, in his mind and in his world it is a 1 for 1 deal, Seguin for Kessel.  And he contends that if we had Kessel this year, the team would be a top - if not the leading - contender for the cup.

He actually agrees that Seguin *MIGHT* be a better player than Seguin, but that will be in 3 years.

The ONLY thing that matters is this year, nothing else.

Otherwise he feels compelled to remind us that Kessel can score goals.
    What about Kessel lack of an all round game?
    Doesn't matter, Kessel scores goals.
    Lack of clutch goals?
    Leading playoff scorer, yes, but most goals in an easy series.
    Kessel ate a live baby yesterday?
    Kessel has been found out to be Osama Bin Laden?
    Kessel is locker room poison and not a team player.

Not my world, but that is the world of Bruins81.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel headed for 3rd straight 30 plus goal season! : sorry, but I don't think lucic had a thing to do with them not signing kessel. They could have done a bunch of things to clear up cap room for looch this year (the first year of his new deal), like trading away wheeler in the off season. they were deciding between krejci and kessel, they chose krejci, they made the right decision.
    The choice wasn't Krejci or Kessel at all.DK signed for a reasonable amount of cash.The same ballpark as Kessel was expected to accept.Instead,he made it known from the onset that he wanted far more than DK got.I agree with Swear.if Boston gave PK what he wanted,Lucic or Bergeron or Chara would've been dealt to make up for it.I agree with your assertion that you'd keep Krejci over Kessel.It'll be proven again tonight.