Kessell's Goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Kessell's Goal

Clearly Phil hasn't changed his act. I think he was almost at the Redline when he took the pass. In my time, we'd called him a 'goal suck'. The lazy guy that stayed up at the blueline looking for the long pass, and not helping out in his end. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Kessell's Goal

He was in the defensive zone last night. 

On the play in question, he was coming out to pressure the D on a shot.  When he saw the turnover, he started skating towards the other end, behind the B's defense.  It's not a "goal suck", it's a great move by a great goal scorer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

As soon as they got the puck, he took off.  Great play all around on the Leafs end.  It's up to the B's dmen to stay with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Defensive brain cramp... to wide apart.  Take away the middle.  Speed is usless if its kept to the outside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

When you worry to much about what the other team is doing and you forgot to do what you normally do, sssshit like this happens.

Carlyle and the Leafs dictated the proceedings yesterday and got the whole Bruin team into their plan.

The Bruins have one job to do and that is play the way that makes you win. Play your game and the wins will come. Don't wait for them.

By the way, only one L in Kessel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He was in the defensive zone last night. 

On the play in question, he was coming out to pressure the D on a shot.  When he saw the turnover, he started skating towards the other end, behind the B's defense.  It's not a "goal suck", it's a great move by a great goal scorer.

I really think you should watch the 5 seconds before he gets the pass, and see where he is, and where the 4 other Leaf players are. There is a shot on the Leafs net, 2 Bruins, 4 Leafs, and no Phil to be found within the Defensive zone. 

If I am wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't see it the same way. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

When you worry to much about what the other team is doing and you forgot to do what you normally do, sssshit like this happens.

Carlyle and the Leafs dictated the proceedings yesterday and got the whole Bruin team into their plan.

The Bruins have one job to do and that is play the way that makes you win. Play your game and the wins will come. Don't wait for them.

So far. Hoping the Bs hang 3 more Ls on him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Yeah you hit the nail right on the head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from birbobruins. Show birbobruins's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Clearly Phil hasn't changed his act. I think he was almost at the Redline when he took the pass. In my time, we'd called him a 'goal suck'. The lazy guy that stayed up at the blueline looking for the long pass, and not helping out in his end. 

I'm sure you loved him when he was a Bruin...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to birbobruins' comment:

In response to perrysound's comment:

I'm sure you loved him when he was a Bruin...

Phil's +- says it all. Oh well, he scored, the B's lost, and life goes on.