Keys to Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Keys to Game 3

1.  Get an early lead to take the crowd out of it

2.  Play physical to neutralize Toronto's speed

3.  Tighten up defensively; play the same boring trap game that Washington played last year

4.  Play with some jam; have pride in refusing to bow out to inferior competition 2 years in a row.

Go B's!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Keys to Game 3

Add 60 minutes to that and i agree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

3.  Tighten up defensively; play the same boring trap game that Washington played last year

4.  Play with some jam; have pride in refusing to bow out to inferior competition 2 years in a row.

Go B's!

“I think the biggest difference was that they were managing the puck better than we were in the first game,” added Chara.

I also like the idea of the Bruins initiating the contact on the Leafs which from what I've read was more Toronto's scheme last night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice stuff Hang.

Toronto forwards are getting too much room in the neutral zone and in front of the net.

Also, after 2 games it's quite obvious Torontos game plan is to keep shots on the perimeter. Bruins need to get some shots way from the slot and in front of Reimer who has given up numerous rebounds.

Last game it looked like hey made a point to pressure Hamilton when he had the puck att he point and he struggled with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Also, wouldnt be shocked if the Leafs came out so pumped up that they'll take a stupid penalty or two. Be nice if the power play can cash in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Also, wouldnt be shocked if the Leafs came out so pumped up that they'll take a stupid penalty or two. Be nice if the power play can cash in.

Bruin's get a power play,wouldn't count on it,Leafs like Montreal at home,expect Bruin's to be short handed a lot,probably even see 5-3 for Leafs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

ACC is the Bruins 2nd favorite place to play. I look forward to seeing them regain the form they had in game 1. Do that, and they'll take care of business.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Go B's!

Early lead?  A lead at the end of the night is more important IMO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Go B's!

Early lead?  A lead at the end of the night is more important IMO

Ya think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Playing to win not playing not to loose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

ACC is the Bruins 2nd favorite place to play. I look forward to seeing them regain the form they had in game 1. Do that, and they'll take care of business.

Seguin loves the ACC...he is from Brampton...just north-west of T.O.

He had 8 shots in the last game?

How many will he get when he's charged up playing in front of 50 or so family and friends?!

Should be good!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Toronto sports media are building up the atmosphere down at the ACC for tomorrow's game after there being no post season play since '04.  Especially on the heels of last night's win.  But I've read where some players have said a hostile environment can also juice up the visitors.  It's not like these Bruins haven't experienced road situations like this before. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Toronto sports media are building up the atmosphere down at the ACC for tomorrow's game after there being no post season play since '04.  Especially on the heels of last night's win.  But I've read where some players have said a hostile environment can also juice up the visitors.  It's not like these Bruins haven't experienced road situations like this before. 

You said it RHO, right up the B's alley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Today was hockey day for me and watched two underdog teans win and one lose in overtime. The Sens destroyed the Habs 6-1Wild beat the Hawks 3-2, in OT and the Pens beat a strong Ilses team 5=4 in OT. Then our PBRUINS came from behind to tie their best of 5 series 2-2. All of these teams in some way have come from behind to win under difficult situations. They played their hearts out and very well, I am proud of our PB's.

These teams show how a team should play when things are down and not going your way during a game but still fight to win or at least be in the Hunt. I say these things because this is the way our Bruins should be playing, the PB's were down 2-0 but came back to tie their series with hard work. The Bruins should take heed from these hard working teams and put it into their game.

The Bruins have to work as hard or harder to move on in this series. If I could instal the PBruins fight into this Bruin team they could win the Cup. The Key to the next game is score and don't let the Leafs have the puck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Without Chara and Bergeron stepping up and leading by example the Bs will be a scrambling out hussled mess like in game 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kentuckybruin. Show kentuckybruin's posts

They should watch Sens,Habs game from last night and see what hard work looks like.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Play like Game 1.  Skate, finish checks, attack/pressure and compete.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Go B's!

I agree w/ everything you wrote Hang, let's hope they play your script. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji's linemates need to play as they did in game one; Don't know what to do with the 3rd line except to swap Campbell/Paille to play with Jagr; and then have Soderberg play with kelly/Peverly; or maybe Daugavins. That's one way to replace Thornton with more skill and give Jagr the speed and defensive coverage he needs. Don't see this in practice, and Claude has never been flexible or innovative.  Overall, the defense needs to play better; move the puck faster; stop icing long passes; improve defensive zone coverage; replace slap shots with wristres that can be diverted more easily.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Pairing up Chara and Siedenberg back up again is a start. I believe the Bruins will play a very good game tonight. The problem guys everytime i go to the game (2) they lose, all kidding aside i  agree with bogie 6 the defense needs to play better. They have other issues that can be worked out, but tighten up and clog up the passing lanes of the leafs would help a great deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Move the puck out of our end...We can't make those stupid passes to nobody when the defenceman get pressured.

When Boston gets that first pass out, the rest of the game comes alive. Lot's of cycling

Rask. Be solid.

CJ...Please !  Don't over think. Period.

I will be watching this game on the edge of my seat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

1) Watch game film of Game 3: Montreal @ Ottawa
    2) Make note of the Sena approach: relentless pressure, solid defensive play, unwavering physicality. Or if they want something closer to home, watch film of Game 1 vs. Toronto, where they did all of the above equally well as Ottawa did last night to the Habs.
    3) Carry that out in reality.

Boston is better than Toronto. What I haven't been sold on when it comes to the Bruins is whether they have a reading high enough on the "give-a-darn" meter. If they do, they win the series hands down. If they come out and display the same style of game in Toronto tonight as they did at home in Game 1, I think that's a good sign that their heads and hearts are in the right place. If not, I think serious questions need to be asked about the heart of this Bruins team: they're better than everyone else in the Northeast Division on paper. If they can't replicate that on the ice when it matters most, something is wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My observations of Ottawa and New York Islanders in their playoff series is the ability to get the puck out of the defensive zone.  Ottawa's execution was excellent, even with pressure the forwards and defenseman worked with tight short passes to gain the neutral zone and quick transition into the offensive zone of Montreal.  The Isles have an easier time in doing the same as Pittsburgh's defense is not deep.  The last game Tavares was hacked on a break away, then incredibilty in OT Crosby gets the benefit of the doubt.  Oh well, the Isles had the energy and the defensemen to wiin another game for sure.  

As for the Bs, the defense even with Chara is solid but not MOBILE.  The forwards must help as the forwards in the Ottawa series.  The Bs have made a decision to use defense as the excuse for the last game.  Forecheck, backcheck, skate and that energy will carry the team.  Unfortunately up the boards when the defense and offense do not work in unison.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Rask is the key!

Is this guy a top goalie?

I guess we will know more after the playoffs

so far I am not impressed