Khudobin Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Khudobin Trade

It comes across as a minor move but I think there is more to it.Anyone else and I would be thinking they are just adding depth to the position in the organization. I'm familiar with Khudobin. He's NHL ready right now.
    I'm wondering if PC and Tuuka have an agreement where after the season they would explore trading him to a place where he'll be #1...Tuuka needs to play and I'm sure he wants to play.I love Tuuka and he is the golaie of the future, but I'd be willing to bet him and his agent beleive the future for Tuuka is now especially with TT has 2 moe years and Tuuka is a RFA after next year. His next contract, and you can bet his agent is telling him this is one he needs to maximize. He needs to play in order to do that...Just a thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Khudobin Trade

Could very well be but I doubt it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I came across Bookboys read on the farm and from his notes, the Bruins need a proven goalie down there, according to the numbers that Bookboy gave. It looks like PC has addressed the goalie situation. Your thoughts on Tuka and the future is valid, but I guess, time will tell. Good to see that we may now have a bonifide NHL goalie coming up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

In Response to Khudobin Trade:
    [QUOTE]It comes across as a minor move but I think there is more to it.Anyone else and I would be thinking they are just adding depth to the position in the organization. I'm familiar with Khudobin. He's NHL ready right now. I'm wondering if PC and Tuuka have an agreement where after the season they would explore trading him to a place where he'll be #1...Tuuka needs to play and I'm sure he wants to play.I love Tuuka and he is the golaie of the future, but I'd be willing to bet him and his agent beleive the future for Tuuka is now especially with TT has 2 moe years and Tuuka is a RFA after next year. His next contract, and you can bet his agent is telling him this is one he needs to maximize. He needs to play in order to do that...Just a thought
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

What gives you ANY indication that PC would have an agreement to explore trading him? What benefit would the B's get in return for such a handshake agreement? Not what benefit they would get back in a trade, but what benefit would the B's get in return for exploring a trade?

He's an asset to the Bruins at a friendly cap #. I don't care what he and his agent think, he has a contract with the Bruins and it would be detrimental to the team to trade him.

I stole this next idea from another poster....I believe they brought in the new goalie with the idea of attempting to trade TT in the offseason. Tukka and the K next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'll play along.

What if PC offered Edmonton TR for the 1st pick? Would make a lot of sense for both sides.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Reading too much into it, I think.  Sort of.  I doubt there is such an agreement between Chiarelli and Rask's agent.

However, I think Chiarelli realizes that there is a decent chance he will want to move one of Thomas or Rask some time in the next two seasons, and right now there is nothing in the farm for goalies, unless you count Zane Gothberg.  He could be NHL worthy in 5 years.  Or never.  This trade shores-up a clear organizational weakness, might help out the P-Bruins, and provides a backup plan should a trade option for one of the goalies come along that Chiarelli thinks he can't pass up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I don't think he's worth that much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Khudobin Trade:
    [QUOTE]I don't think he's worth that much.
    Posted by montecristo[/QUOTE]

If you're Edmonton, you've got your franchise forward and some support, would you rather have a guaranteed franchise goalie or take a shot at an unknown?

Maybe PC sweetens it with a 2nd rounder or something?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Reading too much into it, I think.  Sort of.  I doubt there is such an agreement between Chiarelli and Rask's agent. However, I think Chiarelli realizes that there is a decent chance he will want to move one of Thomas or Rask some time in the next two seasons, and right now there is nothing  in the farm for goalies, unless you count Zane Gothberg.  He could be NHL worthy in 5 years.  Or never.  This trade shores-up a clear organizational weakness, might help out the P-Bruins, and provides a backup plan should a trade option for one of the goalies come along that Chiarelli thinks he can't pass up.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agree, Doc. Another case of making sure we have depth going into this playoff run. If he does well, PC will then probably look at moving TT and having Rask & Khodobin for the future.

But again, I know his stats look good but let see what he can do longer term.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Khudobin Trade : What gives you ANY indication that PC would have an agreement to explore trading him? What benefit would the B's get in return for such a handshake agreement? Not what benefit they would get back in a trade, but what benefit would the B's get in return for exploring a trade? He's an asset to the Bruins at a friendly cap #. I don't care what he and his agent think, he has a contract with the Bruins and it would be detrimental to the team to trade him. I stole this next idea from another poster....I believe they brought in the new goalie with the idea of attempting to trade TT in the offseason. Tukka and the K next year.
    Posted by montecristo[/QUOTE]

You think Tuuka doesn't want to start? You think it's totally out of the realm of possibility that he knows TT is healthy with 2 years left on his deal, while a good team down in Tampa would put him in as the #1 right now?
    By the way to the posters that suggest the oilers, they view Dubnyk as their goalie of the future. he as a 1st round pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Oilers fans hold out hope that Dubnyk could be a goalie in the future, but they'd jump at the chance to have Rask who has more upside and is more likely to reach his potential.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Oilers fans hold out hope that Dubnyk could be a goalie in the future, but they'd jump at the chance to have Rask who has more upside and is more likely to reach his potential.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I love Rask, but to trade him for the Oilers #1 overall, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Ain't going to happen tho.  Nice thought.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i don't think pc would give rask for edm's 1st. i think the rask we saw last year is worth more than this year's 1st. it's a weak draft with no sure thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Khudobin Trade : You think Tuuka doesn't want to start? You think it's totally out of the realm of possibility that he knows TT is healthy with 2 years left on his deal, while a good team down in Tampa would put him in as the #1 right now? By the way to the posters that suggest the oilers, they view Dubnyk as their goalie of the future. he as a 1st round pick.

I never said he doesn't want to start. I want a Ferrari, but we all can't have whatever we want. I never said "it's totally out of the realm of possibility that he knows TT is healthy with 2 years left on his deal, while a good team down in Tampa would put him in as the #1 right now", you're right, I am sure he sees that. But you know what? Too bad, he's got a contract here.

I guess I am just saying that to suggest that he has some handshake deal to explore being traded is not realistic. The Bruins look out for 1 thing....the good of the team. He might be the nicest guy in the world, but the B's will look out for themselves first. I have only seen a gentleman's trade once in my hockey following life....Ray Borque. Do you think TR has earned that type of respect?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

Rask will not be traded unless a gm gives charelli a crazy offer that he can not refuse. tim thomas would be traded before rask would he is the franchise goalie for years to come.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Makes no sense what-so-ever for Edmonton to trade the 1st pick for Thomas. Edmonton is looking to rebuild, which is what you do with high draft picks, not aging goalies. TT could definately help them now, but he'll be retired by the time they are legitimate playoff contenders (by that I mean get past the 1st round in the playoffs). So TT to Edmonton has to be right at the top of the "not to do" list for the Oilers right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Forget Edmonton trading the number 1 pick overrall for rask. Thats ridiculous.
    Anyone else find it weird Rask is starting again tonight? Thomas put two gems together versus Cal and Van. I realize Thomas needs rest but he just recently had a week off. He certainly didn't play like he was hampered. For the most part Rask has started against the weaker teams which makes Thomas numbers that much more impressive. Vezina easliy, and even those who don't put goalies in the MVP talk might struggle with this one.
    Hey, I certainly want Rask as the goalie for the Bruins and TT is up there in age but like I said before this trade raised eyebrows as far as I'm concerned. Hope I'm wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Forget Edmonton trading the number 1 pick overrall for rask. Thats ridiculous. Anyone else find it weird Rask is starting again tonight? Thomas put two gems together versus Cal and Van. I realize Thomas needs rest but he just recently had a week off. He certainly didn't play like he was hampered. For the most part Rask has started against the weaker teams which makes Thomas numbers that much more impressive. Vezina easliy, and even those who don't put goalies in the MVP talk might struggle with this one. Hey, I certainly want Rask as the goalie for the Bruins and TT is up there in age but like I said before this trade raised eyebrows as far as I'm concerned. Hope I'm wrong.
    Not at all. TB and Pitt up next.