Kovalev to Pittsburgh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Kovalev to Pittsburgh

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355204

There ya go guys and gals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Kovalev to Pittsburgh

I'd take Kovalev over Ryder

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I would take Satan over both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Low risk, high reward for Pens. As much as I don't care for Kovalev, it was a good move for Pens. They had to do something with the injuries they have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Washed up bum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev to Pittsburgh:
    [QUOTE]Washed up bum
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

No, wrong. Underachieving player, sure....but surrounded by talent like Crosby will thrive. Smart move by Pitt., low risk/high reward. This one bums me out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How much have you seen him this year, TTBI?  He's past "underachieving" and into "coming to the end."  The injuries of the last couple of years have taken his legs.  I will be absolutely shocked if he has more than a brief renaissance.  And he won't be surrounded by talent like Crosby because I just don't see Crosby coming back at full strength this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I would take Satan over both.
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Even Satan with a season ending broken wrist?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]How much have you seen him this year, TTBI?  He's past "underachieving" and into "coming to the end."  The injuries of the last couple of years have taken his legs.  I will be absolutely shocked if he has more than a brief renaissance.  And he won't be surrounded by talent like Crosby because I just don't see Crosby coming back at full strength this year.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    What you need to realize is this was for a 7th round pick. This is a great deal for the Pens. Kovalev this year will add more this year  then that pick will ever do. Even in his unerachieving ways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kovalev to Pittsburgh : What you need to realize is this was for a 7th round pick. This is a great deal for the Pens. Kovalev this year will add more this year  then that pick will ever do. Even in his unerachieving ways.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It was a giveaway by the Sens to save a couple bucks this year, plain and simple....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]How much have you seen him this year, TTBI?  He's past "underachieving" and into "coming to the end."  The injuries of the last couple of years have taken his legs.  I will be absolutely shocked if he has more than a brief renaissance.  And he won't be surrounded by talent like Crosby because I just don't see Crosby coming back at full strength this year.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Underachieving players do so for different reasons...Kovy is the perfect example of the player who stops trying once he realizes he's playing for a team that stinks, and Ottawa is the quintessential example. On a legit playoff contender like Pittsburgh he will be more involved --and i guarantee you--will score timely and back-breaking goals in the playoffs. I only hope they don't come against the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

...and I forgot to add, that yes, for a 7th round pick this an absolute no-brainer for the Pens. This plus the Neal acquisition--even w/out a 100% Crosby (who WILL play, and even at 75% is better than most players in the league) puts the Pens right back in the mix of dangerous eastern teams--they aint the Flyers, but they're still a team I wouldn't want to face in the post-season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

W/O a 100% Crosby (If at all) nor Malkin you have no consistent puck possession that will hurt Fluery with all the shots he must face see the Bruins 7-4 beatdown comeback in Pittsburgh. Staal is a great center but he can't carry seven games the way Crosby or Malkin can I like the Bruins chances if they meet the Pens in the playoffs.

I don't need to address a player that was given stress/maintenance days off by Gainey when the Habs were trying to fight their way into the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]W/O a 100% Crosby (If at all) nor Malkin you have no consistent puck possession that will hurt Fluery with all the shots he must face see the Bruins 7-4 beatdown comeback in Pittsburgh. Staal is a great center but he can't carry seven games the way Crosby or Malkin can I like the Bruins chances if they meet the Pens in the playoffs. I don't need to address a player that was given stress/maintenance days off by Gainey when the Habs were trying to fight their way into the playoffs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Granted, I'd rather face a less than 100% Crosby and Malkin-less Penguins team than Philly, the Caps, TB, or even the Habs (my biggest 1st-round feared opponent only b/c of the B's mostly terrible history against them.)

But I do think Kovalev is gonna burn someone--and probably b/c most teams will consider him soft and pay him little attention...he's still got the skills and a pretty scary shot, even if his legs aren't what they were. He's a little like Ryder in that he 's capable of being a sniper--you just never know when or if it'll happen...until it does.

Point taken on Fleury, btw...whereas TT seems to thrive on facing a ton of shots, Fleury seems to get worn down by the barrage.