Krejci call????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Krejci call????

anyone?? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Krejci call????

overreaction..gone are the days of the big hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Wasn't an elbow, but point of contact was the head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

ive seen boychuk deliver that hit 7 times

without a penalty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

vcec , did you ever play at this level ?  Just too fast and the follow through has Bergeron's elbow going up.  That's what the ref sees and not that it was the shoulder.Sensitive subject and most of the time they call it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci call????:
    [QUOTE]vcec , did you ever play at this level ?  Just too fast and the follow through has Bergeron's elbow going up.  That's what the ref sees and not that it was the shoulder.Sensitive subject and most of the time they call it.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

just asking for opinions.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Guess it wasnt as bad as the radio guys said it was

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

he never came back out after..........i'm worried

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

a perfect hockey hit on a player looking down at the puck while gathering it and skating.

exactly like Boychuck on Gagne game 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? : just asking for opinions.........
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

Not trying to offend you. I play hockey still today bit not at that level.  Refs have a hard read on that play.
    I just hope Krejci is ok.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? : Not trying to offend you. I play hockey still today bit not at that level.  Refs have a hard read on that play. I just hope Krejci is ok.

tx, not offended at all. just soliciting feedback

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

hes on the bench now so thats good

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As BsL points out. Refs are over sensitive to these hits.  Tbay got away with a few calls as well.  Roli playing the puck in the no-no zone.
    It was a clean hit. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? : Not trying to offend you. I play hockey still today bit not at that level.  Refs have a hard read on that play. I just hope Krejci is ok.

I agree, i think we got the call, just because he followed through with his elbow.  If he kept his arms down, then no penalty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I so don't understand the new headshot rule. TSN was saying since it was a north south hit, no suspension and should not have been a penalty, but the same hit east west would be a penalty and deserve a suspension. What would be the difference in terms of physical effects?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And just on this topic.  DK has to know these types of hits are gonna happen.  Smarten up DK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

red,
    I think its all about the blindside.   And to be honest.  Those bozo's don't know.  Lord the league doesnt know either

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well just so long as NO ONE has a bloody clue. They really have to clarify this rule.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

red,
    I have more trust in you making the correct call.  they seriously have no idea.  I have seen hits I thought for sure would be a suspension and then shake my head at ones that are. 
    They are trying to take head shots out.  Problem is they getting rid of good clean hockey hits

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Shupe, thanks for the vote of cofidence, but I'm pretty sure that Kelly Fraser is happy he's retired now, because even he couldn't make sense of this mess.

Let's say Chara checks St. Louis north south while Z's arms are in front of his chest while making a hockey play. Odds are Z's arms are going to hit st Louis in the head, due to the foot in height difference. Now an arm to the head is supposed to be a suspension (maybe, sorta, sometimes) In this case is that a penalty? A minor or major? A mach penalty? A suspension? Or nothing?

The NHL has done a bloody mess of making sense of what the new rule means and how it is supposed to be enforced.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Actually red,
    StLouis would hit Chara's knee but i understand where you are coming from.  I thought the Torres hit on Eberle was clean.  Torres wasnt playing the puck.  He wanted to hit the man who leaned fwd exposing his head. 
    The victims are just as guilty in many cases as the hitter.  What the heck is DK doing skating backwards up the ice to start.  When was he ever taught that?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted."

I think the play will get reviewed but I don't think Murphy will give a suspension out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought it was a perfectly clean hit.  Bad call.

If it makes you feel any better Roloson played the puck outside of the trapazoid during the PP, with the ref watching, and he just swallowed the whistle.  Refs even things up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I agree, refs are so inconsistent, and for that reason players will keep trying stuff

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Absolutely not an elbowing penalty.  And the league has been allowing the Nick Kronwall" "jumping into players" (should be called charging penalties) for quite awhile.

That hit was another function of the Darth Vader style shoulder pads from 2011 making the hit more damaging than it should be.  No elbow, referees overreacting to shots near the head.

And David simply has to have his head up on that play. Legal hit, a hockey play.