Krug getting consideration for U.S. Olympic team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Krug getting consideration for U.S. Olympic team.

"Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma, who will coach the United States Olympic team in Russia in February, said that Torey Krug's fine play has not gone unnoticed by the American team's braintrust.

"He has been mentioned and talked about a little bit based on how he's played and the start he's had and what he's done so far. We've had a lot of people out watching hockey games live and on tape. We certainly have made note of how he's been playing,'' Bylsma said.

Heading into Monday night's game, Krug was fourth on the Bruins in scoring with 6 goals and 14 points in 23 games."

I agree, Krug has played himself into consideration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Krug getting consideration for U.S. Olympic team.

He's played well, but I'd be shocked/pleasantly suprised if he made the team or even taxi squad. He only got 3 shifts in the 3rd period last night in a game where Boychuk left early.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

(Krug in OT) "HEY DAN!  WATCH THIS!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's played well, but I'd be shocked/pleasantly suprised if he made the team or even taxi squad. He only got 3 shifts in the 3rd period last night in a game where Boychuk left early.

[/QUOTE]

He's got great offensive instincts and I hope his D continues to improve. I'm with you though. He's going to have trouble making the U.S. squad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's got great offensive instincts and I hope his D continues to improve. I'm with you though. He's going to have trouble making the U.S. squad.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. As well as he's played I don't think he goes this time around. Good on him if he does though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

After seeing him get burned by Dorsett, I hope to Christ he isn't on the team.

He may turn into quite an awesome defenseman, but for now, there are a lot of things he needs to learn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Krug will be on the US team 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd be shocked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Taxi squad maybe - I could see him make it if there are injuries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

UI hate this when they do this to a kid, usa consideration, i am reading about how krug has a chance for the foa scoring record for rookie D for the Bs and (23) by a D.

Let him play without all the hype and if it happens he will deserve it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Let's see what we're looking at here for possibilities:

Suter

Yandle

McDonagh

J. Johnson

Shattenkirk

Orpik

Faulk

E. Johnson

Fowler

Carlson

Carle

Martin

S. Jones?

Without some injuries, I think Krug has a very hard time breaking into the top 6-8 on that list.  When you think about facing the forwards of Canada, Russia, Swedan, etc., you've got to have very solid defenders out there first and foremost.  And the PP unit already has guys like Yandle and Shattenkirk to look at.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's see what we're looking at here for possibilities:

Suter

Yandle

McDonagh

J. Johnson

Shattenkirk

Orpik

Faulk

E. Johnson

Fowler

Carlson

Carle

Martin

S. Jones?

Without some injuries, I think Krug has a very hard time breaking into the top 6-8 on that list.  When you think about facing the forwards of Canada, Russia, Swedan, etc., you've got to have very solid defenders out there first and foremost.  And the PP unit already has guys like Yandle and Shattenkirk to look at.

[/QUOTE]

Well Martin's out with a broken leg, so the list shortens.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2189

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=693084

Now that my delirious, Kool-Aid carrying crush for Krug on the US squad has passed. I really want Byfuglien on the roster. I want Dustin's offense and no fear attitude as well cruising that open ice.

I don't think Jack Johnson makes this team.

Thoughts Fletch ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now that my delirious, Kool-Aid carrying crush for Krug on the US squad has passed. I really want Byfuglien on the roster. I want Dustin's offense and no fear attitude as well cruising that open ice.

Thoughts Fletch ?

[/QUOTE]

Byfuglien is a great option for the US - but he can very much be a defensive liability giving up odd rushes the opposite direction, so Team USA is going to want to make sure they partner him with their best shutdown guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thoughts Fletch ?

[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good call.  Forgot about Big Buff.  I'm still not sure about his skating and mobility facing all-star forwards on every shift, but he also brings a few dimensions (NPI) that other guys don't.

The other guy I've possibly overlooked is Bogosian...red...?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He got off to a solid start, and I was impressed with how much better his two-way game has evolved, very solid both offensively and defensively. But he slowed down majorly at the start of Novemeber and he's now out indefinitely with a groin injury (my guess is that he had strained his groin but didn't let on, hence the slow down, and then he really screwed it up). Don't think you want to count on him for this season. I have no doubt he'll be there in 2018, but injuries are starting to derail this season for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He got off to a solid start, and I was impressed with how much better his two-way game has evolved, very solid both offensively and defensively. But he slowed down majorly at the start of Novemeber and he's now out indefinitely with a groin injury (my guess is that he had strained his groin but didn't let on, hence the slow down, and then he really screwed it up). Don't think you want to count on him for this season. I have no doubt he'll be there in 2018, but injuries are starting to derail this season for him.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think NHL players will be in the Olympics in 2018.  I don't believe the NHL wanted them there this year, but Ovechkin and his commie buddies basically threatened to leave the NHL to play in it. 

And I'm all for it.  The World Cup will be played in the US or Canada, which means we won't have stupid start times to deal with again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think NHL players will be in the Olympics in 2018.  I don't believe the NHL wanted them there this year, but Ovechkin and his commie buddies basically threatened to leave the NHL to play in it. 

And I'm all for it.  The World Cup will be played in the US or Canada, which means we won't have stupid start times to deal with again.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough - I should have qualified my statement with if they go in 2018. The next games are in South Korea so a 7pm game there would be a 2 am game out here on the West Coast. If they held the games early in the day (Say 9 am and 12 pm) it would be reasonable for the NA market, otherwise it'd be the screwiest since Nagano.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fair enough - I should have qualified my statement with if they go in 2018. The next games are in South Korea so a 7pm game there would be a 2 am game out here on the West Coast. If they held the games early in the day (Say 9 am and 12 pm) it would be reasonable for the NA market, otherwise it'd be the screwiest since Nagano.

[/QUOTE]

No one really cares about the west coast.  It's all about the Eastern time zone.  Boston, New York, Toronto, Montreal, Philly, Pittsburgh, D.C., Sunrise.  You know, all the important hockey cities.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No one cares about Sunrise for TV - everyone's so bloody old they can't see the screen anymore.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes playing great but the US team def is pretty darn solid.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Shupe, I'm just enjoying the fact that he's played well enough for some consideration. High praise for a young player whether he makes it or not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] No one cares about Sunrise for TV - everyone's so bloody old they can't see the screen anymore.[/QUOTE]

and the rednecks are out wrasalin gators.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Shupe, I'm just enjoying the fact that he's played well enough for some consideration. High praise for a young player whether he makes it or not.

[/QUOTE]

I call him a poor mans rafalski.  Hes been a pleasant surprise.   Partnered with the right guy hes gonna be really fun to watch.  Love his instincts to jump into the play.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I call him a poor mans rafalski.  Hes been a pleasant surprise.   Partnered with the right guy hes gonna be really fun to watch.  Love his instincts to jump into the play.  

[/QUOTE]

That's almost the best part shupe.  He is fun to watch.  The Bruins are plugging away efficiently this year, no big issues, no controversies, no hat tricks, few fights, etc.  They're kinda...boring.  

In the regular season anyhow.  Watching Krug and Smith play has been one of the few things that is actually interesting with this team.  I love watching good skaters too, probably more than other skill sets.  Krug is a pretty raw player, but his skating (and shot) is pretty spectacular.