Language barrier?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Language barrier?

I read somewhere that Soderberg doesn't speak english.  It looks like Rask is talking to him in a picture on the Bruins Blog.  I wonder how many people on the team will be able to effectively communicate with Soderberg.

It seems like it would be distracting for Rask to be an interpreter as well as the goalie during a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: Language barrier?

The language of love...of hockey!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rask is Finnish and Sods Swedish. Their native tongues are similar but different.

It is more likely he speaks some English...and, indeed, most Swedes do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

My wife spent years in Finland, she said most Finns know how to speak Swedish. 

jm, she says the languages are very different.  Actually, Finnish is closer to Hungarian or something.

I have to take her word for it, since I have a tough time with my first language :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

89 per cent of Swedes speak English. Most of those who don't were born before WWII - English has been a mandatory subject in Swedish high schools for decades. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least speak some English.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Babajingo's comment:

My wife spent years in Finland, she said most Finns know how to speak Swedish. 

jm, she says the languages are very different.  Actually, Finnish is closer to Hungarian or something.

I have to take her word for it, since I have a tough time with my first language :)

Fair enough.

My wife is Norwegian and I asked her advice about it, obviously a little faulty.

What do Norwegians know about Swedes and Finns anyaway......lol!

Thanks for the info.

Cheers