last 3 minutes of a game ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

last 3 minutes of a game ?

If the teams are tied with aprox. 3 to 5 mins. left in the game. It seems to me the two teams go to certain code stop playing, play a shut down, and wait for OT or the shoot out.

(A) get rid of the OT and SO and go back to tie game and both teams settle for a pt. each

(B) Or a winning team gets 3 pts. this will make a tie gm. late in the 3rd period hell of lot more exciting. Not watching players waiting for OT.

Not to sure about stats but i am thinking that since the league started this OT and SO system, their probably is more teams settling with a tie and going into the new OT/SO for the victory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: last 3 minutes of a game ?

Going back to a tie is the same thing, last 3 to 5 minutes in a game they skate for a tie. I hate the one point for an over time loss, the only time you see a team really go for the win is in late season when there trying to make the playoffs.
    As it is now, the last 3 to 5 minutes there always playing for the tie, id rather see it go 4 on 4 until someone scores and no loss points. If you wanna see this happen in reasonable time, then the refs have to stop putting the whistle away in OT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the teams are tied with aprox. 3 to 5 mins. left in the game. It seems to me the two teams go to certain code stop playing, play a shut down, and wait for OT or the shoot out.

(A) get rid of the OT and SO and go back to tie game and both teams settle for a pt. each

(B) Or a winning team gets 3 pts. this will make a tie gm. late in the 3rd period hell of lot more exciting. Not watching players waiting for OT.

Not to sure about stats but i am thinking that since the league started this OT and SO system, their probably is more teams settling with a tie and going into the new OT/SO for the victory.

[/QUOTE]

I like either idea.  (A) is simple.  (B) would alter the pts set up but the current one rewards a losing team.  

My (C) and (D) options

(C).  Reduce the season to 70 games- would never happen bc of greedy owners

(D).  Go 3 on 3 in OT for 10 mins.  No shoot out.  If there is a penalty it goes to a 4 on 3.  If 2 penalties it goes to a 5 on 3.  if there is no winner both teams rewarded 1 pt.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like either idea.  (A) is simple.  (B) would alter the pts set up but the current one rewards a losing team.  

My (C) and (D) options

(C).  Reduce the season to 70 games- would never happen bc of greedy owners

(D).  Go 3 on 3 in OT for 10 mins.  No shoot out.  If there is a penalty it goes to a 4 on 3.  If 2 penalties it goes to a 5 on 3.  if there is no winner both teams rewarded 1 pt.  

[/QUOTE]
    Your option D is the best one I've heard proposed so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't like 3 on 3, ties or the shootout.

I say 4 on 4 for 10 minutes.  If no winner, tie game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree entirely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Option X: No line changes.  Each team puts out 5 skaters and a goalie before the opening faceoff and those players will decide the game.  And yes, they'll get tired and that will make it harder to score as they fade back to protect the net.  So - at the four minute mark and every four minutes of playing time thereafter, you realease a rabid badger on the ice.  To avoid a public relations nightmare, players are not allowed to touch the badger with their sticks or skates.  Doing so results in a game misconduct.

Game only ends in a tie when there are more badgers than capable players on the ice.

NHLPA mandates rabies shots.

Option SanDog: replace water in water bottles with Jameson's.  Play until no one can stand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I  think I give Dez the edge on this book, just barely. Animal rights ya know

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No points for a tie.  OT for 10 minutes only.  3 on 3 is fine.  Afterwards let the team ice girls play for entertainment and the owners pocketbook. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerLT. Show RogerLT's posts

no points for a tie would surely make both teams go all out for the full 5 or 10 mins it would also eliminate that pesky 3rd point they give out now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This would be the ideal. Switch sides so that both have the long change too.

If they absolutelty must have no ties, then go with the SO gimmick. But change the points to 3 for wins in regulation or in OT, with 2 for SO winner and 1 for SO loser. But I'd prefer no shootouts except at the ASG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

If teams do go into OT the owners see $$$$$$$ how many more beers can we sale in five minutes.