Last minute of the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Last minute of the game

How many times has this team been burnt by a chintzy call in the last minute of the game, By no means am  I whining , they were locking it down pretty good,  you just had a feeling Buffalo was going to pop one there, on rhe late PP It would have been good for the mentality of the team to hang onto the lead there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Last minute of the game

We've lived with awful refs for years... tonight was noticeably bad not only for what got called but also what did not. We still control our destiny if want first place in the division

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

We've lived with awful refs for years... tonight was noticeably bad not only for what got called but also what did not. We still control our destiny if want first place in the division

Explain to me how a standard, no interpretation rule like flipping it over the glass = a penalty... a penalty this gutless bunch has already blown games over this year... IS THE REFS FAULT?

The excuses... OMG.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

...We still control our destiny if want first place in the division

That is, of course, if this team finally decides that they want to play. They surely didn't look like it tonight, and they should never let it come down to the final minute to be burned by a bad call.
    Ah, yes, Mr. Julien - "defense first, defense is everything". Can't we just try to put a team like the Sabres away instead of trying to protect a small lead and fall flat on our faces again? (Not that it hadn't happened before, right?)
    This team is back to its insanely inconsistent ways of 2010. They're currently on a "wonderful" three-game losing streak (against NHL "superpowers" like the Isles, 'Canes and Sabres), and on a night like this when they should have blown the opposing team away, they played with a woeful indifference.
    I am really starting to think that 2011 was an aberration.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

It reminded me a lot of the game against Montreal that they lost in the shoot out recently. A hot goalie can always keep his team in a game and the Sabres hung around long enough to finally tie it. The Looch 4 minute penalty really hurt even though they killed it off they never got into a rhythm in the third because they were killing too many penalties. They struggled to get the puck out of their own zone either by poor execution or a lucky bounce here or there or justa good play by the Sabres. The Bruins players also need to shoot more when its a 2 on 1 or they have an open shot not try to make the pretty pass. They're thinking too much and gripping their stick way too tight. They seem a step slow the schedule is wearing them down. Despite all that, because they are a talented team they could have won the game. Maybe Soderberg can give them a spark.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Its called choking.  No confidence.  Ferrence had time to settle the puck down yet he panicks and flips it over the glass.  The rest of the game was predicatable.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

That is, of course, if this team finally decides that they want to play. They surely didn't look like it tonight, and they should never let it come down to the final minute to be burned by a bad call.

HOW IS IT A BAD CALL??????????????

Flip over glass = penalty.  PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the aberration part. This team's DNA from several years back = choke, no heart, gutless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Brickley:  "Three awful calls" early on.

Yep.

Hard to pull away when the officials are that bad. Oh well. 

Blaming the refs. I. Can't. Stand. it.

The awful call, like the one on Marchand, didnt cost the team anything. What did?

Goal #1- Bruins fail to clear the blue line. Puck kept in. Vanek, for some reason, is open again. GOAL. By the worst PP team against the best PK team. Uh... choke.

Goal #2.- Bruins properly called for penalty for flipping the puck out of the rink. Correct call 100%. They have blown games on this call already- they should know the rule. Faceoff lost by Faceoff Boy Bergeron. Sure glad he's back for those big plays.  Vanek get the puck. GOAL.  Thats right GOAL. By the bad PP team. Against the great PK team. With 26 seconds left. Again.

Choke.

Gutless.

Heartless cowards.

Nice job pulling on the hearts of the city guys... made us proud. No emotion there.

Garbage.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Yep.

The awful call, like the one on Marchand, didnt cost the team anything. What did?

Goal #1- Bruins fail to clear the blue line. Puck kept in. Vanek, for some reason, is open again. GOAL. By the worst PP team against the best PK team. Uh... choke.

Goal #2.- Bruins properly called for penalty for flipping the puck out of the rink. Correct call 100%. They have blown games on this call already- they should know the rule. Faceoff lost by Faceoff Boy Bergeron. Sure glad he's back for those big plays.  Vanek get the puck. GOAL.  Thats right GOAL. By the bad PP team. Against the great PK team. With 26 seconds left. Again.

Choke.

Gutless.

Heartless cowards.

Nice job pulling on the hearts of the city guys... made us proud. No emotion there.

Garbage.

Thinking you've a little to much tonight SoxFan? The reality is the Bruins are in 1st in their Division. Yes tied in pts but still in 1st

They have time to get back to playoff style game. I too believe they're playing to light on the puck, however need to be in playoff form soon.

Yes tonight should have been a blow out! Hits should have come hard and often. Style of game changes in a shortened season to preserve the bodies until the REAL season starts

Then we all will be p!ssed if the Bruins don't play Bruin hockey

Clearly you have passion for this team and you may regret all your commets tonight, my fellow Bruin fan.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

Yep.

Choke.

Gutless.

Heartless cowards.

Garbage.

Thinking you've a little to much tonight SoxFan? The reality is the Bruins are in 1st in their Division. Yes tied in pts but still in 1st

They have time to get back to playoff style game. I too believe they're playing to light on the puck, however need to be in playoff form soon.

Yes tonight should have been a blow out! Hits should have come hard and often. Style of game changes in a shortened season to preserve the bodies until the REAL season starts

Then we all will be p!ssed if the Bruins don't play Bruin hockey

Clearly you have passion for this team and you may regret all your commets tonight, my fellow Bruin fan.

Honestly, I wish I had the ability to put my head in the sand and believe whatever rose-colored koolaide youve been sipping. Its gotta be easier on the blood pressure.

But you have to have been watching this team the last couple months. They are horrible. Milan Lucic is a 4th line slug with no goals and no hits. Nathan Horton is a ghost. Krecji cant do anything with jagr, even though they try. Marchands stint as a scorer is over. The Blewits missed Bergeron's on ice presence so much, he got back in time to blow the biggest faceoff of the season. The goaltending is C grade. The defense is worse. CJ has completely lost it. The team cant score a goal and cant even figure out what side of the rink to be in for a power play. They are a gutless, spineless, cowardly bunch of losers who crack at the sight of pressure or a lead late in a game. They couldnt hit my sister.

This is a terrible, embarrassing hockey team who is only where they are in the standings due to a mirage of empty lucky early season wins when all the teams were flakey.

They will lose the first 4 games of the playoffs, hopefully quickly, hopefully by a lopsided score so we can get some real players in this town. The city deserves it.

I cannot stand to even think these clowns are what we are calling "Bruins" in my lifetime. Garbage.

Smartest Man in North America? Jerome Iginla.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

HOW IS IT A BAD CALL??????????????

Flip over glass = penalty.  PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the aberration part. This team's DNA from several years back = choke, no heart, gutless.

My point was that they should have put the Sabres away and avoid a situation where a possible questionable call can kill you. I didn't argue the call.

Julien's stubbornness is driving me nuts. And I don't want to read anymore of this "but they are 1st in their division" crap. THEY LOST 3 GAMES IN A ROW AGAINST MEDIOCRE TEAMS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

They had a BIG reason to WIN tonight and still have 6 games to go back to "ice-napping" and nursing their bodies for the playoffs.

No they didn't. They have a big need to get rested and healthy. The important games start in May.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I

Honestly, I wish I had the ability to put my head in the sand and believe whatever rose-colored koolaide youve been sipping. Its gotta be easier on the blood pressure.

But you have to have been watching this team the last couple months. They are horrible. Milan Lucic is a 4th line slug with no goals and no hits. Nathan Horton is a ghost. Krecji cant do anything with jagr, even though they try. Marchands stint as a scorer is over. The Blewits missed Bergeron's on ice presence so much, he got back in time to blow the biggest faceoff of the season. The goaltending is C grade. The defense is worse. CJ has completely lost it. The team cant score a goal and cant even figure out what side of the rink to be in for a power play. They are a gutless, spineless, cowardly bunch of losers who crack at the sight of pressure or a lead late in a game. They couldnt hit my sister.

This is a terrible, embarrassing hockey team who is only where they are in the standings due to a mirage of empty lucky early season wins when all the teams were flakey.

They will lose the first 4 games of the playoffs, hopefully quickly, hopefully by a lopsided score so we can get some real players in this town. The city deserves it.

I cannot stand to even think these clowns are what we are calling "Bruins" in my lifetime. Garbage.

Smartest Man in North America? Jerome Iginla.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should head to the nearest Home Decor store, purchase the most inexpensive White towel and THROW IT IN?

Ya I've witnessed their lack luster performance for over 25 yrs. This year is worse. We have higher expectations now that they won the Cup recently.

This is a shortened season, make the playoffs and then play Bruin/Playoff hockey

We can then get p!ssed if things continue down this road

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

Perhaps you should head to the nearest Home Decor store, purchase the most inexpensive White towel and THROW IT IN?

Ya I've witnessed their lack luster performance for over 25 yrs. This year is worse. We have higher expectations now that they won the Cup recently.

This is a shortened season, make the playoffs and then play Bruin/Playoff hockey

We can then get p!ssed if things continue down this road

Or, we can enjoy the game of hockey and remember that they can't win the Cup every year.  I like when then win, but when they lose a close game, I don't need people to keep sharp objects from me. 

If this team loses in the first round of the playoffs, what's the response here?  "I told you so" seems to be getting set up all over the place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This is officially the worst thread of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Firstly, last night was NOT a regular game. If you don't understand that, then you are buried so far into your armchairs you can't even change the channel.

You can't appreciate a team so emotionally charged they can barely hold onto their sticks? That desperately wanted a win for a city they apparently love? A team that is now in 1st place because of the game last night? Who played in a great game of hockey, even though they lost?

Muster enough strength armchair "fans".. to change the channel.