Last year's Campbell, please...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Last year's Campbell, please...

Among a number of guys who have been very, very quiet in the past few months, I am really noticing that Campbell seems to be noticeably less effective than last year.  I would go so far as to say that last year he was a real difference maker for this team.  He led that 4th line to be one that many people called the 'best 4th line in the NHL".  Timely goals, face-off wins, fights, etc.  This year he seems very average and insignificant, and I feel like other team's 4th lines are outplaying ours.

Can we somehow get last year's Campbell back?

(Prove me wrong today, Gregory...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Last year's Campbell, please...

In Response to Last year's Campbell, please...:
    [QUOTE]Among a number of guys who have been very, very quiet in the past few months, I am really noticing that Campbell seems to be noticeably less effective than last year.  I would go so far as to say that last year he was a real difference maker for this team.  He led that 4th line to be one that many people called the 'best 4th line in the NHL".  Timely goals, face-off wins, fights, etc.  This year he seems very average and insignificant, and I feel like other team's 4th lines are outplaying ours. Can we somehow get last year's Campbell back? (Prove me wrong today, Gregory...)
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Fletch, he's been invisible more games than not. I'm not really seeing a place for him on next year's squad unless he improves dramatically the rest of the way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i have been noticing this as well, he is (like many others) doing nothing but skating around and not hitting anyone or creating chances

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, the 4th line center position on the Bruins has been a revolving door for the better part of a decade, but last year I though 'wow, maybe it would make sense to sign Campbell to a 3 or 4 year deal to stabilize that position'.  Not so sure this year.  He doesn't hit anymore, doesn't seem to engage as much, and offers no offensive punch.  A big difference from last year, IMO. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Surprising as well is it's Greg's contract year and he's been offered a contract. I'd like to see some fight in him today for sure as he has had any lately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Could it be Claude Julien syndrome?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Last year's Campbell, please...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Last year's Campbell, please... : Yeah Fletch, he's been invisible more games than not. I'm not really seeing a place for him on next year's squad unless he improves dramatically the rest of the way.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I have to agree here, he hasn't really popped in the odd timely goal like last year and hasn't seemed to be as physically involved.I'm sure a 4th line center spot could be given to someone from Providence or maybe this opens up a roster spot for Carl Soderberg.(;