Leafs/Habs Envious of Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Leafs/Habs Envious of Bruins

One of those thumbs up was from me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

It's a beautiful thing............especially when you live with all the rabbid Leafs fans around you. I do think they (Leaf fans) are finally starting to see that Burke is not the oracle they all thought he might be.

As for the Habs.......they seemed to have gone into the dumps right after they beat the Bruins last time around. It will get ugly in Montreal if it continues.......which is just fine by me. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i don't know where you guys live, but i'm surrounded by habs fans. they are not envious of us. they are the most cocky fans out there. even 2 years ago when the b's were dominating the league, they still thought they had a better team than we did. we won 4-0 in the playoffs and they were arguing with me that we got lucky in that series and it could've gone either way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Remember , Burke said if he had the trade to do all over again he'd do it in a heartbeat. It must be hard for some people to admit they were wrong. Espescially an egomaniac.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I worked with Leaf fans they quite cocky in October. The wheel has turn and things are quite quiet. My wife is from a family of Quebec culture; her brothers and in laws are not cocky one bit. They do respect the the Bruins with hatred and myself is the same to the Habs. Bruins and Habs playoffs will always be the best hockey in my books. They my Quebec relatives told through the holidays that Burke made a bad move giving up 2 1st rds. they said "kessel is a bum and too one dimensional." I won't be cocky about the deal but am very content with it. I am hoping that thier is way we can get the proper 1st rd. pick to d man Larson from Sweden. Then i will get my own t shirt made saying thank you Kessel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Goodnewsbears and Boboreilly, I used to live in Montreal and you two just pointed out the two types of Habs fans that exist. Yes, there are only two. The crazies are those who are ridiculously arrogant, only follow the Habs, and are more condescending towards the rest of the league than is imaginable. They are what Goodnewsbears speaks of. Boboreilly refers to the knowledgable hockey fan one would expect to have developed as a result of the Habs' history. This Hab fan is amongst the most knowledgable fan in terms of the Habs, the league, strategy, and hockey history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lots of Hab fans know the game.  More than most fan-bases, I would argue, and they're light years ahead of Leaf Nation - those lunatics who will say things like "you don't see the great defensemen like Orr, Harvey, or Salming any more."  The arrogant version of Hab fan is just the homer moron punch drunk on the fact his home team has an impressive history that continues to recede into the past - into the "what have you done the last two decades?" past.

Typing that made me think. Habs last won in 1993.  Bruins in 1972.  21 year difference.  In three years, the Habs' drought will be as long as the Bruin drought was when the Habs last won a Cup, and it felt like forever even then.  Anyone really think the Habs will avoid that feeling?  We can't exactly throw stones over Cup droughts, but that storied history grows less and less relevant to the Habs today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs/Habs Envious of Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Lots of Hab fans know the game.  More than most fan-bases, I would argue, and they're light years ahead of Leaf Nation - those lunatics who will say things like "you don't see the great defensemen like Orr, Harvey, or Salming any more."  The arrogant version of Hab fan is just the homer moron punch drunk on the fact his home team has an impressive history that continues to recede into the past - into the "what have you done the last two decades?" past. Typing that made me think. Habs last won in 1993.  Bruins in 1972.  21 year difference.  In three years, the Habs' drought will be as long as the Bruin drought was when the Habs last won a Cup, and it felt like forever even then.  Anyone really think the Habs will avoid that feeling?  We can't exactly throw stones over Cup droughts, but that storied history grows less and less relevant to the Habs today.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

habs history is just that, history. it's like i tell my habs "friends" when they go on and on about 24 cups, they've won 2 in the last 30 years 'cause they had pat roy and he ain't coming back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Larsson was a force in the world juniors game yesterday against Russia. He was quite impressive.

I thought Seguin had a very nice game again last night. He probably should have scored in the second on that long Chara rebound. He was active and very confident also making good reads in terms of passing. The goal was probably his fault not recognizing that Seidenberg had pinched which he shouldnt have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

can't we all just shout together F*** the habs- there now i feel better...as for the leafs, anything that comes from that camp is just comical-they remind me of the bengals of the nfl--hahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Habs will be there when the playoffs start and can dispense of any team in the top 5 except Philly. At least they have a GM that recognizes things (needing a mobile defenseman) then acts quickly. Right now I would say that Montreal would take the Bruins in a 7 game series if it started today. I'm envious of there speed which is how they would have the advantage over the Bruins in a playoff series.

Great points on Habs fans still grasping onto the 70s, 60s and 50s plus 1993 is true it's fading and fast! As far as the Laffs "Thank you Kessel!" "Thank you Brian!"....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

You have to hand it to the Toronto players and coaching staff, because they play hard very night. Trouble is they simply don't have the talent to keep up, and effort only gets you so far at the pro level.

No surprise that they *may* be jealous of what the Bruins have going. The Bs have plenty of talent currently on the ice, a solid feeder system that gives them the likes of Rask/Marchand/Caron/McQuaid, an above-average remaining stock of players in development, and good draft picks in the next couple years. The Leafs? Not so much.

As for the Habs fans...any objectivity or intelligence with 90% of their fan base gets completely overshadowed, for me, by the absolute rubbish of the remaining 10%. Every team has obnoxious fans....but the Bruins' worst don't soundly boo anthems, steal memorabilia from a widow's car, show up to games in blackface to taunt their own player, riot and torch the town after wins AND losses, and otherwise turn their nose up at anyone that doesn't wear the home colors.

Unfortunately. the Canadiens' bottom 10% fans ruin it for the rest of them, while every other team's bottom 10% are just a small nuisance. It's really too bad, because the town is so hockey-centric it could be a wonderful atmosphere. Instead, it's a circus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

...that said, I actually think the +103 rating on that comment likely has more to do with fan disgust at their own team/Burke than jealousy of anything positive the Bruins have going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of Hab fans know the game.  More than most fan-bases, I would argue, and they're light years ahead of Leaf Nation - those lunatics who will say things like "you don't see the great defensemen like Orr, Harvey, or Salming any more."  The arrogant version of Hab fan is just the homer moron punch drunk on the fact his home team has an impressive history that continues to recede into the past - into the "what have you done the last two decades?" past. Typing that made me think. Habs last won in 1993.  Bruins in 1972.  21 year difference.  In three years, the Habs' drought will be as long as the Bruin drought was when the Habs last won a Cup, and it felt like forever even then.  Anyone really think the Habs will avoid that feeling?  We can't exactly throw stones over Cup droughts, but that storied history grows less and less relevant to the Habs today.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Where I live book....the majority of hab fans are of the arrogant variety,and 2 of them are,....I would say....quite classy,and I personally know hundreds of hab fans. I am constantly reminded of the fire trap hanging from the rafters of the Bell Centre Lol!...and as a Bruin fan....what is most painful.....I have no comeback.....none of us do. Untill the Boston Bruins win a Championship......we will still be reminded of the Ghost's of the forum. I was only 11 years old the last time Boston won the cup, I really want that felling of euphoria, at least once before I die!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This from a Leafs fan...seriously.

"After the draft this year, the Bruins are going to fire Chiarelli and bring in Brian Burke.  That was their plan all along.  He's from New England, and they would have hired him before, but they didn't have a good enough team to satisfy his ego, so they cooked up this plan...".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Leafs/Habs Envious of Bruins:
    [QUOTE]"God it must be good to be a Bruins fan not only is your team good but you also have a good future with future stars coming from a bad decision made by Burke." This comment received an outrageous rating of +103 on TSN.ca following tonight's 2-1 win against the Leafs (it was also the most popular). If, as suggested (and likely true), TSN.ca is dominated by Leafs and Habs fans, there are four conclusions that can be drawn: 1) They both wish they had our team 2) There is some objectivity among those fan bases 3) Kessel-trade evaluation officially done; Leafs fans pretty much know they got hosed and PC records TKO 4) 80% of this board needs to calm their shi*
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

DC...anyone who thinks people are "envious" of the Bruins is completely out of their mind.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!! Envious of a team that hasn't won anything since the early 70's?? Envious of a mediocre team that has die-hards that blindly worship the team no matter what? Whatever makes you sleep better at night dude.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Leafs/Habs Envious of Bruins : DC...anyone who thinks people are "envious" of the Bruins is completely out of their mind.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!! Envious of a team that hasn't won anything since the early 70's?? Envious of a mediocre team that has die-hards that blindly worship the team no matter what? Whatever makes you sleep better at night dude.
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE]

Blindly worship? Dude, better read through these boards more carefully.

I always thought a fan should...you know...root for their favorite team and enjoy the entertainment of the game. Guess I'm not in touch with the modern fan and I should be angry all the time. Seems like a much more worthwhile and enjoyable way to spend my time. It works so well north of the border...they all seem to be having a grand ol' time. My wife will love that, too....and it will teach my daughter the importance of criticizing things more often instead of other lesser values. Thanks for the perspective.

Yeesh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Soccer boy why you so mad? I just clicked your profile to read your posts and everything you write is derogatory and negative towards the bruins. If you dont like the team why do you even post  here?

You must be one sad person to waste your time spewing hatred/negativity on only forums where no1 really cares what you write at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

habs are not the same since gorges is gone  1 win 3 losses   he was close to being a bruin he ;d be the perfect fit

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Link?  Obviously they are jealous of our success.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And the Leafs Fans will be even more upset when the Bruins will select in the top 5 next June (2011)

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Hockey Boy....if you don't like my posts, don't read them. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

WAIT THE HABS? weren't posted posting just a week ago about how the bruins could never hang in a 7 game series with teams like the "penguins, flyers and habs"...

Wierd...