Leafs Next..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Leafs Next..........

How sweet would a Seguin hat trick be ?? LOL Wink

but seriously ..........
    Who would you start in goal Thursday ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Leafs Next..........

Rask keep thomas fresh and sharp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Leafs Next..........:
    [QUOTE]How sweet would a Seguin hat trick be ?? LOL but seriously .......... Who would you start in goal Thursday ??????
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for the day when things are referred to as "The Seguin Trade."  Somehow, I think Rask faces the Leafs Thursday.  It would be 5 days between starts and perhaps Julien wants to keep his return to form going and give Thomas a breather.  I'd like to think an improved performance by the Bruins in front of him over their last game with Toronto will also help his cause.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

a win Thursday night would put a nail in the Leafs coffin

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Poor Leaf fans.  This whole "make an amazing run down the stretch but come up just short" routine has become a yearly affair for the Leafs.  With far more at stake for the Maple Leafs than the Bruins, it will be a chore for the Bruins to match the Leafs' intensity. 

I hope we get treated to another "Thank you Kessel" chant as Seguin gets a couple of points while Phil gets shut down.  That line is beginning to get some good chances, and Thursday night would be the perfect time to break out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Im thinking it will be Tuukka time.  Another solid game out of Seguin would be nice.  The kid is flying right now.  He has shown some major improvement over the past 10-15 games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Horton is going to POUND Dion! That guy is a pansy, first sucker punches Horton in the first fight, then keeps his visor on and slams Horton's face against the ice...We'll see Thursday if he is man enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Should be an entertaining one.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Certainly not an easy decision picking the starter, and there's good arguments both ways ~ but since TT is coming off a shutout, and a terrible outing the last time they played the Leafs, i would start Thomas.

Yes indeed Horton needs to take care of robo cop  ~ but the real question is will Phaneuf oblige ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

from a revenge standpoint yes horton should, from a playoff perspective its not worth the risk.  Even if he knocks him out but breaks his hand while doing it, its a loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Can anyone tell me--if Toronto finishes out of the playoffs--if there's any meaning to how high they finish on that outside bubble as it affects the #1 draft pick?

In other words, do the Bruins get just as good a chance at landing the pick in the first 5 even if the Leafs finish 9th instead of 10th, 11th, 12th, etc.?

Thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs Next..........:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone tell me--if Toronto finishes out of the playoffs--if there's any meaning to how high they finish on that outside bubble as it affects the #1 draft pick? In other words, do the Bruins get just as good a chance at landing the pick in the first 5 even if the Leafs finish 9th instead of 10th, 11th, 12th, etc.? Thanks!
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure this is accurate:
    So yes, it makes a difference, but it's not much.
    Edit:  oh, and they can only move up 5, so they'd have to get the 10th pick or better to end up in the top 5 still.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs Next.......... : I'm pretty sure this is accurate: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Draft-Lottery So yes, it makes a difference, but it's not much. Edit:  oh, and they can only move up 5, so they'd have to get the 10th pick or better to end up in the top 5 still.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Doc...
    But if I'm reading this right the Bruins have to hope 1) that Tor. obviously doesn't make the post-season and 2) even if they don't, the #1 pick won't be nearly as good a prospect this year...is that accurate?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

in my opinion, tuukka gets the start- his career numbers(albeit short) are unbelievable against the leafs- likes to play against the team that dealt him. meaning to me, IF the b's lose him someday, hope it's not to a team in our division- tuukka gets the start thursday, back to TT on saturday. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs Next.......... : Thanks, Doc... But if I'm reading this right the Bruins have to hope 1) that Tor. obviously doesn't make the post-season and 2) even if they don't, the #1 pick won't be nearly as good a prospect this year...is that accurate?
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    The Leafs making the playoffs would be a disaster for the pick - it would drop the pick another additional two places above what it would drop simply based on their record.

For #2, I think you need to clarify one thing: does #1 mean first round pick, or first overall?

If you mean first overall, then I've gotten the impression that the top prospects are not as good as Hall or Seguin this year, BUT I'm not a good person to judge that, you should see if you can find one of the Juniors threads floating around.

If you mean the Bruins' pick, then it is pretty much guaranteed to be worse than last year's.  I will say this, though, it seems they will be picking in a part of the draft where the ordering is not in consensus at all.  To me, this means they could get anything from a dud to a surprise performer.  I hope the scouts and Chiarelli do a good job, because picking a guy a few teams overlook would be great.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

lets put the leafs and there fans out of there misery

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs Next.......... : The Leafs making the playoffs would be a disaster for the pick - it would drop the pick another additional two places above what it would drop simply based on their record. For #2, I think you need to clarify one thing: does #1 mean first round pick, or first overall? If you mean first overall, then I've gotten the impression that the top prospects are not as good as Hall or Seguin this year, BUT I'm not a good person to judge that, you should see if you can find one of the Juniors threads floating around. If you mean the Bruins' pick, then it is pretty much guaranteed to be worse than last year's.  I will say this, though, it seems they will be picking in a part of the draft where the ordering is not in consensus at all.  To me, this means they could get anything from a dud to a surprise performer.  I hope the scouts and Chiarelli do a good job, because picking a guy a few teams overlook would be great.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

yeah, I meant the #1 ROUND pick. I realize there isn't a Hall or Seguin expected, but I agree that this would be a great time for the scouting dept. to step up and pick wisely from whatever is available. I think a 1st round draft pick from a team that's a DNQ should yield someone of value--and I'm hoping it further makes Tor. regret the Kessel deal, but we'll see.

As long as the Leafs don't make the playoffs I take it the Bruins have a decent shot at getting at least a very good player out of the pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Leafs Next..........:
    [QUOTE]How sweet would a Seguin hat trick be ?? LOL but seriously .......... Who would you start in goal Thursday ??????
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

Bruins have to beat the Leafs tomorrow,i can't stand them thats all anybody in this part of Canada talks about,when they beat Buffalo last night the fans acted like they won the cup,time to put them out of there misery,please,please Bruins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins will atone for their dreadful performance down at the ACC a couple of weeks ago.  I'd like to think they feel pretty good about themselves right now and want to keep that vibe going especially after dropping their last 2 games against the Leafs. 

With rookie Reimer, Toronto is playing with confidence and a possess a nothing-to-lose attitude.  Earlier in the week, Julien reiterated the Bruins can't get comfortable despite clinching a playoff spot. 

Let's hope their most recent meetings with the Leafs have alerted the B's to the fact they can't take them lightly and have to treat the game as having just as much importance to them as to Toronto.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins will atone for their dreadful performance down at the ACC a couple of weeks ago.  I'd like to think they feel pretty good about themselves right now and want to keep that vibe going especially after dropping their last 2 games against the Leafs.  With rookie Reimer, Toronto is playing with confidence and a possess a nothing-to-lose attitude.  Earlier in the week, Julien reiterated the Bruins can't get comfortable despite clinching a playoff spot.  Let's hope their most recent meetings with the Leafs have alerted the B's to the fact they can't take them lightly and have to treat the game as having just as much importance to them as to Toronto.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE] All the more reason to start Thomas ~

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I said it on the other post and I'll say it here; No excuses what's-so-ever !  they must demoralize them with a big score as they did to Montreal last week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed Legion. I am hoping for a 7-1 score but realistically I will take a win of any type. What should work in the B's favour is their humiliation and frustration from  the previous game against the Buds....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Bruins can clinch the Northeast Div,with a win tonight vs the leafs