leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?!

That is too much money for an often injured second liner. Some outrageous signings this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?!:
    [QUOTE]PC should have signed Ryder 6.5M for 2 years. He would have accepted. 3 years or more never, but  for 2 years it`s ok. Now it`s the new reality with the  64M. cap. And it will probably increase in the future. Wages in the sport never decreases. I know Chiarelli have some players to sign in the future. But the other teams too. With Savard out, he have 15M available. And if for Jacobs, 1 Stanley Cup every 40 years was enough!
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Hey D-B-a-g,

The B's won the Cup two weeks ago with Jacob's dime and the moves they've made so far have all made sense to the majority of us who know hockey.

Give the "Jacobs is the devil" routine a rest. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?! : Not sure about the 'Yankee' comparison, but in terms of the hockey world it's probably not too far off. Having said that, the leafs may rival the Yankees in terms of relative money making franchises (relative to the NHL that is) but nowhere near the success history. 
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

LRH - Good points all, as usual.  Having Connelly may perhaps allow Wilson to put Bozak in the 2 or 3 spot which is where he should be.  As recently as 2 years ago he had 65 points so who knows what this season will bring? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Talk radio in Toronto tomorrow should be really good for laughs.Those poor dumb leaf fans.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

john - From what I've heard on THE FAN 590, its been a mixed reaction of those who, not surprisingly, think the Connelly deal represents all that's wrong with hockey economics and Leaf management while some speculated on his potential positive impact if he can stay on the ice.  A lot of Buffalo residents called in and were howling at the money involved. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

this is an expensive bandaid nothing more!  Thats why the small 2 year term! Leafs dont care about 4.7mill!  Burkey is just pluggin a hole to by him some time until he can get who he wants! Its an easy contract to buy out and if need be IR would free up the cap space!
    Problem is the last few days has drove this market into a place that is rediculous!
    If Connolly is worth 4.7mill what the heck is Krejci worth next year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Toronto just got a lot softer to play against.

By the way, Timmy boy has not scored in his last 29 playoff games.....not that he has to worry about this playing with TO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I just heard the Leafs have traded D Brett Lebda and a minor league player to the Preds for C Matthew Lombardi and D Cody Franson.  I think I like this better than the Connelly deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?! : The drugs must be really really cheap up there.Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Yes they are and I used to shop Canadian pharma website but my advice to Burke would be to switch back to US drugs, more expensive but he'd stop overpaying for mediocre talent.

If this was a stop gap contract Arnott for cheaper but needed to pursade some Leaf fans (not you LRH) that he made a splash in free agency. Mr Burke you didn't fool me maybe the casual Toronto fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I just heard the Leafs have traded D Brett Lebda and a minor league player to the Preds for C Matthew Lombardi and D Cody Franson.  I think I like this better than the Connelly deal.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you RHO.

Pretty much got Franson for picking up Lombardi's contract.  I'm not sure Lombardi even plays given his injury history.

Good move for the Leafs.  If Lombardi plays at all, it's a bonus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?! : I think you nailed it with your stop-gap take.  I'd imagine he'll help mentor the Leafs' youth brigade of Bozak, Colborne, if he makes the club and Grabobski.  If he can stay healthy, Connelly should help but that's a massive if.  I heard him on THE FAN 590 today and he sounded chuffed to be a Leaf.  He likened it to playing for the Yankees.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Sure - like playing for the Yankees... only without the winning!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]PC should have signed Ryder 6.5M for 2 years. He would have accepted. 3 years or more never, but  for 2 years it`s ok. Now it`s the new reality with the  64M. cap. And it will probably increase in the future. Wages in the sport never decreases. I know Chiarelli have some players to sign in the future. But the other teams too. With Savard out, he have 15M available. And if for Jacobs, 1 Stanley Cup every 40 years was enough!
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

That $15M is questionable, though.  The current CBA ends after next season and there is talk the Cap might be coming down after that.  I heard Chiarelli on the radio a couple weeks ago alluding to that... so I wouldn't expect the Bruins to spend all of that available money on 2+ year signings heading into next season.

The good money is on them remaining about $4-6M under the cap and holding out to see how the new CBA shakes out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?! : That $15M is questionable, though.  The current CBA ends after next season and there is talk the Cap might be coming down after that.  I heard Chiarelli on the radio a couple weeks ago alluding to that... so I wouldn't expect the Bruins to spend all of that available money on 2+ year signings heading into next season. The good money is on them remaining about $4-6M under the cap and holding out to see how the new CBA shakes out.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

The last time the Bruins tried to predict what would happen when a new deal was stuck...the couldn't have been more wrong and it took 10 years to recover.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: leafs sign Tim Connolly for 9.5 for 2 years?! : Hey D-B-a-g, The B's won the Cup two weeks ago with Jacob's dime and the moves they've made so far have all made sense to the majority of us who know hockey. Give the "Jacobs is the devil" routine a rest. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Anyway, all the Frenchy of your team will go to Quebec in 2013 with the new Nordiques.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

[QUOTE]Burke has completely lost his marbles!
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

quick _ lets trade them Hamill for a first rounder!