LEAVE RASK ALONE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LEAVE RASK ALONE!!!

For all you Rask beaters! He's redeemed himself OK? The Philly series is D-E-A-D! The save in OT he made off the onetimer from Lupul is ranked up there with Vernon in 89' against the Canucks & Kirk McLean in 94' against the Flames. Both of these were in game 7's in OT. For those that never seen them here they are. Vernon actually made 3 huge saves in OT in that game. There's no small clips available for these so here's the link & plse go to the 4:08 mark and watch them. They're all amazing stops & what is defined as "clutch goaltending" at it's finest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lPxjqdszg- 4:08 mark Vernon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQ64bT5qGE- McLean

RESERVED FOR TUUKKA RASK!!! Waiting for the clip

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: LEAVE RASK ALONE!!!

The save was awesome Nite. No need to sell me on Rask. He's awesome. That performance will unfortunately put more money in his pocket at contract time though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

I wasn't all that impressed with him during the regular season. I saw what I thought were a lot of easy goals getting by him.

That said, he's certainly showing the right stuff at the right time.

I wonder how much $$ that's going to cost the Bruins..I guess he'll be up to a minimum of $5 mio next season? Term of 3-5 years make sense?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The save was awesome Nite. No need to sell me on Rask. He's awesome. That performance will unfortunately put more money in his pocket at contract time though. 

Oh I how you feel about Rask Dez, it's for the constant whiners & one main one who thinks "whodaman" is the man! He isn't & he never will be...Not for the Boston Bruins anyway not as long as Rask is healthy. As far as the money they fork out? Regardless of what woulda/coulda happens. I think Adam had it right 6yr/40 mill is about right. He's proven he's among the elite & thus far better then some that are making that money (Price). If Rask continues his stellar play he just very well maybe be giving Rinne a run for his money for the starting job in the games, or World Cup. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SomethingBrewin's comment:

I wasn't all that impressed with him during the regular season. I saw what I thought were a lot of easy goals getting by him.

I wonder how much $$ that's going to cost the Bruins..I guess he'll be up to a minimum of $5 mio next season? Term of 3-5 years make sense?

who wouldn't be okay with that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SomethingBrewin's comment:

Then you obviously didn't watch enough Bruins games if this is what you saw. Not just including this season. He's becoming EXACTLY what the rav was back during the 03-04 WJC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

And the earlier reports on Rask were questioning his glovehand. How many times did he come up with a huuuge timely glove save this series.

On a slightly related note, it seems that the majority of the goals that get past him are ones that no goalie would have a chance on, wide off a Dman and in, through a screen of 3 bodies and off a post, goals like that. The amount of these types of goals seems high compared to other goalies, not sure what to make of that. Could be my black and gold glasses I am wearing also... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I just got goosebumps imagining it went in.  That save was as good as it gets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

And the earlier reports on Rask were questioning his glovehand. How many times did he come up with a huuuge timely glove save this series.

On a slightly related note, it seems that the majority of the goals that get past him are ones that no goalie would have a chance on, wide off a Dman and in, through a screen of 3 bodies and off a post, goals like that. The amount of these types of goals seems high compared to other goalies, not sure what to make of that. Could be my black and gold glasses I am wearing also... 

You're a goalie I think and I discussed this with Nite a couple times.  Has he changed his stlye a little ? hr's making great split leg saves with his glove reaching and grabbing hight shots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/3464165/leave-britney-alone-seth-green

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

LMAO! Oh book that was awesome! I hate you.... LOL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/3464165/leave-britney-alone-seth-green

LMAO! Oh book that was awesome! I hate you.... LOL!!

I know, nite.  I know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You're a goalie I think and I discussed this with Nite a couple times.  Has he changed his stlye a little ? hr's making great split leg saves with his glove reaching and grabbing hight shots.

I'm not Sizzle, but he's certainly made himself more active. He actually has added some acrobatics (TT) to his game. He's always been a very fine tuned technical goalie & was for the most part butterfly. He's added some hybrid to his game. Which has its pros & cons. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yea it does seem to happen a lot to the guy. I really think it's because he's so fawking skinny! LOL. I mean look at the other goalie's in the league that are 6 3" or more. These guys all have huge torsoe's. Rask is & looks skinny whether he has gear on or not! Even TT who's 5"11 looks bigger than Rask. So that advantage of having a wider upper body certainly helps them in your described situations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

For all you Rask beaters! He's redeemed himself OK? The Philly series is D-E-A-D! The save in OT he made off the onetimer from Lupul is ranked up there with Vernon in 89' against the Canucks & Kirk McLean in 94' against the Flames. Both of these were in game 7's in OT. For those that never seen them here they are. Vernon actually made 3 huge saves in OT in that game. There's no small clips available for these so here's the link & plse go to the 4:08 mark and watch them. They're all amazing stops & what is defined as "clutch goaltending" at it's finest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lPxjqdszg- 4:08 mark Vernon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQ64bT5qGE- McLean

RESERVED FOR TUUKKA RASK!!! Waiting for the clip

great save in O.T.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He had a great round one. Nobody should be questioning his performance. The glove save on Gardiner and the stop on the breakaway (that would have given Toronto a 5-1 lead) were also HUGE in game 7 as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

He had a great round one. Nobody should be questioning his performance. The glove save on Gardiner and the stop on the breakaway (that would have given Toronto a 5-1 lead) were also HUGE in game 7 as well.

He didn't actually stop it, but he played it very well. The puck slipped off his stick at the last second. I still think looking at it in slow mo. The puck was too far ahead of the player to get a good lift on the puck & Rask has his pad in position before the puck was going to be released.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I haven't said anything since the game 2 loss. In my opinion, he has been great since then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

He didn't actually stop it, but he played it very well. The puck slipped off his stick at the last second. I still think looking at it in slow mo. The puck was too far ahead of the player to get a good lift on the puck & Rask has his pad in position before the puck was going to be released.

Yeah, looking at it again, it does look like it rolled off his stick just enough........but still, that was a huge moment in the game for Rask. Even if he (can't remember the TML player) controls it, Rask apppeared to be in position to stop it.....barring a back hand roofer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Rask didn't play spectacular in this series, Toronto would have won the series in 5. That's how good he played. He's never been better than games 3 and 4 in Toronto. Never so acrobatic, never as spectacular. He saved the B's butts this series and I hope he stymies the Rangers next.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I still remember that Kirk McLean save. That was absolute grand larceny !!  No way Canucks make finals in 94 without him. As to your original point, Rask is just fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rask is a proven number one goalie in the league. And also, one of the better ones.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I still remember that Kirk McLean save. That was absolute grand larceny !!  No way Canucks make finals in 94 without him. As to your original point, Rask is just fine.

Oh don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. There's been far better saves in the game, but I'm talking game 7's in O.T. IMO that onetimer off Lupul is up there. If that shot goes in the comeback is mute. It would only be a small * beside the loss! Clutch goaltending is key to win the big games & it doesn't get any bigger than that. Rask doesn't make that save we wouldn't be talking about the heroic's of Bergeron, Lucic & the one who started it this time instead of finishing....Horton. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Rask is a proven number one goalie in the league. And also, one of the better ones.

Do you place him above Price yet Kel? I didn't at the beginning of the season, but I did even before the play-offs. Now, as I said he's going to be giving team Finland a lot to think about.