Let Me Get This Straight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Let Me Get This Straight

1.  Two goals against

2.  Lose in the shootout (or, old fashioned tie game)

3.  Clinch playoff spot

4.  Move into first place in the division

5.  OTL vs. the 19-19-6 Sabres, who have beaten Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Montreal twice in the past month.

And because of this, it's a Tear Festival.  You're disgusted.  They're heartless.  They're chokers.  They are...

You know what they are?  Hockey players.  They play the game and try to win.  Sometimes they don't win.  That's what happens in hockey.

For all of you who spent all last night saying the worst things you can think of about this team, I suggest you go buy NHL '13 and set it on Rookie.  You can win every game 10-1.  Please do that instead of filling the rest of the fan's heads with such stupidity and negativity.  The Boston Blewits?  They're in first in the division and second in the conference, you f'ing jerk.  Heartless?  Gutless?  They lost in the shootout, deeeeebag. 

In a time of extreme emotion, when such a terrible thing has happened to our city, to our friends, to our lives, who in God's name wants to come here and read such dung?  NO ONE.  Stop being so selfish.  You guys are like spies.  A bunch of b*tchy little girls.  Grow up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Re: Let Me Get This Straight

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Two goals against

3.  Clinch playoff spot

5.  OTL vs. the 19-19-6 Sabres, who have beaten Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Montreal twice in the past month.

And because of this, it's a Tear Festival.  You're disgusted.  They're heartless.  They're chokers.  They are...

You know what they are?  Hockey players.  They play the game and try to win.  Sometimes they don't win.  That's what happens in hockey.

For all of you who spent all last night saying the worst things you can think of about this team, I suggest you go buy NHL '13 and set it on Rookie.  You can win every game 10-1.  Please do that instead of filling the rest of the fan's heads with such stupidity and negativity.  The Boston Blewits?  They're in first in the division and second in the conference, you f'ing jerk.  Heartless?  Gutless?  They lost in the shootout, deeeeebag. 

In a time of extreme emotion, when such a terrible thing has happened to our city, to our friends, to our lives, who in God's name wants to come here and read such dung?  NO ONE.  Stop being so selfish.  You guys are like spies.  A bunch of b*tchy little girls.  Grow up.

NAS, I felt as though they played a very good game, despite the emotions of sorrow and confusion the team and most in Boston share.  Hey, Miller was solid. I do think Andy Ferrence play a great game, and was victim to a rule that will change. I saw improvements in the back end as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Fire all coaches

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Both goals against on the PP.  Took 43 shots.  Had more chances from the Bergeron line than the whole team has had in any of the last three games.  Kelly's finding his game - looks way better than before the broken leg.  Paille has to be "7th man" - playing his tail off and producing.

But no - rip them up for losing to a desperate team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Effort was much better...we actually saw the team we know and love there for several shifts in a row. It was ruddy at times, no doubt. But the pieces are there, they are putting in the effort, and it'll come together. Glad to see Bergeron back - looked like he lost a small step but it'll improve. Marchand looked like he didn't miss a game. Seguin was better playing with comfortable linemates. Krejci seemed to think it was Christmas morning to be with Jagr and wasn't sure how to handle it.

I don't mind the criticism, but let's keep it to things related on the ice. Trying to take the Bs to task for not "rising to the moment" is a joke. Pick apart what they do on the ice all you want, but I agree the big picture whining and moaning is useless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and ten minutes after my last post on this thread, I've skimmed the other action on the board and really have no interest in any of that emotionally fragile emo crap I see coming from some people.  Man, if you got so wound up by this game that you're breaking things in your house, you need to see someone.  And turn in all firearms to the authorities.

The city needed this game to go on, and it did, and it was something like normal.  Boston wanted the Bruins to win, and the storybooks would have preferred it, except the ones the Sabres write.  It's not like there was any direct connection btw the Bruins winning and justice for the people who suffered in the bombing, though I suppose I can see how badly someone might want there to be one. 

It was one step toward getting back to life.  And the Bruins played one step closer to the team they need to be. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Granted, it would have been nice to have won the game but I went to bed not even disappointed in the loss but rather still feeling good about the team, the fans and most of all my city. A bunch of whiners can't undo that. Go Boston!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I thought they played a good game as well. Miller played outstanding.

Was i upset they lost in the last minute..Yes!

After seeing the way the players acted at the end of the shoot out put everything in perspective.

Also i think once they get used to playing with Jagr watch out!

That guy is magic with the puck his team mates will learn where to be to recieve his passes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

I actually think yesterdays game was i huge step in the right direction. I have been worried the last couple of weeks becuse of the lack of effort and emotion, but after last night i am convinced they will show up for the playoffs and that we can go deep.

They PP still sucks but the time spendt with possesion in the offensive zone was great.

Huge optimist at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

The one thing i did not like about the game is the lack of response to the Sabres physical play.

If Lucic cant score he should at least hit something.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Two goals against

3.  Clinch playoff spot

NAS, I felt as though they played a very good game, despite the emotions of sorrow and confusion the team and most in Boston share.  Hey, Miller was solid. I do think Andy Ferrence play a great game, and was victim to a rule that will change. I saw improvements in the back end as well.

This is what I saw also. You don't right the ship in one night. Am I one of the few people that thought they played a pretty good game. Miller won that game for the Sabres. ... It happens

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

I loked at the standings this morning and saw that the Bruins got a point last night and moved in second place in the division and still have a game in hand.....

This is a great way to start my day.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I was upset after the game. Upset because you could tell that this game meant a lot to the boys and I felt bad they couldn't seal the deal. And that is precisely what I wanted to see from the B's.. the game meant something to them. As hokey as interviews could be it was touching to see that Thornton and Ference feel the same way about the city that we do. If you didn't get touched by Thornton singing along with the national anthem, then there is something wrong with you. On top of that, I was just listening to T&R and a clip from Kelly after the game and he was almost in tears.
    It was nice to know that in an area that loves its team.. the feeling is at least by some.. reciprocated.

Great game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

...and ten minutes after my last post on this thread, I've skimmed the other action on the board and really have no interest in any of that emotionally fragile emo crap I see coming from some people.  Man, if you got so wound up by this game that you're breaking things in your house, you need to see someone.  And turn in all firearms to the authorities.

The city needed this game to go on, and it did, and it was something like normal.  Boston wanted the Bruins to win, and the storybooks would have preferred it, except the ones the Sabres write.  It's not like there was any direct connection btw the Bruins winning and justice for the people who suffered in the bombing, though I suppose I can see how badly someone might want there to be one. 

It was one step toward getting back to life.  And the Bruins played one step closer to the team they need to be. 

Bang on Book.

Watching hockey is an entertainment getaway from the real life stresses we endure. 

Some take those real life stresses and correlate them into winning or losing a hockey game.

Glad my thinking isn't like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

They don't hit, they don't fight they can't hold a 3rd period lead but keep apologizing for them NAS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I thought Ryan Miller played a heck of a game.  We went up against a great goaltender who had a great night.  We still salvaged a point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

For once, I agree with NAS 100%. But the good part is, I was able to put a lot of the fair weather fans on ignore so I don't have to listen to whining anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

For once, I agree with NAS 100%. But the good part is, I was able to put a lot of the fair weather fans on ignore so I don't have to listen to whining anymore.

I just did the same thing.  A whole new crop of people got put on ignore.  I've tried to go "Straight-Isla" and not ignore anyone, but at this point, we have have plenty of good hockey minds that the losers can be ignored. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dead one:

The hockey game was trivial.

I was disgusted last night with the negativity and it's same posters that have come on here all season. It's as if a if "their lives" depend on a Bruins victory. 

NAS this is your best thread !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh sorry forgot to mention , if we don't whine and cry like a bunch of pimply 13 years olds we are  " Apologists " .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Amen.  What's with the spoiled whining garbage here all the time?  Find a hobby you actually enjoy if clinching a playoff spot is so horrible for you.  The Bruins have to win every game and every fight or their called 'gutless'.  Very unlucky play with Ference trying to chip a puck away, on edge, while being checked.  So, its a penalty.  Then you have a 6 on 4.  Guess these wimps can't defend a two man advantage, huh?  The drama here is insane.  If you don't like the challenge of winning some and losing some, maybe the NHL isn't for you.  Go watch Uconn women's basketball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins have allot to work on that is for sure but that is not a bad thing. I'm going Pom Pon Pete Carroll on this game- Redden looked good, Khudobin looked good, Bergeron looked ready for the playoffs, Marchand as well, Ference looked really focused in comparison to earlier in the season, Krejci was everywhere and Jagr was pissed he didn't score but his fight is there.

The attempt to take over the board by the pink hats who crumble with a bad stretches is just annoying so I just stay off those threads. The crybabbys are on ignore becuase they have nothing to add but "the sky is falling", that behavior is reserved for the Patriots and Red Sox board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Great thread NAS. I thought after the 1st period the Bs played their best game in a long time. Lots of chances, posession, few chances given. We actually deserved a win for a change. 3 phantom calls against us that led to Buffalo goals. All this despite playing with a set of emotions that aren't geared to aggresssion. Very good signs for the playoffs. We are 2nd in the conference! To all the chicken little's... the sky isn't falling and a win wouldn't have erased Monday's tragedy.

Plus, the Habs lost their 3rd straight!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't like they way they're playing but all it takes is a good gm or two. People should enjoy this good or bad, most of us were prepared for a season w/out hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Tied for first in the division with a game in hand. Key players returning from injury.

Many reasons to be optimistic.

Campbell should return to the 4rth line, however. He did well as a replacement on the top 6 but needs to return to his proper place in my opinion.