Let Me Get This Straight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Let Me Get This Straight

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to nrguy's comment:

For once, I agree with NAS 100%. But the good part is, I was able to put a lot of the fair weather fans on ignore so I don't have to listen to whining anymore.

I just did the same thing.  A whole new crop of people got put on ignore.  I've tried to go "Straight-Isla" and not ignore anyone, but at this point, we have have plenty of good hockey minds that the losers can be ignored. 

Touché -- quite the simple process. Advise taken. Click = losers gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're the epitome of calm and cool buddy and you always keep it classy. I know I'd get fewer threats if I had half of your composure. Cheers!

dez, you can handle any bombs lobbed your way.  Trust me on that.  I've seen it in our forum.  Those comebacks of yours are not only clever but bang on.  Well done, man. 

RHO, the forum is all whack-a-doo with all of the glitches and the posters. Maybe I should just hate the Bruins so the popular kids will like me. That probably isn't going to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Great post, 50!

As many know, I've spent a lot of time in Florida this season and have been able to go to many Panthers games.  You want to talk about horrible play?  Get on a conference call with me and Fletcher and we'll tell you about what it's like for Panthers and Avs fans.  We're unlucky enough to witness the two worst teams in the NHL.  The B's are leading the division and are second in the conference.

Tell me about it -- diehard B's fan for over 50 years but aching for live hockey back when the Devils first came to town. Invested in seasons tickets for 5 years when they were $16.00 for 2nd level blue line seats. I should have just burned the money in my fireplace for heat. Painful viewing night after night. Suffered thru a number of Bruins seasons over that same time period. Some people just don't get it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You wanna be pink hats go ahead! I saw a team of daffodils that got out hit & pushed around in their home rink! Nas has the mentality of "it doesn't matter as long as they win so stop whining" So when is it OK to complain? They didn't win, they've lost 3 straight & the ONLY reason their ranked 2nd in the conference is because Montreal is in a funk. Not because the B's are playing well! They played against a division rivial & allowed themselves to be kicked around by PATRICK KALETA!! That's pathetic & gutless! 

They lost in the shootout with the backup goalie in.  It's okay.

There isn't a consolation trophy for "Team That OutHit Buffalo".

Take a breath, nite.

Nas I really do appreciate ur optimism.  I am as high strung as u can get. I don't see what u see and I'm sorry. So far I've only seen the real Bruins once. That was the Washington game where Horton got the Gordie Howe. If the B's would've responded to Kaleta I wouldn't have an issue with the lost. I think the pressure and work ethic was there. However,  them allowing one of the biggest pieces of kief to roam around freely is gut wrenching.  And they allowed their own fans to witness it. There's no excuse for this. 

Chara challenged him, he declined like he always does. Should he jump him and be gone for 15? Boychuk crushed him at the end of the second as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RHO, the forum is all whack-a-doo with all of the glitches and the posters. Maybe I should just hate the Bruins so the popular kids will like me. That probably isn't going to happen.

Noo way.  I've heard these kind of "I'm done with them" thoughts here in Toronto for several years, dez.  The big difference was the Leafs actually stunk.  I'm not discrediting gripes from fans regarding a contending team as having any less legitimacy.  I'm saying I'm not going to withdraw my loyalty to the Bruins because they lost a game during a highly-emotional and extremely tragic week in Boston. 

I'll always remember a call I heard on the Leafs' post-game phone-in program some years ago.  Might have been Kessel's first year here.  He wasn't scoring at the time and a guy called in mondo p!ssed after a loss.  He ragged on the idea of the prospects given to the Bruins in the deal being too high. 

Caller: "Kessel needs a real center to feed him the puck.  Burke should get Marc Savard."

Host Andy Frost: "Marc Savard is concussed and has been unavailable to play for quite a while."

Caller: "Get him anyway!"

Andy Frost drolly: "Get home safely, Vincent."  Guess support can appear in various forms, dez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Noo way.  I've heard these kind of "I'm done with them" thoughts here in Toronto for several years, dez.  The big difference was the Leafs actually stunk.  I'm not discrediting gripes from fans regarding a contending team as having any less legitimacy.  I'm saying I'm not going to withdraw my loyalty to the Bruins because they lost a game during a highly-emotional and extremely tragic week in Boston. 

I'll always remember a call I heard on the Leafs' post-game phone-in program some years ago.  Might have been Kessel's first year here.  He wasn't scoring at the time and a guy called in mondo p!ssed after a loss.  He ragged on the idea of the prospects given to the Bruins in the deal being too high. 

Caller: "Kessel needs a real center to feed him the puck.  Burke should get Marc Savard."

Host Andy Frost: "Marc Savard is concussed and has been unavailable to play for quite a while."

Caller: "Get him anyway!"

Andy Frost drolly: "Get home safely, Vincent."  Guess support can appear in various forms, dez.

RHO, I don't listen to enough sports radio but that stuff is gold. I certainly don't envy you living in the heart of Leafland. This year back in the playoffs should make things even crazier in those parts. Good luck keeping your sanity. It should be fun nonetheless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RHO, I don't listen to enough sports radio but that stuff is gold. I certainly don't envy you living in the heart of Leafland. This year back in the playoffs should make things even crazier in those parts. Good luck keeping your sanity. It should be fun nonetheless.

In anticipation of them qualifying it's amped up already, dez.  They're a year-round industry at the worst of times.  God help us if they ever actually win the Cup in June instead of in September every year. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to red75's comment:

There's a really easy way to identify most of the pink hats around here - they have either baseball or football themed avatars (though Mike Trout is acceptable) or names that are references to the Sox or Pats.

I take exception to that.   Many of us love ALL the Boston teams.  We may enjoy certain sports more than others, but that doesn't mean we don't root for teams in sports we don't love as much.

Pink hats only care about their team when it's "cool" to care about them.  When the team stinks they fall right off the bandwagon.  Real Boston fans root for their teams win or lose......year in year out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

I take exception to that.   Many of us love ALL the Boston teams.  We may enjoy certain sports more than others, but that doesn't mean we don't root for teams in sports we don't love as much.

Pink hats only care about their team when it's "cool" to care about them.  When the team stinks they fall right off the bandwagon.  Real Boston fans root for their teams win or lose......year in year out.

You're excluded from that group for sure, Jalvis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to red75's comment:

There's a really easy way to identify most of the pink hats around here - they have either baseball or football themed avatars (though Mike Trout is acceptable) or names that are references to the Sox or Pats.

This may be one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen in all of the forums here.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Fix it Jalvis, I always loved your muppet pic.

There is only one sport on here, there rest are just fillers.