Life Revelation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Life Revelation

I just realized that I like hockey better than baseball, effectively moving baseball to last on my list.

Playoff hockey the past 2 years is what it took for me to realize how great the sport is.

Thank you Bruins.  Win or lose, I found a new sport to start following for more than just w's and L's. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Life Revelation

Welcome.  You will learn a ton on this board, there are some real quality hockey minds here. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I love baseball but after watching the NHL playoffs during the beginning of the baseball season it's hard to get into it.

Nothing's better than playoff hockey.

Plus watching the Red Sox give up 10+ runs a game and blow leads isn't exactly anything to look forward to. Easier transition when they don't suck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Life Revelation:
    [QUOTE]I just realized that I like hockey better than baseball, effectively moving baseball to last on my list. Playoff hockey the past 2 years is what it took for me to realize how great the sport is. Thank you Bruins.  Win or lose, I found a new sport to start following for more than just w's and L's. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Of course the current Sox team could probably make watching pro bowling more fun than baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I'd rather watch curling than baseball. I follow it, just don't watch it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Baseball is just tremendously boring to me. Any game that you can play 2times in a day, does not require a break or that you can do while chewing or smoking isnt a sport.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Life Revelation:
    [QUOTE]I just realized that I like hockey better than baseball, effectively moving baseball to last on my list. Playoff hockey the past 2 years is what it took for me to realize how great the sport is. Thank you Bruins.  Win or lose, I found a new sport to start following for more than just w's and L's. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

So hockey leapfrogs in your list to 2nd worst?

That means you've still got 2 things above it?

Rookie fan.  Enjoy the playoff experience and realize that there is nothing else quite like it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Life Revelation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Life Revelation : So hockey leapfrogs in your list to 2nd worst? That means you've still got 2 things above it? Rookie fan.  Enjoy the playoff experience and realize that there is nothing else quite like it.
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]

What it really comes down to is I just did not care for the sport.  Judging by my picture you should know which sport I love to watch, follow, admire and all my posts pretty much are aligned with it.  Then I love playing basketball which translates to my interest to it, and that would be second on my list.  Now hockey has effectively moved baseball to number 4. 

I always cheered for my home team, so I always pushed for the Bruins of course.  However; I am growing a true appreciation for the team and the sport outside of the fact they play for Boston is really my point here. 

And yes, I am a rookie fan and proud of it.  There is a start for everything right? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life Revelation : What it really comes down to is I just did not care for the sport.  Judging by my picture you should know which sport I love to watch, follow, admire and all my posts pretty much are aligned with it.  Then I love playing basketball which translates to my interest to it, and that would be second on my list.  Now hockey has effectively moved baseball to number 4.  I always cheered for my home team, so I always pushed for the Bruins of course.  However; I am growing a true appreciation for the team and the sport outside of the fact they play for Boston is really my point here.  And yes, I am a rookie fan and proud of it.  There is a start for everything right? 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Better late than never on this one. You'll be glad you've taken a larger interest in the world's fastest contact sport. There's really nothing like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life Revelation : Better late than never on this one. You'll be glad you've taken a larger interest in the world's fastest contact sport. There's really nothing like it.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Now, the next step is to go see a game live.  Then you'll be hooked for life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life Revelation : Now, the next step is to go see a game live.  Then you'll be hooked for life.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    True enough. I love watching on TV but there's nothing like seeing a game live to really appreciate how fast everything is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

welcome to our dysfunctional family. it won't take you long to figure out what i mean by this! GO BRUINS!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]welcome to our dysfunctional family. it won't take you long to figure out what i mean by this! GO BRUINS!!!!!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Reminds me of "The Bigots" from the old TV show "Bizarre".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Try to get a front seat in the corner for the full effect.  Welcome aboard!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome.  You will learn a ton on this board, there are some real quality hockey minds here. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Not to point out the obvious Hangnail but the guy has 2399 posts so he has been around these boards for some time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Not necessarily the Bruins section though jmw.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life Revelation : Reminds me of "The Bigots" from the old TV show "Bizarre".

Now that was some Comedy! Not sure if anyone but Canadians would understand.
    Bring back some fond memories.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I agree with North, go watch a live game, nothing compares.  My daughter lives in Boston, she was raised by Bruins first fan.  She did not care too much, but the Montreal playoffs three years back made her a believer!  She said the Garden was constant buzz and the play exciting.  She is kinda of a pacifist but likes the fights...ha. The skating is wonderful to watch if you are a dozen rows up from the ice. Enjoy a live game is the best advise.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Baseball is just tremendously boring to me. Any game that you can play 2times in a day, does not require a break or that you can do while chewing or smoking isnt a sport.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

I've both smoked during games (not since the 80s...) and played two a day at tournaments in hockey.  If baseball bores you, it's for other reasons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life Revelation : Reminds me of "The Bigots" from the old TV show "Bizarre".

Ha!  I cannot imagine John Byner having a TV show now....  He was too offensive for broadcast, too boring for cable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life Revelation : Now, the next step is to go see a game live.  Then you'll be hooked for life.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

And if you aren't hooked, you can sort of fall down and grab the other guy's stick to try to draw the hooking penalty.  Of course, this might also lead to the OT goal that sends your team of whining, diving biters to the golf course!