Lighting game and Historic snow storm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Lighting game and Historic snow storm

What do folks think, will Boston be shut down for the predicted historic storm?  

What will Bruins do about game? Will TB Lighting be able to get into Boston?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Lighting game and Historic snow storm

Have everyone borrow Santa's reindeer, they aren't doing anything for a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure how something that has happened yet is Historic...But, If the Lightning are already in town, which they will be since they are coming from New Jersey (Thursday) I bet they'll try to play the game since the schedule is so condensed...Now, I'm going to watch a historic 3rd period, then take a historic dump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Sorry Kelv, I should have used bold italics for "PREDICTED" Historic storm. Seems you missed that part.

Have a great dump!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mxx's comment:

Sorry Kelv, I should have used bold italics for "PREDICTED" Historic storm. Seems you missed that part.

Have a great dump!

As Predicted my dump was historic..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Is the game still scheduled as planned? Does anyone have tickets to the game? Or have season tickets?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Haven't heard anything yet on the game outside of unsubstantiated rumors that the start may get pushed to night time (7?).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Safe travels to anyone who is going.  I'll be watching from the comfy confines of my couch, with a fire going and a nice beverage in hand.  Go B's!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Is this what it is coming to?

We're getting a big snowstorm in winter and all of a sudden everybody has to be a doomsday prepper?

Some people or a lot of people will lose power, some trees will keel over.  Maybe even someone will die.  Yah, that would be sad especially if it's someone I know, but it happens.  And people die in perfect weather because of traffic accidents.  It's life.  I have gotten used to it.

I say the game will probably be played.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Latest from KPD:

Word from Causeway St: Bruins Sat. 1 p.m. matinee w/Bolts still on the books. No change planned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's February and it's a blizzard - I thought you New Englanders were made of sturdier stock than this? Just don't go outside and wait for it to melt. No big woop (sorry, I'm a Manitoban so it's tough for me to give anyone sympathy over winter weather).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

If I was in the city, I wouldn't care so much. Public transportation hopes to be back in service by Monday, so that means driving into the city while the blizzard conditions are in effect and then hoping to find parking somewhere. Or stay home and hope you still have power when the game is on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Game moved to 7PM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Yup, should make things a bit easier to get to the game now.

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD

Bruins move start of Saturday's game to 7 p.m.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

It's February and it's a blizzard - I thought you New Englanders were made of sturdier stock than this? Just don't go outside and wait for it to melt. No big woop (sorry, I'm a Manitoban so it's tough for me to give anyone sympathy over winter weather).

It's these out of state people moving here along with the out of state news people that's driving it.

It would be funny if it weren't so stupid, they are giving out survival tips and crap like that as if it's the end of the world or something.

And advice on what to do if your pipes freeze as if that would only happen in a snow storm and not the rest of the winter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Snow removal in Manitoba is different than in Boston.  You guys have much more land.  Just push it to the side of the road and wait for it to melt.  In Boston you do that and you just pushed it up to someone's home or business.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

It's these out of state people moving here along with the out of state news people that's driving it.

It would be funny if it weren't so stupid, they are giving out survival tips and crap like that as if it's the end of the world or something.

And advice on what to do if your pipes freeze as if that would only happen in a snow storm and not the rest of the winter.

In my experience the pipes are less likely to freeze during a blizzard because of the added insulation from the snow cover.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jalvis's comment:

Snow removal in Manitoba is different than in Boston.  You guys have much more land.  Just push it to the side of the road and wait for it to melt.  In Boston you do that and you just pushed it up to someone's home or business.

I could see that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

Kevin Paul Dupont@GlobeKPD Bruins move start of Saturday's game to 7 p.m.

Good I hate Saturday "day games"!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Dave24's comment:

Kevin Paul Dupont@GlobeKPD Bruins move start of Saturday's game to 7 p.m.

Good I hate Saturday "day games"!

Me too.....and too many time have I seen the B's come out flat for the matinee games.  Hopefully they come out flying tomorrow night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I was looking forward to watching the game poolside drinking a beer.  That's the way to watch hockey in the south. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In my experience the pipes are less likely to freeze during a blizzard because of the added insulation from the snow cover.

Yes, same here.  Plus we don't usually get bitter cold and snow at the same time.  For whatever reason around here I don't think I've ever seen the temp dip below 20 or so while it is snowing.

Otherwise...

We are clinging onto life down here, but just barely.

A huge scare ealier today when my wife was on one of her typical 2 hour conversations with her sister and the cell phone cut out a couple of times.  Thankfully the emergency procedure for redialing was followed and disaster narrowly avoided.

The NHL network got pixelated for a second, not sure if it was weather related or not, but it might  have been.  It was another terrifying moment.

I believe we have 6 inches outside.  I haven't dared to go out to measure it as we've been all warned to stay inside.  Being the bold kind of guy I am, I'm not cowering under my bed as suggested.

Anyone else in New England care to contribute?  Or is everyone out battling the storm tooth and nail?

Oh, I forgot the really big story.  My Friday night game got cancelled.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Satellite dish has been out for about 3 hours, still got power but already seen a surge. It's not the snow that's an issue. It's the wind. I'm on the coast and the wind is fierce. Seeing 50 mph gusts. Just going to get worse.

Not the end of the world but it's going to cripple the city for a day. Thank god we didn't have any snow before this (why the blizzard of 78 was so bad). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Satellite dish has been out for about 3 hours, still got power but already seen a surge. It's not the snow that's an issue. It's the wind. I'm on the coast and the wind is fierce. Seeing 50 mph gusts. Just going to get worse.

Not the end of the world but it's going to cripple the city for a day. Thank god we didn't have any snow before this (why the blizzard of 78 was so bad). 

Still pretty quiet out in these parts.

A sister from Belmont called to tell me one of her snowblower tires is flat.

And I'm bored with my hockey night cancelled and no game to watch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I live in the Niagara area in Ontario. Our snow storm is done and same with my driveway etc.. I was hoping for a 1:00 PM game, but S. H. I. T. ( someone hit in testi's) happens. Need to reschedule my sleep pattern; cause i start my midnight shift tonight. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ