Line Combindations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Line Combindations

Ok.  assuming PC is done trading, its time to start postulating on the line combos for the playoffs.

Thorton plays a role in the regular season but there is no room/need for him if they are going to go deep in the playoffs.  

Thoughts?

Lucic Krecji Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Peverly Kelly Seguin
    Paille Campbell Ryder

i like some speed on the third line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Line Combindations

i could live with these lines. i might switch ryder and seguin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

It will be interesting to see how CJ uses Peverley, who is 55% on draws this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would switch Recchi to the 4th ...Seguin to the 2nd and Ryder ot he 3rd ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thornton will not sit, not even in the playoffs. Neither will Ryder. It is likely Seguin and Paille will rotate in and out of the line-up depending on performance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

jmwalters is correct. thornton has given the bruins to much this year and still does. i mean for me peverley just replaces wheeler. then the math is simple tyler just give the bruins more then dan paille does. if u dont u will watch from 9th floor. kulzac said to maybe watch peverley to break top 6 fowards but i dont see breaking those guys up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Here's what I *want* them to do:

Lucic-Krecji-Ryder
    Seguin-Bergeron-Recchi
    Peverly-Kelly-Horton
    Marchand-Campbell-Thornton

Why? Marchand shows he can produce points on any line, while Seguin isn't a good fit on the 4th. Although Marchand deserves to remain with the Bergeron line, unfortunately they have to look at the big picture. If Seguin falters, Marchand can go back up with Bergerson and Paille can come in on the 4th while Seguin sits.

I also think Ryder could benefit from Krejci feeding him the puck while Looch mucks it up in front of the net, and Horton could use a good kick in the pants.

Here's what they will likely do:

Lucic-Krecji-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
    Paverly-Kelly-Ryder
    Seguin/Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Perhaps they swap Kelley/Perverly depending on comfort level with those two at certain positions. Peverly is more dynamic, but Kelly more solid...which is why I think Kelly will center.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Line Combindations:
    [QUOTE]Ok.  assuming PC is done trading, its time to start postulating on the line combos for the playoffs. Thorton plays a role in the regular season but there is no room/need for him if they are going to go deep in the playoffs.   Thoughts? Lucic Krecji Horton Marchand Bergeron Recchi Peverly Kelly Seguin Paille Campbell Ryder i like some speed on the third line.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

I agree with your 2 first lines. Here's what I would do for the 3rd & 4th lines:

3rd: Seguin-Peverley-Ryder
    4th: Kelly-Campbell-Thornton (I know Kelly's a centre but he also plays wing)

Kelly is an upgrade to Paille on the 4th line with better speed and hands. Paille could switch with Thornton when we face less physical, more skilled teams i.e. Detroit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Line Combindations:
    [QUOTE]jmwalters is correct. thornton has given the bruins to much this year and still does. i mean for me peverley just replaces wheeler. then the math is simple tyler just give the bruins more then dan paille does. if u dont u will watch from 9th floor. kulzac said to maybe watch peverley to break top 6 fowards but i dont see breaking those guys up
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

what has thornton given the bruins this year? if you're talking about the 8 goals, most of them happened when he was playing with marchand. it's not a coincidence his production went down after marchand got promoted to bergeron's line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I still believe Paille will eventually be traded for a pick or be put on waivers. Also, as much as Ryder can be frustrating at times he does perform when it counts. I dont see Michael Ryder going anywhere, he's their best pure shooter.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi

Ryder-Perverly-Seguin

Campbell-Kelly-Thorton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Here's what I *want* them to do: Lucic-Krecji-Ryder Seguin-Bergeron-Recchi Peverly-Kelly-Horton Marchand-Campbell-Thornton Why? Marchand shows he can produce points on any line, while Seguin isn't a good fit on the 4th. Although Marchand deserves to remain with the Bergeron line, unfortunately they have to look at the big picture. If Seguin falters, Marchand can go back up with Bergerson and Paille can come in on the 4th while Seguin sits. I also think Ryder could benefit from Krejci feeding him the puck while Looch mucks it up in front of the net, and Horton could use a good kick in the pants. Here's what they will likely do: Lucic-Krecji-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi Paverly-Kelly-Ryder Seguin/Paille-Campbell-Thornton Perhaps they swap Kelley/Perverly depending on comfort level with those two at certain positions. Peverly is more dynamic, but Kelly more solid...which is why I think Kelly will center.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

just so tough to take marchand off that line and lucic away from krejci both have been super hot. but i like the thinking outside the box for the sake of not stunting seguins growth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I still believe Paille will eventually be traded for a pick or be put on waivers. Also, as much as Ryder can be frustrating at times he does perform when it counts. I dont see Michael Ryder going anywhere, he's their best pure shooter. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi Ryder-Perverly-Seguin Campbell-Kelly-Thorton
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

I like this arrangement: 3 scoring lines and a solid 4th

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Line Combindations : what has thornton given the bruins this year? if you're talking about the 8 goals, most of them happened when he was playing with marchand. it's not a coincidence his production went down after marchand got promoted to bergeron's line.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

point taken but u dont feel gives more then seguin or paille nightly. i mean u know what your going to get out paille not much and its only when u sit seguin for a game or 2 does he come back and respond.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

paille i more defensively responsible than thornton. both seguin and paille are a lot faster than thornton. having paille/campbell/seguin gives you a very solid 4th line which is defensively responsible and will chip in with the occasional goal. paille also plays on the pk. seguin seems to be playing better lately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

FYI

Julien said that Seguin will "move around a little bit..." He added that Tyler will play various roles on various lines.^BISH

Julien said that Peverley is penciled in to play with Kelly and Ryder.^BISH

And McQuaid has a new nickname

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]FYI Julien said that Seguin will "move around a little bit..." He added that Tyler will play various roles on various lines.^BISH Julien said that Peverley is penciled in to play with Kelly and Ryder.^BISH And McQuaid has a new nickname http://twitpic.com/41xeta
    Posted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]
    Awesome new nickname.NAS is going to freak.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Putting Brad Marchand on the fourth line - why? He's been on fire the whole year and has earned lots of ice time. Of course, if you want him to remain the Bruins' best-kept secret, that's the way to go, before he signs an offer sheet with another club next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Line Combindations:[QUOTE]FYI Julien said that Seguin will "move around a little bit..." He added that Tyler will play various roles on various lines.^BISH Julien said that Peverley is penciled in to play with Kelly and Ryder.^BISH And McQuaid has a new nickname http://twitpic.com/41xetaPosted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]

Ryder will love this he gets to hang out in the high slot while the two speedsters do all the work around the boards perfect...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Thorn in 2011
    23Gm  1G 5A 6Pt +3 41PIMs  5Fights? 41Shots

Pail
    13Gm  2G 2A 4Pts +1 22PIMs 1Fight 14 Shots  4GM suspension
    Plays PK situations.

Seg
    21Gm  5G 5A 10Pts +0 2Pims 0Fights 42Shots

I rest Thorn unless playing Dal Phi Pit, tough dirty teams. Ana rested him many games and especially in playoffs year they won.

Lines s/b
    KHL Krej Hort Luc                              Krej 49.0 on F/O
    BMR  Berg March Rec                         Berg 56.4
    SPR Seg Peverley Ryder Pev s/b centre Pev 55.5   Seg 47.8
    PCK Kelly Pail Camp                            Camp49.4  Kelly50.0

How I would like to see it, would like to move Rec but the line is too succesful, but would take him off the PP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's a great chance to see Paille, Peverly's and Kelly's speed on these next three great ice surfaces but I just don't see Julien sitting Thornton which he should as Shawn is not needed these next three games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Line Combindations:
    [QUOTE]Ok.  assuming PC is done trading, its time to start postulating on the line combos for the playoffs. Thorton plays a role in the regular season but there is no room/need for him if they are going to go deep in the playoffs.   Thoughts? Lucic Krecji Horton Marchand Bergeron Recchi Peverly Kelly Seguin Paille Campbell Ryder i like some speed on the third line.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

Good lines. I'd split time on the 4th line between paille and thornton. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Line Combindations : Good lines. I'd split time on the 4th line between paille and thornton. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but it is not really about what we would do then what Julien will do and I think Thornton stays under Claude's watch, for better or worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Line Combindations : I agree with you but it is not really about what we would do then what Julien will do and I think Thornton stays under Claude's watch, for better or worse.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

For better. The guy epitomizes hard work and will throw down with anyone. Has class too, which I realize some on this board don't appreciate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Line Combindations : For better. The guy epitomizes hard work and will throw down with anyone. Has class too, which I realize some on this board don't appreciate.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying. I just think back to last years playoffs and he really added nothing , god bless him. He even stopped hitting after a while and just did the old "skate by" which really annoyed me...just sayin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]I still believe Paille will eventually be traded for a pick or be put on waivers. Also, as much as Ryder can be frustrating at times he does perform when it counts. I dont see Michael Ryder going anywhere, he's their best pure shooter. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi Ryder-Perverly-Seguin Campbell-Kelly-Thorton
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I said!