Line or LIne-up Decisions Game 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Line or LIne-up Decisions Game 7

Well this is why you play for home ice.

I agree that the Bruins have been outworked and outcoached in the last 3 games.  Now let's see if they have some pride and some answers.

The problem is that they seem tired and injured.  Perhaps they have nothing left to give especially with less than a 24 hour turnaround.

I imagine Ference will be back and he will have had an extra day off but who knows how banged up he is.  Does anyone think some fresh legs in the line-up would be good?  Who would you put in and who would you take out?

I know changing players and lines at this point is a little risky but I do think making a tweak like moving Jagr to play with Bergeron and Marchand and Seguin to play with Kelly and Peverly might be a smart idea.  Peverly and Kelly are both North South players like Seguin and right now keeping it simple would be good for Tyler.  Jagr is never going to keep it simple so he doesn't fit well with those CK and RP.

I think some tweaks are needed to address the lack of offense but mainly I think they need to play Bruins hockey.  Get the puck deep and forecheck.  I am tired of watching them let Jake Gardiner skate around like he is  Bobby Orr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: Line or LIne-up Decisions Game 7

I don't like the Marchand/Seguin combination in the playoffs.  Marchand loses some of his edginess.  He needs to be reminded of his old game.  But really I don't think it matters.  I think we will win game 7.  I don't feel at all like I did last year.  This series has felt like one we will win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

I agree that the Bruins have been outworked and outcoached in the last 3 games.  Now let's see if they have some pride and some answers.

The problem is that they seem tired and injured.  Perhaps they have nothing left to give especially with less than a 24 hour turnaround.

I imagine Ference will be back and he will have had an extra day off but who knows how bange up he is.  Does anyone think some fresh legs in the line-up would be good?  Who would you put in and who would you take out?

I know changing players and lines at this point is a little risky but I do think making a tweak like moving Jagr to play with Bergeron and Marchand and Seguin to play with Kelly and Peverly might be a smart idea.  Peverly and Kelly are both North South players like Seguin and right now keeping it simple would be good for Tyler.  Jagr is never going to keep it simple so he doesn't fit well with those CK and RP.

I think some tweaks are needed to address the lack of offense but mainly I think they need to play Bruins hockey.  Get the puck deep and forecheck.  I am tired of watching them let Jake Gardiner skate around like he is  Bobby Orr.

Can't imagine why they would be any more tired than Toronto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

CJ said it post-game...he has no comment on his lines!  I'm sure with 15 minutes to go in the 3rd when they are down 2-0 he'll switch them around.

Honestly I just don't think it matters.  They've been out-hustled the last 3 games.  It all comes down to who wants it more.  I sound like my HS coach.  But it's true.  Who wants it more?  Not Boston!  Hopefully someone lights a fire under them tomorrow.  Can they dress Recchi?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

One change.  ST out.  Anyone in.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

I imagine Ference will be back and he will have had an extra day off but who knows how bange up he is.  Does anyone think some fresh legs in the line-up would be good?  Who would you put in and who would you take out?

Toronto is the youngest team in the league but more importantly the Bruins played something like 6 games in 8 or 9 days to finish the season.

Still I think being tired is an excuse.  They need to come committed to play their games for 60 minutes and if they do they have an awfully good chance of winning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Toronto is the youngest team in the league but more importantly the Bruins played something like 6 games in 8 or 9 days to finish the season.

Still I think being tired is an excuse.  They need to come committed to play their games for 60 minutes and if they do they have an awfully good chance of winning.

It is an excuse. If the Bruins wanted to, they could easily play for a full 60 minutes. They just need to go out and do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

It is an excuse. If the Bruins wanted to, they could easily play for a full 60 minutes. They just need to go out and do it.

Don't think Bruins can skate with Leafs for 60 min

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Every team played a similiar schedule.  The bruins have enough younger  players to counter the older ones...comes down to motivation as a team.  Washington out gritted them last year seems like Toronto could do the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Why break up the Bruins best line in game 6.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I expect Julien to roll out the same lines as per his usual...you bring in Jagr to play with skilled players and you stick him with Kelly and Peverly... and don't even bother playing him either on the Krejci line or Bergy's line?  Marchand , Seguin and Horton lately have not earned the right to keep their spots... Try something new....oh well, guess we will find out in less than 24 hrs if Julien still gets to keep his job..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I would sit Marchand, I think he is hurt.  He must be right?  I also have no idea why PC put so much work in bringing Soderberg over only to see him sit and watch the games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Why break up the Bruins best line in game 6.

Bc ST isnt going to score, hit or fight.  He doesnt kill penalties.  Id rather they go with 7 def or anyone but ST.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Tomorrow is about hockey so #22 has to sit.

All other lines remain the same.

No time to be experimenting.

They're suposed to be motivated pros...if they can't get up for game 7 then it doesn't matter what the line combos are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SomethingBrewin's comment:

Tomorrow is about hockey so #22 has to sit.

All other lines remain the same.

No time to be experimenting.

They're suposed to be motivated pros...if they can't get up for game 7 then it doesn't matter what the line combos are.

I want it.  No chance cj does it.  I would rather jagr with campy paille and bring anyone in to play with kelly pev.  Or Go with 7 def and double shift whoever is on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Put Jagr with 2 skilled guys, Bergeron, Marchand
    Put Seguin with Peverly, Kelly, and hope he figures
    something out. You don't score 2 goals in 2 games
    and trot out the same product, not when the 
    momentum is gone and 3 lines in this series have
    done virtually nothing offensively.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

if Marchand is hurt sit him out and if he isn't hurt he needs his a## kicked. he has been the main issue on that line as he usually battles and keeps pucks alive but he hasn't been doing that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

if Marchand is hurt sit him out and if he isn't hurt he needs his a## kicked. he has been the main issue on that line as he usually battles and keeps pucks alive but he hasn't been doing that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

I imagine Ference will be back and he will have had an extra day off but who knows how bang up he is.  Does anyone think some fresh legs in the line-up would be good?  Who would you put in and who would you take out?

Another homer who uses Injuries/Fatigue as an excuse. Really? Last time I checked everyone in the league played the same amount of games as the Bruins, including the teams currently in the playoffs. The excuse bus left a long time ago, please drop such defense for a team that clearly cannot get out of its own way. 

That being said, I agreen on the tweaks. Don't understand Claude's ignorance when it comes to "change". He waited until there was 2:34 left in the third to switch Seguin and Marchand with Peverly and Jagr. The guy has to adjust, he's playing checkers while the other guy is playing chess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've been posting they had to move Jagr from Peverley and Kelly even before the playoffs started.  This is my only issue I've had with Julien stubbornness .  They guy will live and die by that sword.  

Thornton, as much as we would rather see someone else in his spot it will not happen ! I agree they've been a very good line and I also believe having someone in the place of ST they will still be a very good line.

Other than that Julien waited too long, this is the lineup and this is what he will go with tonight.