Lockout Vent!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Lockout Vent!

Thursday Nov. 15 and there is still no CBA between the NHL and the NHLPA. The sides aren't even speaking again. It's way beyond who's right or wrong. Both sides are at fault. Gary Bettman takes the heat (He only does what the owners instruct of him) as does Donald Fehr (Union leader) I think the Ego's are so big that they are too worried about winning or losing in the public eye. The damage is increasing daily both in dollars and in PR. The ones who suffer are not the Owners or the Players, who both surely have Millions and Billions to fall back on, It's us fans, who are already teased for liking the 4th or 5th ranked sport in the world, now we have to endure this ignorant roller coaster ride everyday in the media with rumors and reports that probably hold no merit at all. We are being mocked and most importantly taken advantage of. We as the fan base spend enough money collectively to pay every player,owner, and hot dog vendor in these buildings and in return we get a slap across the face, told we don't matter, and our money is not wanted here! 
    Please get it together. To make the deal both sides will have to make concessions, both sides will win and lose. It's called negotiating.(isn't that what a Collective Bargaining Agreement Is?) At this point making a deal is just damage control, so we can have our shortened season with full playoffs and be ready for next year. (and you all will make more money then any fan will ever see) 
    It's frustrating to not have a voice, when WE are the ones who own this league!
    Stop taking us and our hard earned money for granted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Lockout Vent!

We do not own the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yeah please explain the part about us owning the league lol.

Why do we deserve a voice? We are simply people who chose to watch the business called the NHL on our free time. The ONLY ones losing are the NHL and the NHLPA, we just have to find something else to do 3-4 nights a week for a few hours....

I've actually gotten quite content watching these guys lose millions of dollars.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

They have work because there is a fan base to work for. Take away the fan base (us) there is no work! So yeah they work for us! We may not "own" the league, but we are the life support. Some of my wording may be extreme, I just always enjoy the nhl product, and I miss it the same as the other fans do. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I like the idea here, though -

I would like to apply this same logic to Michael Bay movies and any movie based on a board game ever.  Can I please vent about the fact people watch that abomination Two and a Half Men?  Lots of people.  I would also like to claim ownership of iTunes or whatever choke point is necessary to stop the creation and sale of One Direction and similar "music".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Obviously we don't own the league....but we are the customers.  Each having one voice, and the ability to use that any way we see fit.  Change happens when a significant group voices a unified opinion.  That can be interpretted in a number of ways, and validation exists all around us, as to that reality.

A relevant example of the fans having a say...would be ticket prices when attendance is trending downwards.  Ownerships first response is usually better ticket prices.

Personally, I get quite annoyed with any position that paints fans as poor helpless victims.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the idea here, though -

I would like to apply this same logic to Michael Bay movies and any movie based on a board game ever.  Can I please vent about the fact people watch that abomination Two and a Half Men?  Lots of people.  I would also like to claim ownership of iTunes or whatever choke point is necessary to stop the creation and sale of One Direction and similar "music".

[/QUOTE]

We will never succeed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Thats really my point. Customer is always right, they need to be heard and respected. We have the right to be treated fair during and after the sale. I don't feel respected or cared about. If enough people did somthing about it, both sides might smarten up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BruinBuff's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats really my point. Customer is always right, they need to be heard and respected. We have the right to be treated fair during and after the sale. I don't feel respected or cared about. If enough people did somthing about it, both sides might smarten up.

[/QUOTE]

1.  The customer is certainly not always right.

2.  Did you enjoy the NHL last year?  The year before? 

3.  "I don't feel respected or cared about" sounds like a whiny, pathetic housewife.  Get some nuts.

4.  If you dislike how you're being treated (oh no, they're working out the details of the contract and aren't playing right now...oh the horror!  Oh the shame!), go enjoy the AHL, or the ECHL, or the OHL or the NBA or the NFL.  No one cares about you watching hockey or paying for hockey tickets.  NHL fans die every day and every day new fans are created. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

It may sound whiny, but thats what venting is. (is that not the title?) I never threatend to stop buying tickets or to stop watching NHL. I'm an NHL fan for life. I do keep up with the AHL and have enjoyed it, I do every year.  I'm glad they are working details on a new deal, however It's ridicoulous that its still happening approaching the end of Nov.    I guess I struck a nerve just having an opinion.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The only thing you and anyone of us own is his or her own remote control. And the right to go to the closet NHL rink and try to buy a ticket. That's it.  Bye the way...I had posted before the end of the playoffs last year that I thought there would be no NHL this season because of the lockout. I now believe that we will see a half season. I hope Rask is healed and ready to get inbetween the pipes.