Looking for Clarity

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Looking for Clarity

Amazingly Richard I do not have the "clairvoyance" of one of your "non voyant" predictions.  

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After listening to Cherry, KPD, D and C, Felger, I need to have some thing clarified. If Orpik's hit was "a hockey play" or "clean", then how does Eriksson get a concussion?  

Likewise, how does "slew foot" enter the conversation when speaking of Thornton's pugilism on Orpik.  There was no slew foot.  The Ref's hand goes up, Orpik lurches backward, thenThornton thrusts him to the ice.  What Thorton did is horrible, but get the action correct.  

BTW Orpik gets a concussion and the media coverage, rightfully so.  Orpik is granted immunity on his hit on Eriksson even though Eriksson gets a concussion? What?

Clarity please!

[/QUOTE]

Buy yourself a flash light

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly, but he never had the puck which means Orpik went outside the code.  Period.

[/QUOTE]

Which code is that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Orpik could have done a lot of things differently here. 1) Actually played the puck 2) Look at where his right shoulder is aimed... right at the chin. 3) Could have skated through Eriksson's right shoulder or even his left.

I love big hits, Im getting tired of the concussions and wondering whether someone's next is going to be their last played game.

[/QUOTE]

Orpik's initial move was to play the puck.  It took a weird bounce off the wall which created this whole unfortunate play.

It was a split second play.  Watch it in real time and tell me you truly believe he tried to hit Eriksson in the head.  Honestly, with the major crackdown on head shots, why would he do that? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Orpik did not seek to hit Eriksson in the head.  My reference to "code" was used to establish that hockey players are not headhunters and should respect the safety of other players.  I do believe Orpik had more than a split second to decide the type of hit, hip check. I do believe Orpik's game is centered on body checks, but I do maintain he knew Eriksson's was not looking up ice.   Enough said, oddly enough Orpik's contract next year will go up significantly now that the cap is set much higher.  The Bs would love to sign him. BTW NAS the pics you do post are helpful.