Lord Stanley is coming to Tillsonburg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Lord Stanley is coming to Tillsonburg

Finally found some proof the date Gregory Campbell brings the Cup to Tillsonburg.

http://www.fm96.com/channels/newsinfo/localnews/Story.aspx?id=1456564

Small town between Toronto and London On. The radio station here in London has mentioned its coming July 30th.

Side note, TSN has posted that Hortons visit has been delayed cause the Cup has been held up at the Border. Huh! Canadas National Trophy delayed to return home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Lord Stanley is coming to Tillsonburg

And how many little towns get the cup for a day and also a song about them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6EiYbRTv4M

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

I'll be in T-Burg for that! ;)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Lord Stanley is coming to Tillsonburg:
    [QUOTE]Finally found some proof the date Gregory Campbell brings the Cup to Tillsonburg. http://www.fm96.com/channels/newsinfo/localnews/Story.aspx?id=1456564 Small town between Toronto and London On. The radio station here in London has mentioned its coming July 30th. Side note, TSN has posted that Hortons visit has been delayed cause the Cup has been held up at the Border. Huh! Canadas National Trophy delayed to return home
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

If you had the power of being a Customs agent; would you not try to hold it up for some stupid reason. I bet you a dime to dollar that there's pictures of the cup with the agents at that particular border.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

I drove 1 and a half hours to Dunville today to see Nathan Horton and the Stanley cup. But Stanley was late, real late. He paraded without the cup and then my kids and I waited 4 and a half hours in the scorching sun with our hockey jerseys on and Nathan decides at 3:00 that he's had enough. So the cup was actually there for about 45 minutes because a cab finally dropped it off just after 2 and we don't even get to meet the guy. What a crock of uknowhat. Hope Tilsonburg is better. Oh yah, thanks Nathan for leaving before about a thousand of us could meet you. I know you were hot and bothered and had better things to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: Lord Stanley is coming to Tillsonburg:
    [QUOTE]I drove 1 and a half hours to Dunville today to see Nathan Horton and the Stanley cup. But Stanley was late, real late. He paraded without the cup and then my kids and I waited 4 and a half hours in the scorching sun with our hockey jerseys on and Nathan decides at 3:00 that he's had enough. So the cup was actually there for about 45 minutes because a cab finally dropped it off just after 2 and we don't even get to meet the guy. What a crock of uknowhat. Hope Tilsonburg is better. Oh yah, thanks Nathan for leaving before about a thousand of us could meet you. I know you were hot and bothered and had better things to do.
    Posted by 24Reilly[/QUOTE]

Feel for all that went. Too bad of the delay. Sorry he could not stay. You could come to Tillsonburg. Guess there will be more that I hoped showing up. Oh well, more Bruins fans the better I guess.
    Hope Gregory does not get delayed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

Probably will go to Tilsonburg as it is closer. Wanted to meet Horton though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

In Response to Re: Lord Stanley is coming to Tillsonburg:
    [QUOTE]I drove 1 and a half hours to Dunville today to see Nathan Horton and the Stanley cup. But Stanley was late, real late. He paraded without the cup and then my kids and I waited 4 and a half hours in the scorching sun with our hockey jerseys on and Nathan decides at 3:00 that he's had enough. So the cup was actually there for about 45 minutes because a cab finally dropped it off just after 2 and we don't even get to meet the guy. What a crock of uknowhat. Hope Tilsonburg is better. Oh yah, thanks Nathan for leaving before about a thousand of us could meet you. I know you were hot and bothered and had better things to do.
    Posted by 24Reilly[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration, I was there too and drove for just over an hour, and yeah, lost about 5 pounds sweating :)

But, even though Nathan was late getting there (possibly hoping the cup would arrive), I thought he did his best to get to as many people as possible. He did make up most of the missed time by staying until 3 and even as the organizers were trying push people off the stage, he was still signing.

I have no issues with Nat, I thought he did a great job. Unfortunately there were thousands of people there and not enough time to get to all :(