Losing Patrice is huge!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Losing Patrice is huge!

Has anyone heard what happened to him and in what part of the game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Losing Patrice is huge!

Looked like a back injury but I don't think the B's will confirm it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yep. I'm encouraged by the fact that he left on his own power.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

He was reported heading to the hospital in an ambulance.  So not so much on his own power.  I'm wondering if it was a concussion.  They showed him skating and then moving to a more upright position.  My thought on that is when you drop your head, you tend to get more dizzey as apposed to keeping your head up.  Just a thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Not me. If bergie could have played he would have.  gm 6 is not far away.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

HNIC said it is ribs, doubling over provides comfort instead of stretching out. He should wear a flak jacket to pull it in next game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not me. If bergie could have played he would have.  gm 6 is not far away.  

[/QUOTE]

Cherry says probably rib injury

[/QUOTE]

Ribs are pretty important. I had cracked ribs and could play.  Breathing huge problem.  Every breath hurt.  

We would have had a heck of a time winning with him.  I dont wanna picture trying to win without him.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I thought it could have also been his oblique muscle (is that the one under the ribs in your back?).  I don't see it being his front ribs, he would have been over forwards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to readsocks's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

okay genius.... you are not only a trainer,but an astute diagnostician  

Thank you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He looked like he couldn't straighten, looked more back than ribs, up as he was skating towards the boards then back to the bench. He was sitting up in the ambulance, so hoping that is a good sign but of course I am no Dr. Recchi.

Hope Patrice pulls a "1992 Bird" in his last playoffs. Larry would spend the night sleeping in traction at the hospital then come out to play the Pacers then the Pistons. Either way I feel good about Monday for the Bruins!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It would be very tough to lose him but if they do it's time for others to step up and fill the void. He was taken to the ER so I have to believe his season is done. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

wow you got one heck of a fan club following you on this forum.

Spleen rupture I don;t think so otherwise he would not have been released from the hospitol and on a flight this morning to Boston.  My guess it couls be bruised rib , hopefully not cracked.

If there's any chance he plays again have him rest game 6, Bruins can and will win without him, have him ready to go for game 7.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to juniorfalcons19's comment:

Thanks for the post Captain Obvious.

not you again. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I agree that if it was a spleen injury he would still be in the hospital and of course unable to play again this season.  With his history of concussions, if this were the injury, he would also be done until next year and maybe retirement.  Cracked ribs, again probably done but if bruised ribs, he will be skating.  But we will probably get more info today on what the injury is and how serious.  Lets keep our fingers crossed first and foremost for his personal health and second that he will be able to skate with his teamates if not Monday, for game seven.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

CHICAGO -- Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli issued the following update Sunday on the status of forward Patrice Bergeron: "Patrice was discharged from the hospital Saturday night and will be flying home with the team this morning," Chiarelli said in a statement.

His status for Monday’s Game 6 at TD Garden is unknown."

If Patrice hadn't gotten on the plane last night then I would have to admit he was done for the rest of teh SCF. I would think he is probably is a game time decesion, just like Toews, on Monday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

sandog, I'm not counting on him. They already have one ghost skating and pretending he's not hurt--Horton. I love Patrice, and maybe they can't win without him, but I'd rather see Caron take his spot and move some of the other pieces to create some sort of scoring sense. Soderberg is a great case as to why you sometimes just have to insert guys into the lineup because you have some guys who are just floating around and not doing much over the course of several games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm holding out until it's official Laughing

I like your thinking though as I do think the Bs can still win game 6 without him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

sandog, in my opinion, the team played its butt of in that 3rd Period, outskated the Hawks for most of it, and created chances, just couldn't get a lucky tip-in like the way Hawsk seem to get off of Seidenberg's skates, sticks, shoulders, gloves, etc...I'm just picking on Seidy, but you know what I mean.