Loui and Iginla vs. Horton and Sequin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Loui and Iginla vs. Horton and Sequin

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

True shupe but Horton really forced PC to do something.  One could say Horty screwed over the B's worse than TT did (solely from a lineup perspective if you know what I mean...I don't fault NaHo for taking his deal in Columbus one bit).

The B's had Thomas under contract for one more year.  He decided he wasn't going to show up.

Horton's contract expired.  He let everyone know he was going elsewhere. 

How did Horton screw the Bruins?

[/QUOTE]

Screwed was the wrong word.  But his decision to leave probably forced PC to make the Seguin deal IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

True shupe but Horton really forced PC to do something.  One could say Horty screwed over the B's worse than TT did (solely from a lineup perspective if you know what I mean...I don't fault NaHo for taking his deal in Columbus one bit).

The B's had Thomas under contract for one more year.  He decided he wasn't going to show up.

Horton's contract expired.  He let everyone know he was going elsewhere. 

How did Horton screw the Bruins?

[/QUOTE]

Screwed was the wrong word.  But his decision to leave probably forced PC to make the Seguin deal IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Hang, instead of forced, I'd say PC became inspired to trade Seguin as a result of losing Horton. How's that for a positive spin? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Horton is very injury prone.  Iginla is not.  Horton makes a ton more salary than Iginla.  They score the same amount.

seguin played 3rd line for the Bs. in the playoffs.  loui will play on the Top 2 lines for Boston.  Seguin is faster and makes more salary.  Seguin was playing out of his natural position in Boston. loui is much tougher than Seguin and is a natural winger.  They score the same amount roughly.

Best value per production goes to Boston.  Boston also wins the physical battle while losing a bit of speed.  Boston gets players playing in their natural postitions as opposed to last year.  Bruins don't have to deal with a college aged kid anymore.  

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hang, instead of forced, I'd say PC became inspired to trade Seguin as a result of losing Horton. How's that for a positive spin? 

[/QUOTE]

Yes thank you dez

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

By wanting to leave and not be competitive Horton has actually done the Bs a favour. I'm grateful.

Mulling it over I'm glad Seguin is gone. Being a gracious guy PC was very tactful in what he said about him. Frankly, if Seguin wasn't going to change his ways for a contender helmed by a former NHL player great while playing with the likes of Bergeron, Chara, Jagr etc then what are the chances of him changing next season in Dallas when his first taste of the big money contract kicks in? Hasn't even proved himself a center yet either. Yep, glad he's gone.

So yah, I'll take Loui and Iginla anytime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Horton is very injury prone.  Iginla is not.  Horton makes a ton more salary than Iginla.  They score the same amount.

seguin played 3rd line for the Bs. in the playoffs.  loui will play on the Top 2 lines for Boston.  Seguin is faster and makes more salary.  Seguin was playing out of his natural position in Boston. loui is much tougher than Seguin and is a natural winger.  They score the same amount roughly.

Best value per production goes to Boston.  Boston also wins the physical battle while losing a bit of speed.  Boston gets players playing in their natural postitions as opposed to last year.  Bruins don't have to deal with a college aged kid anymore. 

Great post Luc!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

geesh if Shawn Thornton and Chara couldn''t get thru to Sequin good luck to Dallas. The nightlife is way better in Dallas than Boston and there are tons of strip clubs. Sequin might not be lifting the cup anytime soon but I'd imagine he'll be lifting plenty of shots at the clubs. Have fun Tyler!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

geesh if Shawn Thornton and Chara couldn''t get thru to Sequin good luck to Dallas. The nightlife is way better in Dallas than Boston and there are tons of strip clubs. Sequin might not be lifting the cup anytime soon but I'd imagine he'll be lifting plenty of shots at the clubs. Have fun Tyler!

Why is the nightlife in Dallas better?  There are plenty of bars and clubs in Boston.  The music scene is top notch.  The long list of colleges provides a high quality steady stream of tail to pick from overall.

What's so much better about Dallas?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonwarrior. Show bostonwarrior's posts

Really like the way this team is shaping up, Iginla and Eriksson should be way more consistent night in and night out than Horton and Seguin. Bruins needed to do something about the combo of Peverley, and Kelley, weren't getting much bang for the buck with either of those two. Should be very solid in net, and on the blue line, hopefully one or two young guys can step up and help.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

At least we got the answer as of why Horton played the way he did and didn't engage much in the season. That's another way to play for a career ending contract.  He was thinking more about his future and I don't blame him.  He needed a long term contract, now he's set even if he gets hurt.  He turned it on a little in the playoffs only because of guys like Lucic and Krejci.

Lucky for him , maybe he should send those guys a couple Rolex watches for the contract they helped him land as a thank you.

For now having Eriksson and Iginla (my preferrence over Alfie at 41) is the better trade off. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow this is a no brainer. Give me the two players coming on board 10 out of 10x! Looking forward to a Horton/Iggy round 2. Go get em Iggy! You never know with Horton's injury history and inconsistent effort and Sequin's refusal to go into the corners and inconsistent effort as well. How psyched is Claude with these 2 acquisitions. No more babysitting Sequin and wondering where his top line right winger is every other night. Nice job Peter!!! picking up 2 ultimate professional to plug into a very professional team.

100 percent agree.. the two replacements are far and away better choices..good luck Seguin... and bye

[/QUOTE]

oh you better not be one of those coming back here in 3-4 years and say we should have kept Seguin.  For the record I'm a little bitter of what has happened with Seguin (from his partying all the way to the trade and maybe more ...)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

Supposedly the Dallas FO think Seguin listens to Recchi. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Now Horton is the bad guy and all of a sudden an Iginla that everyone wanted (Iggy) then he went to Pitt (screw you Iginla), got swept by the B's (haha, Iginla you stink, wrong choice) and is now a Bruin (got get em' Iggy!!)...

Hortonand his family prefered to live in a quieter setting and informed the Bruins of his decision. Nothing wrong there, and I wish him luck.

I'm also think Iginla, on a one year incentive laden deal playing with Krejci and Lucic will put up some pretty good numbers. Glad to have him.

So let the Horton/Iginla comparisons begin, but lets not bash Horton because of what he decided was best for his family.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

The Bruins may be a less tallented team than a few days ago, but they I think are better suited to compete for the Cup. 

Best of luck to Seguin who didn't fit (and will probably be a star in a different system) and Horton who wanted a simplier way of life.  Go B's!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

For some reason this week has reminded me of the Brad Park/ Phil Esposito trade.  I know apples/ oranges.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

For some reason this week has reminded me of the Brad Park/ Phil Esposito trade.  I know apples/ oranges.

That trade worked out well for the B's and this one will too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to bostonwarrior's comment:

Really like the way this team is shaping up, Iginla and Eriksson should be way more consistent night in and night out than Horton and Seguin. Bruins needed to do something about the combo of Peverley, and Kelley, weren't getting much bang for the buck with either of those two. Should be very solid in net, and on the blue line, hopefully one or two young guys can step up and help.

Totally agree with this. I love that the B's dont sit back anymore, when signing and moving players. They make stuff happen, unlike the B's of the 90's. Im excited for this team and its sort of a fresh start again. It gives the B's a whole new look without changing much.

Also, I have no ill feeling towards Horton. Sure I wanted the B's to sign him, but he did what is best for him and his family.

As for Seguin Im not the least bit upset with him going. As for now, he is just a prediction of what he will do in the future. Sure, he scored here in Boston, but it had more to do with who he played with. Bergy and Marchand are what make that line. And now with Erikson, it should only be better.