Loui and the third line ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Loui and the third line ?

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I said after 10 games, or less he'll be back with Bergeron. He's still not a 3rd line player.

[/QUOTE]

He's still not a third line player on most teams but on the Bruins (and with their depth), currently, he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

All the  "total garbage" about Iginla is beyond stupid. Do they not use their brain,

[/QUOTE]

Yes and no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The one thing that peeves me off to no end it how easily people forget things. All the  "total garbage" about Iginla is beyond stupid. Do they not use their brain, to think of anything as to possible reasons why a certain player may not be playing up to his full potential. The guy was playing great & actually passed Lucic in the goal scoring dept. But, I guess he's not allowed to have time to heal like if it was Chara, or Bergeron, or Campbell. The guys a warrior & the 2 week break will be perfect for him. This is the possibility of what Iginla's problem maybe. This is a surgeron's explanation of a dislocated finger! Dumasses!

It depends upon the nature of your injury. A simple dislocation that is put back in place within a few hours will usually heal well, but it may take 8-10 weeks to regain full motion. If your finger is dislocated (i.e., the joint is not aligned properly) for four weeks, that is a much more complicated problem. You should see a hand surgeon to find out your options and prognosis. 

So, he may need surgery in the off-season. Obvisiously, it's bothering him. He hasn't had a fighting major since it's happed & he hasn't been shooting the puck by leading off with his wrong foot. Which is his meal ticket & that may have an affect on the amount of pressure that also goes into his hands when shooting the puck from this position.

[/QUOTE]

It's his thinking that bothers me, not his shooting.

[/QUOTE]

But he's always been a sho ot 1st type player his whole career. So if he can't do what he does best, don't you think he needs an adjustment period to be able to change his thinking? I think there's far too many people are too quick to jump all over a 1st ballot HOF'er. The other thing is this. Who out there was available for the Bruins to grab to replace Horton & fit the mold on this team? The Bruins are capped strapped, who were they supposed to move to go out and get someone to play in the top 6? Who was/is available to play there? You move Eriksson with DK & you're taking away the teams muscle. The DK line is the hard nosed, tough & in your face line. The Bergeron line is supposedly the teams best finesse & speed line & thrives on causing turnovers in the defensive & neutral zone. Eriksson's game suits Bergeron & Marchand a lot more than Lucic & Krejci's. And right now I think it is a possibilty that Loui stays on the 3rd line to give that veteran presence, not because he's not top 6 material. When Kelly comes back that most likely will change. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See, nite, that all makes too much sense.  What they should do is just scramble the lines and "see".  Because, you know, "what if...".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

See, nite, that all makes too much sense.  What they should do is just scramble the lines and "see".  Because, you know, "what if...".

This is the best part of all book? The top 6 that are playing on the top 6? OMG.....they are actually the top 6 in scoring! That'almost as good as finding out the a McDonalds egg Mcmuffin only has 290 calories! WHAAAAAAT!!! 

But yea, lets just mess it all up, because this injury riddled team is only 2nd in defence, 14th in offense, 2nd in the Conference, has a winning record against the Western Conference and has taken points, or beaten the "best of the West"! And everybody's favourite bandwagon argument (including me) has improved the PP from 14% to almost 20%. Yea, lets blowup the lines! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I find it bizarre how low our tolerance is for players who are off their best games.  No, that's not quite right.  I understand that; you're watching the game, and it's close, and Iginla takes a second too long to decide what to do with the puck, turns it over, and there goes the whole first line shifte. Or Eriksson gets a perfect shooting opportunity and goes back to the point with the puck.  It can be maddening.  I understand that part.  What's bizarre is the reaction to that frustration.  Players - all players not named Gretzky or Orr - slump.  When the slump coincides with the team losing, I can see why people want to make significant changes - juggle lines, make trades, play prospects, fire coaches - but I when the team is second in the conference, second in the entire league in ROW, top of the league in goals against, top 10 in goals for, shouldn't we be a bit more patient in the way we perceive guys not scoring?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

My take on Loui on the 3rd line was as mentioned about 10 games and see, Smith right now has slacked off a tad in the goal scoring and he might be a better fit with spooner and Yeti

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Loui is fine on the third line.  He's the best third liner in the league and could be a great asset in the playoffs.  He's gonna be there because Smith is playing exceptional and consistent hockey and needs to stay on the 2nd line.

I don't think he's "out of place" on the Bruins at all.  I'm not a fan of his style because I find he looks a little awkward and boring, but there's no denying he's a very fine player. I can see him being moved in the off-season for a cheaper alternative if Iginla's back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But he's always been a **** 1st type player his whole career. So if he can't do what he does best, don't you think he needs an adjustment period to be able to change his thinking? I think there's far too many people are too quick to jump all over a 1st ballot HOF'er. The other thing is this. Who out there was available for the Bruins to grab to replace Horton & fit the mold on this team?"

This has nothing to do with his play in Boston and why Iginla should gets a pass with his terrible playmaking or $h/ot selection. When Jarome goes into the HOF, I will probably watch and applaud loudly for his great past play.

But Iginla should not get a pass in a Bruins uniform because of his HOF numbers from the past. It's not a one or two game stretch, it has been all season against teams that Boston will have too pass through or play against too get to the cup.

Big Time Jarome is not doing it in tough grinder games. I'm hearing and seeing too many excuses for him. Good cycles die in his hands. If this play continues PC has to be as concerned as I and others are.

He disappeared against the Bruins last summer when things got tough. ZERO points minus- 4. On pace for 22 goals with the ice time he gets, not impressed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"But he's always been a **** 1st type player his whole career. So if he can't do what he does best, don't you think he needs an adjustment period to be able to change his thinking? I think there's far too many people are too quick to jump all over a 1st ballot HOF'er. The other thing is this. Who out there was available for the Bruins to grab to replace Horton & fit the mold on this team?"

This has nothing to do with his play in Boston and why Iginla should gets a pass with his terrible playmaking or $h/ot selection. When Jarome goes into the HOF, I will probably watch and applaud loudly for his great past play.

But Iginla should not get a pass in a Bruins uniform because of his HOF numbers from the past. It's not a one or two game stretch, it has been all season against teams that Boston will have too pass through or play against too get to the cup.

Big Time Jarome is not doing it in tough grinder games. I'm hearing and seeing too many excuses for him. Good cycles die in his hands. If this play continues PC has to be as concerned as I and others are.

He disappeared against the Bruins last summer when things got tough. ZERO points minus- 4. On pace for 22 goals with the ice time he gets, not impressed.

[/QUOTE]

A dislocated finger isn't an excuse for him? He's still jamming the net, & making plays. I don't understand the hostility towards the guy, when he's playing injured. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A delay in reply but yes Horton is a good example.  Although he had the summer off to recuperate.  Obviously I would want Eriksson to return to the level of play ala Dallas around April.  I have no problem with his "soft" play as some say.  The Bs have plenty of bone crunchers.

[QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed but it just might be in the 2014-15 season.  I am an Eriksson fan, but two concussions does cloud the offensive skills primarily close near the net.  

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont see Eriksson on the 3rd line as a permanent thing. Just coming back from injury, Smith was hot etc... Eriksson will be back on 2nd line sooner rather than later.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't bother Horton. If Loui goes unscathed between now & April? I think he'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I like Loui on this line.  The guy can play fewer minutes on this line.  Those should be softer minutes on his body then matching up against the top line as often as possible.  With the concussions this is responpible, the depth it adds is a solid bonus.  When Kelly is back Thorton sits, you could rotate guys on that line as situation demands.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

A purely stats-driven individual can never be convinced of an argument until after the fact.

Therefore, asking a stats-driven person to consider options other than the status quo is a waste of time. They can't do it. The stats don't exist yet, and so will always "lose" to the stats that do exist.

These lines exist, therefore they have stats, and other lines, which do not yet exist, do not have stats, and therefore for a purely stats-driven person, are not worth considering.

Until the lines are tried, at which point the stats-driven person will announce their logical superiority.

Stats-driven = rear-view mirror = technical stock traders = political analysts = "   ".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See, I find that to be a cop out.  "Oh, it's just that you're stats-driven...".  No, it's that I want a reason before just trying things.  What's the rationale for putting Eriksson on the first line and dropping Iginla down?  And note that there's a bit of a trap here for the resistance to "stats".  Iginla's not scoring.  Scoring = stats.  Also note that Iginla's play isn't really a reason to put Eriksson in that spot.  What's the rationale to suggest that Eriksson would be a good fit with Lucic and Krejci?  That's all I'm looking for - a reason to anticipate that this will be a better lineup than just "try it because the status quo isn't working."  To really try something like that, you need to let them practice together, play several games together, and see if they have a fit.  Coaches who just juggle until something clicks don't last as long as Claude has in Boston.

SanDog's been on Iginla lately, and he's given a couple of reasons beyond scoring, and, yes, Iginla hasn't been his best on the cycle since the dislocated finger.  But it isn't entirely true that he's not showing up against the contenders.  At least, it hasn't been consistently true.  He has a goal and an assist vs. the Lightning, ditto vs. Pittsburgh, two goals vs. Ottawa, an assist vs. Anaheim, a goal in the first game vs. SJ.  That's 8 points in 12 games against the top two conference opponents, a key divisional matchup, and two of the top Western teams.  The Bruins' leading scorer typically isn't much above a 2 points/3 games pace.  He hasn't been as good since the Christmas break, and that has corresponded with a fairly dense stretch of quality opponents, and you can't argue that he has had some struggles in that stretch.

I'm not worried about the shote selection thing.  Seguin used to shoote from those same spots.  Horton didn't and sometimes it was maddening that he wouldn't.  Those are the opportunities he's getting right now, partly because of how he's being used on the PP and partly because Lucic and Krejci aren't playing at the top of their games either. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Spark for chemistry. The Blues tried and tried Janney with Hull with zero success. Then Shanahan was paired with Hull and Janney started clicking with Scott Young eventually. This, as an example, happened because either Hull suggested it or Keenan just tried it to shake things up.

Bergeron with Eriksson will never work, it has not and won't ever. Very easy too see. Horton and Krejci clicked almost immediately. Thus far into the season there is still nothing there between Ignila/Krejci and it is almost February. Very easy to pick up that they don't know where they want to be found.

Julien put Bitz and Begin with Savard for Pete's sake. The lines can always be changed back, nothing has to be set in stone. This offensive set that Julien has of today is not going to beat Anaheim nor Chicago in a 7 game series. Not going to happen. This is very clear watching the games against good teams.

The blind love for Iginla's great accomplishments in the past is not allowing some to watch him make terrible decisions. It's like his mind has snapped back to being a rookie again. He needs to snap out of it with the TOI he gets or give someone else the chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Most of the criticism is about IGinla not meeting expectations, and making mistakes. There are definitely chemistry problems with Eriksson whan he played with Bergie/Marchand, and even now with a fellow Swede, but Spooner is also in a learning curve that doesn't help or respond to Eriksson. That could mean it's just a big mistake that Chiarelli and Claude have to resolve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

1.  Iggy hasn't played poorly, he just isn't getting results.  Given his pedigree, I think it's perfectly reasonable to show some patience with him.

2.  Loui just isn't 100% yet - 90% at best.  Add that to the change of scenery and teammates, and he's going to struggle some no matter who his linemetes happen to be.  Right now, Smith's scoring may be dropping off a little, but that line is the B's best.  That doesn't happen if Smith is playing poorly.  And the third line has actually LOOKED decent lately, albeit the results haven't been there.  In other words, I'm fine the way things are unless/until there is a good reason to change.  If it aint't broke . . . . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nice post and good reasoning.  Some don't respond until your post total is 100l  You will do well with your thinking.  BTW Kel had to get 200 as his avatar was Carey Price in those times. 

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

1.  Iggy hasn't played poorly, he just isn't getting results.  Given his pedigree, I think it's perfectly reasonable to show some patience with him.

2.  Loui just isn't 100% yet - 90% at best.  Add that to the change of scenery and teammates, and he's going to struggle some no matter who his linemetes happen to be.  Right now, Smith's scoring may be dropping off a little, but that line is the B's best.  That doesn't happen if Smith is playing poorly.  And the third line has actually LOOKED decent lately, albeit the results haven't been there.  In other words, I'm fine the way things are unless/until there is a good reason to change.  If it aint't broke . . . . 

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice post and good reasoning.  Some don't respond until your post total is 100l  You will do well with your thinking.  BTW Kel had to get 200 as his avatar was Carey Price in those times. 

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  FWIW, I figure if people don't want to comment on what I am saying bcause I haven't been around long enough - that's their prerogative. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spark for chemistry. The Blues tried and tried Janney with Hull with zero success. Then Shanahan was paired with Hull and Janney started clicking with Scott Young eventually. This, as an example, happened because either Hull suggested it or Keenan just tried it to shake things up.

Bergeron with Eriksson will never work, it has not and won't ever. Very easy too see. Horton and Krejci clicked almost immediately. Thus far into the season there is still nothing there between Ignila/Krejci and it is almost February. Very easy to pick up that they don't know where they want to be found.

Julien put Bitz and Begin with Savard for Pete's sake. The lines can always be changed back, nothing has to be set in stone. This offensive set that Julien has of today is not going to beat Anaheim nor Chicago in a 7 game series. Not going to happen. This is very clear watching the games against good teams.

The blind love for Iginla's great accomplishments in the past is not allowing some to watch him make terrible decisions. It's like his mind has snapped back to being a rookie again. He needs to snap out of it with the TOI he gets or give someone else the chance.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA! You dweeb....j/k. I understand what you are saying, but I'm going to say something else to you. This talk about the West going to be able to destroy the East. I love it that the West has so many teams that play Bruins hockey. In the East....Who can play Boston's style? There maybe 2 teams that might be able to match them physically for 7 games. Philly & Toronto, but who do they have that shows they can play that way for 4 rounds & who's stopping the puck? Bolland? Who I love, but IF that's who Toronto is hoping for to bring them over the hump? Good Luck!

The Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Blues, Hawks, that all play, or can play a similar brand of hockey. Then you have the AV's who probably are the speed team. There's 6 out of 8 teams. So, with the new format it's highly probable that one of the 3 teams in CA will be facing one another in round one. Then these teams out West are going to be beatened up like nobody's business & IF the 7th, or 8th seed do upset one of the "tough" teams they're going to have a tough go the rest of the way. So, whoever comes out the West? They're going to have a pretty rough 3 rounds of hockey. Last yr was half a season, this yr is a full one, plus Oylmpic's. You got 5 teams in the West that all play the same brand & it's the hardest brand to play. In the East you pretty much have only one that plays that way. And it's the team that's been thru the same trench's 2 out of 3 yrs. I love the Bruins chances!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Who can play Boston's style?"

How did the Hawks fare ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Question was oddly punctuated, but it's "in the east, who can play Boston's style?"  The point being that, come the playoffs, the Bruins don't have to beat Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose, LA and St.Louis.  They don't even have to beat a couple of those teams.  But almost certainly, whoever comes out of the west will have had to play two or three of those teams.  If the playoffs started today, San Jose would play LA in round one.  Let's say LA wins, because I don't like JT Superstar.  Assuming the Canucks don't upset the Ducks, then LA has to beat the Ducks (or vice versa).  Chicago and St.Louis would avoid one another in round one, but then they'd very likely face off in round two.  At his point, each of the big 5 will have faced at least on other big 5 team, and the Kings 2.  If LA wins, they have to play a 3rd big 5 matchup, and whoever else wins faces their second.  So right now, it's conceivable that the Bruins (if they make the finals - I take nothing for granted here) would face an LA team that's been to war with SJ, Anaheim and Chicago/St Louis.  Boston, in contrast, could go Toronto, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh if you follow the chalk.  Take nothing for granted, but none of those teams will be the physical challenge the western rep will face.

Strength of schedule may be a great equalizer for the Eastern rep in the Finals....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Question was oddly punctuated, but it's "in the east, who can play Boston's style?"  The point being that, come the playoffs, the Bruins don't have to beat Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose, LA and St.Louis.  They don't even have to beat a couple of those teams.  But almost certainly, whoever comes out of the west will have had to play two or three of those teams.  If the playoffs started today, San Jose would play LA in round one.  Let's say LA wins, because I don't like JT Superstar.  Assuming the Canucks don't upset the Ducks, then LA has to beat the Ducks (or vice versa).  Chicago and St.Louis would avoid one another in round one, but then they'd very likely face off in round two.  At his point, each of the big 5 will have faced at least on other big 5 team, and the Kings 2.  If LA wins, they have to play a 3rd big 5 matchup, and whoever else wins faces their second.  So right now, it's conceivable that the Bruins (if they make the finals - I take nothing for granted here) would face an LA team that's been to war with SJ, Anaheim and Chicago/St Louis.  Boston, in contrast, could go Toronto, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh if you follow the chalk.  Take nothing for granted, but none of those teams will be the physical challenge the western rep will face.

Strength of schedule may be a great equalizer for the Eastern rep in the Finals....

For sure it will. When the Western representative gets to the SCF it will be tired ,tested & hurting.This does not mean that the Western finalist won't win the Cup but they won't have just finished a 48 game regular season as well. The B's on the other hand, while no Eastern final guaranteed,  will not have to face the physical pounding that the western teams will except maybe in a matchup with the Lerfs,Flyers,Penguins and i don't consider them as rugged as any of the teams mentioned from the west.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

By the way, Eriksson had a decent couple of chances against Philly, and he got the puck weakly on the goalie's chest...Strange but, remind me of Tyler Seguin in last year's playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping with my point book! You got what I was trying to say & in agreement.