Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Lucic

In Response to Re: Lucic:
    [QUOTE]Just for arguments sake.  When did dominic moore become a dirty player.  I gotta laugh at people.  yeah he had it coming?  Why?  He deserved a cross check to the side of the head.  Likely the same people wanting Brule thrown outta the league for a dirty play against Boychuk. I have no problem cheering on the home team but please.  No one deserves a cross check in the head.  Correction.  One person does and his name is Matt cooke.   But other than him no player deserves it. Now Lucic is the man.  he is the man b/c he cross checked a guy in the head and forced a non-fighter to fight.  Wow, you guys are easy to please
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Forced a non fighter to fight??? Are you kidding me?

Brewer dropped em first. Get off this train Shupe. Brewer stepped in and you say lucic forced him to fight? Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Watch the video.  Brewer came into the pile yes...Lucic was forcing him into fighting so Brewer threw his gloves off in hopes of catching him.  Brewer actually grabbed Horton 1st before Lucic pushed his way into him. .  Realizing he had no choice he threw his gloves off.  Call a spade a spade.  

Yes Really!!!  Watch the f'ing replay without your homer glasses

Brewer is a non fighter,  Moore is a pest.  Lucic is a hero for this? 

Lucic was more a hero for me by scoring the winning goal or tangling with someone in his weight class. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I-Like,

I gotta laugh at people on here.  The double standard is always present.  Its funny to me.  If one player does one thing to a Bruin he is the dirtiest thing since Matt Cooke. 
    I love watching good hard nosed hockey.  But if you think what Lucic did was hero-status I simply don't agree.  Sequence of events was pretty simply. 
    1. Horton hit Moore after play and was talking with Moore
    2. Lucic cross checks Moore in the head(hero?  not for me).
    3. Horton comes back at Moore again.  
    4.  Brewer enters the mix and initially goes to Lucic but wisely was more interested in Horton(must not have seen he Peckham fight).
    5. Lucic pushes his way as the main agressor and I will grant Brewer did drop his glove 1st in hopes on getting an edge against a much better fighter(not even close).
    6. Lucic handles him easily.

A hero is born.

Then people say Moore deserved it?  And that brewer deserved it.  

I commend Brewer for sticking up for a new team mate and fighting someone he has no business fighting.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As an example.

If Clarkson from NJ cross checked Marchand in the head after Colin White hit him after a play and then forced Kaberle into a fight and put a pounding on him would you call Clarkson a hero?
    I know Brewer has fought more will be the answer.  Well Clarkson isnt as good a fighter as Lucic so thats the weigh off. 

Had Lucic put a royal pounding on cooke last year after he ended Savy's career I would have called him a hero.
    When Lucic scores two big goals(GWG) I can call him a hero.
    When Lucic fights Jim Vandameer after he is bag tired and handles himself well I can call him a hero.
    When he does what he did last night and people are blaming the other guy and making Lucic into some cult hero figure I just shake my head.  Dominic Moore may be an annoying player to play against but I am pretty sure Horton could handle that situation. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Couldnt decide what post to quote Shupe so I didnt quote any heh.

I didnt call Lucic a Hero or anything. So lets not go putting words in my mouth here. I probably overreacted a bit but thats from reading idiocy on TSN comments befores about Lucic.

I actually dont like what he did to Moore, I would have rather had Horton fight Moore straight up. Thats what I thought was percolating up and would'nt of resulted in a 5-3. But to say Lucic forced Brewer to fight is false.

You better believe that players in the EC now know that if you hop into a pile with Lucic-Horton your chances of having to answer the bell go up drastically than otherwise. Not only that Brewer did go straight to Lucic i watched it again. So if your going to come into a pile and grab Milan as if your about to fight him. YOU Cant be surprised when he fights you!

I cant stand how peopel paint lucic as someone who picks his spots, is a bully etc.... When Brewer started that fight just as much as Lucic did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Brewer 4 Fighting Majors
    Lucic 5

Pretty even in nnumbers this year if you ask me. So why was poor little Brewer innocent and just being picked on by big bully lucic?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

First of all Lucic fighting is always a gamble (injury to a GOOD player).

He is a good player who can drop the gloves and do it well.  I would rather see him fighting other good players who can/are willing to drop the gloves for the simple fact that there is an equal trade off skill wise and an equal level of risk wise (the other good player could get hurt as well).  If the player who is willing to scrap doesn't do it so well that's there problem.  Comparing fight resumes before a scrap isn't realistic in the heat of the moment.  Seeing him fight the other teams call up tough guy who gets 2 minutes a night and could play with both his hands cut off and nobody would notice....drives me crazy.

I don't like the cross checks to the head either but some guys snap like that and you just hope they don't hurt someone or get suspended and hurt their team.  Chris Pronger has made a career out of playing the game this way.  Not saying it's right but it is a way a player builds a reputation which in turn creates space and time on the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I-Like, I gotta laugh at people on here.  The double standard is always present.  Its funny to me.  If one player does one thing to a Bruin he is the dirtiest thing since Matt Cooke.  I love watching good hard nosed hockey.  But if you think what Lucic did was hero-status I simply don't agree.  Sequence of events was pretty simply.  1. Horton hit Moore after play and was talking with Moore 2. Lucic cross checks Moore in the head(hero?  not for me). 3. Horton comes back at Moore again.   4.  Brewer enters the mix and initially goes to Lucic but wisely was more interested in Horton(must not have seen he Peckham fight). 5. Lucic pushes his way as the main agressor and I will grant Brewer did drop his glove 1st in hopes on getting an edge against a much better fighter(not even close). 6. Lucic handles him easily. A hero is born. Then people say Moore deserved it?  And that brewer deserved it.   I commend Brewer for sticking up for a new team mate and fighting someone he has no business fighting.     
    I commend Moore for running to the bench after he slew foots Horton. I also commend him for the great dive after the Lucic thing. The whole Bruins team was upset with what Moore did. C'mon Shupe. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]This may sound like blasphemy to my fellow Bruins fans, but I actually like Lucic more than Cam.  And I was a HUGE Cam fan.  He hasn't scored 50 in 43 yet, but he has a certain intangible quality.  He's a winner.  He's one of the funnest players in the league to watch.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love Lucic's game this season.  I have stopped telling myself he can't be as good as Cam.  I have stopped placing ceilings on him altogether.  He improves so much every offseason that there's just no telling.  If you forced me to bet whether or not he ever scores 50, I would probably be forced to bet against it.  Same bet at 40 and I would probably bet that he hits it.  There's really no telling, but hopefully he is a Bruin for life and we will get to see all of his progression.  This kid has so much heart it would kill me to see him in another Uniform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I-LIKE,

I don't think Lucic picks his spots. I have talked that he does fight a lot of guys not in his league.  I mean when he fought JV the othre night I could getr over how big Lucic is.

Brewer is not known as a fighter.  Being a dman it will happen on occasion.  I said non-fighter and if you watched the tape closely you realize he doesnt wanna fight him.  The fact that Lucic may be known for jumping the gun on fights may have had him thinking I better go or be knocked out.  

And lest watch the EC in the playoffs when fighting drops off and Lucic pulls a bonehead play like that and we lose a game b/c of it.  Fighting stops in the playoffs. 

I wasnt singling you out by the way.  I was laughing at reading that Moore deserved it then read a post the other night about Brule and the classic double standard.  It makes me laugh b/c its not like its a little bit, its an incredible double standard.

In regards to Brewer, you come in a yard with a dog that bites then assume you will get bit.  But to say Brewer was looking for this fight is a stretch.  He had 4 fights.  3 were for coming to the aid of a team mate.  One was with Ott.  He also avg maybe 1 per year.  again, not exactly a house hold name for the rough stuff. I give Brewer a lot of credit for coming to the aid of a team mate that was given a cheapshot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Callo-

Did he deserve a crosscheck to the head?  Did he really? Are you saying he dove after getting cross checked in the head?  Please say you meant another play.  I won't even go further until you can explain.

Marchand slew footed a guy and dives just about every game.  But we are cool with it.  Double Standard

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Seidenberg cross-checked a guy in the face last night. I thought that was a dirtier play than Lucic responding appropriately to a punk stirring sh.t up.

When Lucic plays with an attitude, the Bruins usually win. When both Horton (who I really didn't think had it in him. I WAS WRONG) and Lucic play with an attitude (and Boychuck and Kaberle and Kelly and on and on), they are DOMINANT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I love Lucic & he has been great this season for the most part but he has to be careful with that type of stuff. He doesn't need to do that.

He is starting to get a rep as picking his spots. He is tough enough & not sure he wants that reputation. That is the one area I hope he improves on.

Other then that the guy is a stud who plays his best in the most important games. Something this Bruins team lacks as a whole.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cafardo,

there is a difference between tough and stupid and dirty.  He cross checked a player in the head.  Head shots are no no's.  What if pulls this in the playoffs and gets 2 games+.  Still cool with it?  What if it costs the Bruins a game in the playoffs.  Still cool with it.

Hard hitting, stirring the drink and the occasional tilt I am all for.  Playing the role of idiot I am not a fan of. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The Lucic crosscheck might get looked at, the seidenberg definetley will get a look.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Cross checks are 2 minute penalties.  What do you think?  Three game suspension for slashing up next?  Five games for tripping?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic : Cross checks are 2 minute penalties.  What do you think?  Three game suspension for slashing up next?  Five games for tripping?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thats like saying Matt Cookes elbow to Savy's head wasnt a penalty or that McSorely should have got 2 minutes for slashing on Brashear.  Sure the standard rule book has it documented.  But what was Gillies play?  An elbow/forearm.  Still deserve 2 minutes?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

At most he gets a game suspension and a different perspective from the pressbox for a night.  But the rest of the NHL sees this and the next time a yappy diver wants to chirp on Lucic's ear, he'll have it in the back of his mind that he might be wearing lumber.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He will not be suspended. The crosscheck was weak and not intended to injure but to get Moore's attention. Moore was obviously not hurt and Colin Campbell, for all his flaws, does not usually reward dives. Plus Brewer tried to play policeman (whatever the outcome) and took care of it on the ice.

End of story....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

jmw,

I can't believe you wrote that.  Was McSorely's slash to Brashear not meant to hurt him, no intent?

Moore dove on Lucic's cross check to the head.  Wow. 

We should rename the Bruins... Double Standard. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

people that don't like him and say he needs to fight people in his class, are really just saying "we want him to fight boogaard so we can watch him lose".  I'm not sure when he became classified as a heavy weight but he's not, he's a "middle weight" at the top of his division.  Its like ufc fans complaining that st pierre is picking on guys in his class and he should be fighting lesnar.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]jmw, I can't believe you wrote that.  Was McSorely's slash to Brashear not meant to hurt him, no intent? Moore dove on Lucic's cross check to the head.  Wow.  We should rename the Bruins... Double Standard. 

Just stating what I think Colin Campbell will look at if he reviews it. This was not meant to be a personal view.

CC tends to go by result when handing down fines/suspensions. Just a fact...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic : Just stating what I think Colin Campbell will look at if he reviews it. This was not meant to be a personal view. CC tends to go by result when handing down fines/suspensions. Just a fact...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clarity.  I mean I said it looked a lot worse than it was as well. 

I am just having a hard time reading a lot of these posts(not yours directly).  We had Brule push Boychuks head into the boards the other night and people thougt this was worse than the greyhound Murder in western canada.  Then we have our own guy deliver a cross check to the head and the other guy had it coming. 

I don't think Lucic is a dirty player by any stretch and outside TT I believe he is our MVP this year(well along with Chara).  I for one didnt have high hopes for Lucic being this good and I am the 1st to say I am completely happy I was wrong.  The guy makes a difference each time he steps on the ice.  He isnt a heavyweight fighter in my eyes in the weight class.  He can hold his own against any class(including super heavy weight). 

But when I read a guy like Callo start a thread about Brule and then think that Lucic's cross check was fine it just makes me laugh.  Moore deserved it?  If that play happened in the playoffs and we lost I would lose my mind.  Trust me, each team we may face has a rat style player. 

Lucic has won me over with his play this year.  Not his fights.  He needs to bring it every once in a while and I am fine with the Brewer fight. 

Anyway, I am awaiting a flood of posts about me not knowing anything about hockey or that they deserved it, or that I am a Habs fan.  All I ask is for people to look at it through non-bruin-tinted glasses once in a while.  Guess I am in the wrong place for reasonable conversation. 

I will leave this thought.  Gillies smashes Clutterbuck(very good pest and much more known than Moore-after he hit a team mate).  How does this differ from what Lucic did to Moore(with a weapon).  I know they are totally different players, but pretend another site was ripping Lucic like Gillies has been ripped on here.  Its like I read one thread and its get this garbage outta the league, then I read another about our hero for giving a guy something he deserved. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic : Thank you for clarity.  I mean I said it looked a lot worse than it was as well.  I am just having a hard time reading a lot of these posts(not yours directly).  We had Brule push Boychuks head into the boards the other night and people thougt this was worse than the greyhound Murder in western canada.  Then we have our own guy deliver a cross check to the head and the other guy had it coming.  I don't think Lucic is a dirty player by any stretch and outside TT I believe he is our MVP this year(well along with Chara).  I for one didnt have high hopes for Lucic being this good and I am the 1st to say I am completely happy I was wrong.  The guy makes a difference each time he steps on the ice.  He isnt a heavyweight fighter in my eyes in the weight class.  He can hold his own against any class(including super heavy weight).  But when I read a guy like Callo start a thread about Brule and then think that Lucic's cross check was fine it just makes me laugh.  Moore deserved it?  If that play happened in the playoffs and we lost I would lose my mind.  Trust me, each team we may face has a rat style player.  Lucic has won me over with his play this year.  Not his fights.  He needs to bring it every once in a while and I am fine with the Brewer fight.  Anyway, I am awaiting a flood of posts about me not knowing anything about hockey or that they deserved it, or that I am a Habs fan.  All I ask is for people to look at it through non-bruin-tinted glasses once in a while.  Guess I am in the wrong place for reasonable conversation.  I will leave this thought.  Gillies smashes Clutterbuck(very good pest and much more known than Moore-after he hit a team mate).  How does this differ from what Lucic did to Moore(with a weapon).  I know they are totally different players, but pretend another site was ripping Lucic like Gillies has been ripped on here.  Its like I read one thread and its get this garbage outta the league, then I read another about our hero for giving a guy something he deserved. 

It is just the nature of being a fan. There is a tendency to minimize the faults of one's team and maximize those of the opposition. Just go to a TB fan site (if there is one...hehe) and they will undoubtably eschew venom for the dirty Lucic and praise the virtues of Downy or say the the Jones hit on Bergeron a few years bacl was not really that bad.....

I understand this. I am just suggesting that CC's M.O is one that we can assume nothing will come of Lucic's little escapade...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

jwm,

I agree.  I doubt there will be a suspension and I understand a fans loyalty.  Its just hard to digest sometimes.  And I am stupid enough to dive into it thinking that I can make sense of the matter.  I wish Lucic had of cross checked me a few hrs ago before I read this post.  Haha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Callo- Did he deserve a crosscheck to the head?  Did he really? Are you saying he dove after getting cross checked in the head?  Please say you meant another play.  I won't even go further until you can explain. Marchand slew footed a guy and dives just about every game.  But we are cool with it.  Double Standard
    Shupe I love how everytime you think someone disagrees with you you automatically throw out "marchand does it but we are cool with it" like that's what I was saying. If Marchand continues to do what you think he is doing then he should answer for it as well. This is how hockey used to be and should continue to be. Teams standing up for themselves. Bruins aren't taking anything from anyone. I don't feel bad for Moore at all. He is that type of player who does the dirty stuff but isn't willing to answer for it. It wasn't a crosscheck it was a punch to the back of the helmet as well. And Moore completely flops as soon as the ref gets to him. Looch took actions into his own hands and then answered for it against Brewer. I don't really feel like getting into another argument over plays we don't agree with. We both know we aren't going to change how we feel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB9T7QIjigg