Luongo To The Flyers???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Luongo To The Flyers???????

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413187

It certainly sounds like a goaltending move that Philly would make.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Luongo To The Flyers???????

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Bryzgalov supposed to be the goalie of the future for the Flyers?? So they'll give up on him after only 2 seasons, for a guy like Luongo who would likely wilt playing in Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Bryzgalov supposed to be the goalie of the future for the Flyers?? So they'll give up on him after only 2 seasons, for a guy like Luongo who would likely wilt playing in Philly.

[/QUOTE]

Every goalie the Flyers bring in is "goalie of the future". The Philly nets have been in shambles for awhile. I don't see Luongo being able to do much to change that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

That would be a great move for the Bruins organization. Having Lu play in Boston more often could never be seen as a bad thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would love it.  Yet another mis-guided attempt for the Flyers to bring in their goalie of the future who will finally put them over the top.

Regards to Roman Cechmanek.

Somebody pull up the old Bryzgalov threads where it was argued that the Flyers had made such a great signing and found the goalie to put them over the top...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"for a guy like Luongo who would likely wilt playing in Philly"

The ghost of Bernie Parent stil residing proudly in the land of cheese steak. The philly faithful would indeed eat Bobby Lou up.

http://www.capgeek.com/flyers

Holmgren would have to send salary back and then have to replace those players next fall. The man is agressive but having good depth for deep playoff runs is hard to achieve even with a hot goalie. Pronger on LTIR will help though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't know San, the fans in Van are even worse than the ones in Philly, and he's survived them for the most part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Misery is an intregal part of Philly goaltending: Welcome Roberto.

You'll love it PHA, PA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Philly fans booed the national anthem, through snowballs at Santa becuase he was late to game, sent an assistant coach from the Chargers to the hospital hitting the poor guy with a piece of ice and the Pièce de résistance...During a Dallas-Philly football game an attorney, then later the mayor of Philadelphia (yep!), was paying people in the cheap seats to hit Jimmy Johnson.

There are no worse than Philly fans, not even close lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know San, the fans in Van are even worse than the ones in Philly, and he's survived them for the most part.

[/QUOTE]

at first i was going to disagree with you red. the fans in philly boo'ed santa clause. then the next thing i thought was yeah, but those vancouver whack-jobs burned their own city. i guess it's a toss up. imo leaky lou is damaged goods- he has shown how fragile his psyche is. the simple fact that he sat in their visit to boston last year, is further proof. he should have been begging for that start, and if he did, i'm guessing he would have been accomodated out of respect. he's a mental midget if you ask me, he can go anywhere he wants, and that won't change. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Why they would want another expensive goaltender is beyond me. Unless they could some how magically make Bryzgalov disappear I can't see this happening. Especially with all the young players they have that will see big pay raises in the near future.

That being said, hope they do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Philly fans booed the national anthem, through snowballs at Santa becuase he was late to game, sent an assistant coach from the Chargers to the hospital hitting the poor guy with a piece of ice and the Pièce de résistance...During a Dallas-Philly football game an attorney, then later the mayor of Philadelphia (yep!), was paying people in the cheap seats to hit Jimmy Johnson.

There are no worse than Philly fans, not even close lol

[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to disagree with you here. Canucks fans live in a beautiful city, and it's the whining, city burning and relentless sense of entitlement that make them so awful. Philly fans are simply angry because they live in Philly...the place is a cess pool and I don't blame them for being miserable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Maybe I'll agree with adk, that it's a toss-up. The whining and the conspiracy nut-jobs out here are legion. Sure, there's decent ones like 49, but there's also ones like the guys driving by in a pick-up who called my 4 year-old niece a "Loser" because she was wearing her "Pooh-bear" jersey. Classy. Booing Santa Claus   though... like I said, it may be a toss-up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'd take 20 Canucks fans over 2 Philly fans. Philly fans are the worst. While Vancouver fans are homers, I can't stand the idiotic Flyer fans. They're so obnoxious that I hate them more than Habs fans.     Best/worst comment in that article   crazykeeder 1 hour ago I think Luongo would look good in a Bruin jersey. Rask is a health risk and Thomas maybe done. Not sure if the Bruins have cap room, but if they do then I hope they think about it. Report this comment!    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Maybe I'll agree with adk, that it's a toss-up. The whining and the conspiracy nut-jobs out here are legion. Sure, there's decent ones like 49, but there's also ones like the guys driving by in a pick-up who called my 4 year-old niece a "Loser" because she was wearing her "Pooh-bear" jersey. Classy. Booing Santa Claus   though... like I said, it may be a toss-up.

Wow that is ridiculous, Ok I can go with a toss up. Blueshirt fans who took the rowdy train down to the garden in the 70s taught me how sware. Rag NY fans come in a close 2nd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Philly fans are the worst.  They are so miserable that they hate their own players and feel so threatened by opposing fans that they frequently act out in violence.  I've never had fans in opposing buildings come after me except in the old Spectrum when I was wearing Bruins stuff. Saw a couple Bruins fans get jumped that day.

They booed Mike Schmidt, they cheer injuries, and you better believe they'll boo Luongo.  Guys with a toughness complex and ten beers in their stomach don't like long-haired, pretty boy goalies who fold in the face of pressure.  Ron Hextall is a little more their speed (and he got booed too).

I take issue with calling a 4-year a loser, not so much because of the age, but because it was a Canucks fan talking to a Bruins fan.  The statement makes no sense.  I guess he wasn't talking about hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Luongo will thrive in the no-pressure atmosphere of Philly.

In related news, their corporate barn gets fitted with metal detectors.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Philly fans are the worst.  They are so miserable that they hate their own players and feel so threatened by opposing fans that they frequently act out in violence.  I've never had fans in opposing buildings come after me except in the old Spectrum when I was wearing Bruins stuff. Saw a couple Bruins fans get jumped that day.

They booed Mike Schmidt, they cheer injuries, and you better believe they'll boo Luongo.  Guys with a toughness complex and ten beers in their stomach don't like long-haired, pretty boy goalies who fold in the face of pressure.  Ron Hextall is a little more their speed (and he got booed too).

I take issue with calling a 4-year a loser, not so much because of the age, but because it was a Canucks fan talking to a Bruins fan.  The statement makes no sense.  I guess he wasn't talking about hockey.

[/QUOTE]

I usually don't buy the whole 'their fans" because of the actions of a few. We have them in Boston, but when it comes to Philly, I couldn't agree more..total idiots.

How the heck is Philly going to make room for Luongo? Now way this happens unless they get rid of Bryzgalov (Toronto??) ...I don't see how this happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I usually don't buy the whole 'their fans" because of the actions of a few. We have them in Boston, but when it comes to Philly, I couldn't agree more..total idiots.

How the heck is Philly going to make room for Luongo? Now way this happens unless they get rid of Bryzgalov (Toronto??) ...I don't see how this happens.

[/QUOTE]

Hey if the Flyers are looking for a new goaltender I know of a local team that would trade the contract for a certain bunkered goalie in Colorado to them. He'd be more reliable then Luongo if they could get him out of hibernation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey if the Flyers are looking for a new goaltender I know of a local team that would trade the contract for a certain bunkered goalie in Colorado to them. He'd be more reliable then Luongo if they could get him out of hibernation.

[/QUOTE]

One problem. If theyre trading for Luongo they need to unload a contract or two. Chiarelli has no room to take on any money. If Philly was smart, they would trade for Thomas now, wouldnt cost them anything, (4th rounder??) since nobody knows for sure if he's coming back. In fact Bob McKenzie wrote during the summer that the Bruins would probably have to add a 2nd round pick to his rights to get some team to take the contract..Either way, wouldnt cost Philly anything, and if he came back, they'd have a proven winner, looking to make a statement at the pro-rated poertion of his deal. Makes all the sense in the world.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If TT would not play in Boston, then why would he play in Philly.  He got his money now he wants to retire, one could argue that the competitiveness may be dormant, but his actions are pretty clear.  Just maybe TT knows his time is up, living in Colorado with millions in hand is not a bad life.