Luongo trade close to happening?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Luongo trade close to happening?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190

Kind of weird a G.M would put this out there. My guess is Toronto and they are trying to trade Komiserek or buy him out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Luongo trade close to happening?

You like Komisarek?  Let's see if anyone takes him in trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

You like Komisarek?  Let's see if anyone takes him in trade.

Not really a fan, just said in another thread I'd take him as a 5th or 6th d-man. Like I said, I think theyre trying ot find a taker for him to make the deal happen, but probably end up buying him out to make it happen...Could be Florida is the team as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190

Kind of weird a G.M would put this out there. My guess is Toronto and they are trying to trade Komiserek or buy him out.

Yah agree I would not put that out there and the deal you supposedly goes bad...ahh yah that's dumb. I think that the Lufas (sorry LRH) is a real good guess seeing how desperate to upgrade their goaltending.

Garth Snow thinking about all of new suites at Barclays in Brooklyn ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

With the Flyers 0-3 I think they will give a push to get Luongo...Briere could get involved in that trade...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

With the Flyers 0-3 I think they will give a push to get Luongo...Briere could get involved in that trade...

well good. at least we know that won't happen now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Briere for Lungo? Why? Briere is a talented young player coming off injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Lam...Briere is about 35. Not so young by NHL standards so I would think there may be other pieces involved here if there is a deal at all.  Lou for Briere straight up? I think Vancouver could do better than that, or at least I think they think so. Although it would improve their team in the short run. Would Philly do that? Perhaps. They believe they've been a decent goalie away from winning a cup. Is leaky lou that guy? I doubt it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yep, I'm confusing my Fliers. My mistake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Briere is a playoff beast and would add a nice mix to vans lineup.  Problem is van needs somtithing better.  briere's contract is terrible as well.  

I can see Edmonton in on this and I've said it's the best fit from the start.   Oilers fans are one of the best.  Hands down they would love him there. 

Gagner in.  Lou out.  Maybe Van takes Belanger back as well.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Briere is a playoff beast and would add a nice mix to vans lineup.  Problem is van needs somtithing better.  briere's contract is terrible as well.  

I can see Edmonton in on this and I've said it's the best fit from the start.   Oilers fans are one of the best.  Hands down they would love him there. 

I understand that for a team to absorb Luongos deal they'd have to move a salary, but I dont think Vancouver is in a position to ask for anything of value. They'd just like to dump him IMO..Totally agree with Briere. No way Philly does that. Two goalies making all that money and no Briere?

I think he's going to Toronto but I totally agree with you on the Edmonton side. If I were Luongo thats where I'd hope to be traded. Just getting them to the postseason would make him a hero there. Perfect scenario for him..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I understand that for a team to absorb Luongos deal they'd have to move a salary, but I dont think Vancouver is in a position to ask for anything of value. They'd just like to dump him IMO..Totally agree with Briere. No way Philly does that. Two goalies making all that money and no Briere?

I think he's going to Toronto but I totally agree with you on the Edmonton side. If I were Luongo thats where I'd hope to be traded. Just getting them to the postseason would make him a hero there. Perfect scenario for him..

If it were a pure salary dump it would be done or they buy him out.  I think he holds value. By numbers alone there aren't many with better stats.  I know his playoff failures but I think it's not just on him.  He makes 4.5.  That's not outlandish.  I can only see Philly if they intend on buying out bryz.  

Columbus could be ab option but I don't see Lou going there.  

My pick is an outside team.  Heck I can still see Florida getting him.  And I think that's what he wants.  Toronto seems ideal but I m not sure they get him.   Leaf fans are worse then Canuck fans.  

i will say this.  He has handled this thing with a complete show of class and I feel bad for him.  I hope he gets what he wants.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If it were a pure salary dump it would be done or they buy him out.  I think he holds value. By numbers alone there aren't many with better stats.  I know his playoff failures but I think it's not just on him.  He makes 4.5.  That's not outlandish.  I can only see Philly if they intend on buying out bryz.  

Columbus could be ab option but I don't see Lou going there.  

My pick is an outside team.  Heck I can still see Florida getting him.  And I think that's what he wants.  Toronto seems ideal but I m not sure they get him.   Leaf fans are worse then Canuck fans.  

i will say this.  He has handled this thing with a complete show of class and I feel bad for him.  I hope he gets what he wants.  

Well said. I still think he's a top goaltender, epecially if he gets int he right situation..I just dont see how Vancouver is dealing from strength since it's known he's not in their future plans, they have injuries up front etc..If they are able to deal him and get value in return, I'll tip my cap to them. I never count the Islanders out of anything...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think he has lots of value, but don't think they should trade him. Schneider has a 11.11 GAA right now and a .643 % - wait to see if he rebounds before you pull a trade. If Calgary lights him up tonight, I say you just forget about the trade for now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I think he has lots of value, but don't think they should trade him. Schneider has a 11.11 GAA right now - wait to see if he rebounds before you pull a trade.

Red

its a distraction.  Schneider can carry the load.  and they likely will take a goalie back in the deal.  It's been a distraction for 2 yrs.  go look at vans starting lineup.  After the Gazoo twins who have the speedster Kassian who do they have.  It's a lineup that is very very weak up front.  Man that hodgeson deal looks bad now.  

They have to do something or listen to it daily.  They need to make the most outta this situation and pull the trigger and try and get the season turned around. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think he has lots of value, but don't think they should trade him. Schneider has a 11.11 GAA right now - wait to see if he rebounds before you pull a trade.

Red

its a distraction.  Schneider can carry the load.  and they likely will take a goalie back in the deal.  It's been a distraction for 2 yrs.  go look at vans starting lineup.  After the Gazoo twins who have the speedster Kassian who do they have.  It's a lineup that is very very weak up front.  Man that hodgeson deal looks bad now.  

They have to do something or listen to it daily.  They need to make the most outta this situation and pull the trigger and try and get the season turned around. 

I watched the Van-Edm game last Sunday night. Kassian plays on the 1st line with the Gazoos. He scored a goal and fought Ben Eager. Hodgson has 2 goals but definitely wouldn't have made the Nucks any tougher had he been there instead. I think we need to wait a little bit longer before pronouncing a clear winner in the deal. Cheers! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

McKenzie just said on the pre-game show that he doesn't think the team in question for Luongo is the Leafs. He stated that the Leafs don't need to move anyone to make it happen. he thinks it is the Flyers. I'm guessing they are trying to Bryzgalov. I wouldnt hold my breathe if I were Luongo if thats the case.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Red

I watched the Van-Edm game last Sunday night. Kassian plays on the 1st line with the Gazoos. He scored a goal and fought Ben Eager. Hodgson has 2 goals but definitely wouldn't have made the Nucks any tougher had he been there instead. I think we need to wait a little bit longer before pronouncing a clear winner in the deal. Cheers! 

Yeah, you can't call the trade bad for either team now. i loved that trade when it happened. Pure hockey trade there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yeah, you can't call the trade bad for either team now. i loved that trade when it happened. Pure hockey trade there.

Thanks exactly what I thought too Kel. Both teams were trying to fill perceived needs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

McKenzie just said on the pre-game show that he doesn't think the team in question for Luongo is the Leafs. He stated that the Leafs don't need to move anyone to make it happen. he thinks it is the Flyers. I'm guessing they are trying to Bryzgalov. I wouldnt hold my breathe if I were Luongo if thats the case.

Don't you think there's a 3 way trade going on there then? If Van ends up with Bryz...Then they're no better off....Unless you get Bryz to the Islanders for Neider, a prospect & say a Striet to make up for Carle's depature. Then Vancouver sends Lu to Philly for a Voracek & Talbot? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Don't you think there's a 3 way trade going on there then? If Van ends up with Bryz...Then they're no better off....Unless you get Bryz to the Islanders for Neider, a prospect & say a Striet to make up for Carle's depature. Then Vancouver sends Lu to Philly for a Voracek & Talbot? 

Why would the islanders do this?   Why would Philly do this?   the islanders are getting hosed.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'd be surprised if it was Philly.  Both teams are up at the cap ceiling, and would have to, essentially, trade cap hits in order to make it work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Red

Another goal for Kassian tonight so he's now tied with Hodgson in points and way ahead in toughness.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Why would the islanders do this?   Why would Philly do this?   the islanders are getting hosed.  

I don't know Shupe...Someone said that Philly was trying to move Bryz. I just threw it out there. The Islanders have a toothpick & an aging goalie. The Canucks are going to be getting some value in return for Lu IF he went to Philly. The Islanders wouldn't be getting hosed at all. They're getting rid of a whining player, and putting a band-aid on their goalie situation like they've always done since they lost Osgood.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't know Shupe...Someone said that Philly was trying to move Bryz. I just threw it out there. The Islanders have a toothpick & an aging goalie. The Canucks are going to be getting some value in return for Lu IF he went to Philly. The Islanders wouldn't be getting hosed at all. They're getting rid of a whining player, and putting a band-aid on their goalie situation like they've always done since they lost Osgood.

[/QUS

strait is a solid d-man and Neider is a high end prospect.  The flyers will have no one willing to take him.  Voracek is another top end prospect and talbot is a glue guy.  Too much for LU.  

Im thinking backup goalie, bad contract and a prospect.